Follow our progress ...

Watershed Bock Beer | French Broad Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Style: Bock

Added by pezoids on 06-02-2003

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 4
3.77/5  rDev -4.6%

I've had this beer on-tap at Tyler's Taphouse in Durham, NC twice. It's a nice American take on the Boch style, but it's flavor isn't quite as pronounced as most Bochs I've tasted. The color is a nice dark brown, and the aroma was full of nut and malt accents. It has a smooth and full texture, and the aftertaste lingers for some time, making for a very enjoyable drinking experience. The taste is mainly of dark malts with a slight hint of brown sugary sweetness. Fun to drink, and I'll have another if it's still available during my next visit.

4.28/5  rDev +8.4%

A great Bock beer brewed by a good lager brewery in the US. Great malty flavor, right on for the style. Very easy to drink a few Not very widely available, only around Asheville and Western North Carolina as far as I know (farther east too now that I think about it as I had it for the first time in Winston-Salem). Look for it at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company, Barley's Taproom and The West Asheville Pub (all in Asheville).

3.93/5  rDev -0.5%

Had this on tap at Rio Bravo in Ashville NC. Nice dark brown color with good frothy head. Spicy aroma, taste was a balanced malt/ hop combination. Body is just a tad thin but that is being nitpicky. Finish was long and smooth with some pleasant bitterness. I could have had several more pints. Overall a very good beer which went well with mexican food. I thought about this beer as I rafted down the French Broad River the next day.

3.8/5  rDev -3.8%

Sampled on draft in a pint at Olde Town Grille as part of their rotational draft offerings.

Served a deep solid brown with little to no head at all. There was no lacing to speak of.

Aromas of mild malt and hints of a subtle sweetness.

Tasted of slowly roasted malt with some hints of carmel. Very smooth, medium body bock with an even malt taste. Great beer, but nothing surprising or shocking. This bock didn't wow me, but it also did not let me down. A solid offering.

Note: Won the 2002 Silver Medal at World Beer Championships in Chicago

Watershed Bock Beer from French Broad Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.