Elevated IPA - La Cumbre Brewing Co.

Elevated IPAElevated IPA

La Cumbre Brewing Co. visit their website
New Mexico, United States

Beer added by: jdense on 02-13-2011

Did someone ask for hops? Tired of beers that promise a full lupulin experience, but never deliver more than richly malted bitterness? It’s no secret that this is what we excel at. We’ve been brewing world class IPAs for years. Our flagship is the culmination of a decades worth of studying and brewing. Take a step above and acclimate to what an IPA should be.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,006 | Reviews: 143

4.74/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Hmmm. How to describe this beer. It is reminiscent of Heady with it's dankness, smell, and flavor profile. Yet, it's much more drinkable. Has a lighter body to it and leaves you wanting more. Citrus, pine, and I wanna say a Simcoe hop bomb.

Overall, one of the best IPA's I've had to date.

3.75/5  rDev -14.2%

4.13/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

1794th Review on BA
Can to English pint
16oz

Thanks to Marcos for this one

App- a semi lucent orange with golds and yellows with a fairly solid head that was there and gone. A decent amount of cling with some pond layer left on the top of it.

Smell- it's nice but just leaves me wanting more. A semi hoppy aroma with some tropical fruits and a smaller malt bill. A tad bit of resin but not particularly piney. A bit one sided. Smells a bit flat.

Taste- I will say this is nice. Its a bit more malty with a smaller fruited hoppy flavor with some resin. More of a malt flavor than I would've thought/expected. I however think that's what's throwing me. I've come to expect big, bold,brash. It's nice to smooth and a bit outside.

Mouth- A little mellow with more thicker malts than I would've though. Smoother fruited hops. Medium bodied with a smaller medium carbonation and a residual sweetness.

Drink- going back to taste. It's smaller and less over the top. Still throwing me off. I liked it and am still scratching my head on the balance this strikes.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Elevated IPA from La Cumbre Brewing Co.