Sour Batch #1 - Brewery Vivant

Sour Batch #1
No picture uploaded.

Brewery Vivant visit their website

Flanders Oud Bruin |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: GRPunk on 06-08-2011)
3.9/5  rDev -1.8%

On-tap poured into a tulip glass.

A- Initially looked like a jet-black body, though it showed some dark brown at the edges. The head started at about 1/2-finger tan color that dropped to a slight foam at the perimeter. Really nice stick on the glass.

S- A combination of dark fruit and vinegar. It all combined to give a wood-aged wine-like aroma. Something of a rich red boardering on wine-vinegar. Not the most robust aroma, but pleasant all the same.

T- More winey notes in the flavor. Dark chocolate and vinegar combine with some definite woody notes. My description may not be doing it justice, as I did find it pretty complex. Very much a sour, without overdoing it.

M- Quite dry with moderate carbonation.

O- This is a really nice sipper. I took my time with the 10 oz. serving, though I could have had another. It maintains the characteristics of a sour without overwhelming. I could see this as a really good introduction to sours. I only have a few under my belt, and enjoyed this offering.

GRPunk, Jun 08, 2011

ROBSTARR, Jul 28, 2013

bringmetobelgium, Feb 04, 2012
Sour Batch #1 from Brewery Vivant
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.