Tart Side Of The Moon - Brewery Vivant

Beer added by: jmunsters on 03-06-2013

Ratings: 341 | Reviews: 57
4.8/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pours from the 16oz can black with a thin head that removes itself quickly with little lacing. Smells of tart cherry, roasted coffee and unripe berries. Carbonation is moderate and the brew is a bit thick with a hint of alcohol.

Taste is tart cherry, roasted dark chocolate, coffee and green berries. Leaves the mouth a bit dry after, but the higher ABV is hidden well behind it all. A hint of brett gives a little funky farmhouse to the nose. The dryness almost feels like very fine cocoa dust left on your tongue which could be good or bad to a person. I down rated mouthfeel because of this personally.

Overall I was pretty hesitant paying $4.50 a pint for what was a mishap, but this was an awesome accident. This is going to stick as a favorite and I hope they choose to try for this again.

4.75/5  rDev +22.1%

Quite dark, full, and delicious. Not too tart, just tart enough.

4.61/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Can poured into snifter

A - Pours a deep black with a slight reddish hue when held to the light. Minimal carbonation, which is surprising for a "sour stout". Looks like a basic RIS.

S - The smell is very interesting. Versus other sour stouts I've had, the stout is very apparent in the nose. Smells more like a fruited stout, with hints of roast, coffee, cherries and raspberries. Smells very good.

T - Excellent. Well integrated stout roast with what tastes more like raspberries and blackberries then sour funk. A little sweet, a little sour, and a little bitter. On the back, some coffee bitterness washes away what sour there was and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

M - Can't find the 9.8% anywhere in this. Extremely drinkable. Almost refreshing for a stout. Not too thick and not too thin for the taste. It's quite juicy.

O - I am completely wowed by this one. Similarities to Lindley Park (although a bit more tart) and Raspberry truffle abduction (each flavor is much more integrated in this). This is definitely not a "sour stout" in flavor. It's more like a mimicked fruited stout. I hope this doesn't stay a one-off.

4.6/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

My frame of reference here is Jolly Pumpkin's dark dawn stout , plus a lot of stout drinking in my years. Tart side is in a class of its own. Intense dark chocolate and cherry flavors, toasty malt with burnt candy sugar and an odd hop presence that reminded me of black olives. This was a pleasant surprise, it pours relatively flat and has a cherry red hue at the edge of the glass. The mouthfeel is not too syrupy, with a little bit of life to it that is absent from most heavier stouts. Hats off to vivant for releasing this unique brew.

4.47/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Type: 16 oz can
Glass: Goblet
From: Plum Market in Ann Arbor
Price: $15

Appearance: pours a little motor oilish. dark brown almost black but with a hint of red. a small tan head that fades quickly and leaves nothing behind. good looking big beer

Smell: smoky malts, a touch of fruit.

Taste: Sour, cherries, slight coffee/roasted malts, bitter chocolate. very complex, very well balanced.

Mouthfeel: slightly bitter, slightly creamy, not as heavy as expected

Overall: This is an interesting beer. but i really like it. I like the bitterness being balanced by the sour, its an interesting take and turns out well. really glad i stumbled on this one. Loving Vivant and hope they keep up their interesting and unique Belgian beers. Definitely try some if you can find it

4.38/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Acquired in a trade w/ Skrip, thanks again man!

A- The pour is far more stout-like than expected, black as night, large light-brown head with medium-large bubbles that recedes quickly with no lacing.

S- The aroma really piques my interest! Tons of dark roast and sweet malt give way to sweet dark fruits, sour fruit, apricot, cherries, and tart granny smith apples. Also some coffee and chocolate come through. One of the most complex and compelling aromas I've found in a beer!

T- The flavor mostly matches the nose, just less pronounced, with coffee and dark roasted malts at the forefront, sweet/caramel malts and dark fruits secondary, and the sour/tart flavors come through just enough to make their presence known. Very tasty, but some flavors could be a bit more pronounced.

M- The mouthfeel is medium to thick, somewhere between a porter and a stout, with light carbonation and a slight stickiness. A welcome touch of booze is present, but not much for a ~10% beer.

O- This absolutely exceeded my expectations! Probably the best dark wild/sour ale I've tried!

4.37/5  rDev +12.3%

Poured from a 16oz can into a snifter. The label appears to be some sort of plastic, and peels off revealing a standard "Brewers Reserve" can. Bizarre but awesome!

A: Pours a very dark brown, bordering on black. Completely opaque. There is a mocha colored head which fades quickly to a ring of foam.

S: A great, smoky coffee flavor leaps out of the glass. A tart, dark cherry follows and leaves the lingering aroma of chocolate and red fruit.

T: The attack is subtle coffee and dark chocolate but builds to a powerful mid-palate of brewed coffee and some barnyard funk. Tart, black cherry develops into a long finish of chocolate and cherry. The combination of barnyard funk and roasted malt seems strange but is actually very well done and creates a little bit of a smoky sensation which permeates the whole experience.

M: Medium bodied and somewhat dry. Low-medium carbonation. Smooth and just a little sticky.

O: An amazing, unique beer. The flavors of coffee, chocolate, cherry and funk blend together seamlessly. Love it.

4.37/5  rDev +12.3%

Buschbeer's review is spot on with the details, though I liked it more than he did, and I am not a Brewery Vivant fanboy, I detested the farm hand farmhouse ale, as you can see from my review. Might be time to take myself up on the challenge of retasting farmhouse after chugging PBR (but where on earth can one buy a single of effin PBR, no effin way am I buying a 12 of that after the rooskies bought it) Received as a gift, 16 oz aluminum.

4.36/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a pint glass

A: Moderate pour yields 3/4 finger of dark brown head that starts out dense, then fizzes away very quickly :-(. No head remains after 30 or so seconds. Typical of a sour, but still, I like more head. Opaque black liquid is perfect. Lack of head brings it down.
S: Chocolate, raspberry, citrus tartness.
T: Chocolate, slight coffee with a tart edge to it. A terrific mix of sour and RIS. The best I've had yet from Vivant. So well balanced between the sour and the sweet and the roast. No skimping on the sour notes in this one. Cherry, raspberry, and pear flavors are contributed by the souring.
M: Slight heat, but the 9.8% is well hidden. Full and diverse. Finishes bright and clean with a slight amount of bitter roast lingering.
D: Excellent. Keep the sips coming! I would order another at a bar. I might try to snatch some more of these up! Thank you Brewery Vivant!

4.35/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A 9.8% dark sour farmhouse ale in a can? My interest is peaking so hard right now. Thanks hugonaut!

It is indeed dark - as dark as the darkest stout with a thin beige cap of carb.

Oooo... das nice. Powdery cocoa, mushy red berries show some tart characteristics... faint coffee, fermented chocolate, I like where this is going.

Quite the accurate description. Bright, tart farmhouse flavors layered with mocha, cherry, vanilla. One of the more interesting beers I've had lately. The natural cherry fruitiness fits nicely with both the roasted malt and the semi-sour saison flavors.

This tickles me precisely where I like to be tickled.

4.33/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours a dark, motor oil brown with some light lacing. It pours like a stout, but is probably more appropriately compared to a black IPA. Dark fruit notes hit the nose. Taste is nice blend of dark fruit, primarily grape, with some notes of black licorice. I'm normally not a fan of black licorice, but this brew pulls it off pretty well, with a sweet, pleasant finish.. The hint of grape, along with the heat of alcohol (9.8%), lends some wine-like qualities as well.

4.33/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Thanks to a very generous trader for including this extra. Pours a pitch black with a small, espresso-colored head. Looks how a good stout should look. Scent definitely has those wild notes. Tart, somewhat musty, and some nice dark cherry aroma. Lovely tart aromas with dark chocolate and dark malt. Hints of raspberry as well. Taste is tart up front...tart cherry with hints of booze. Delicious chocolate and roasty malt flavors. This is great, because you get all the characteristics of a good IRS, but there is a pleasant cherry tartness to it. Mouthfeel is perfectly carbonated and slightly sticky. Drinkability is high...there is a hint of booziness, but it works really well with this beer. Overall, this beer is awesome! It is up there with Tart of Darkness and Madrugada Obscura.

4.32/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Deep dark brown with a murky appearance. Average sized head with dark brown foam.

Aroma & Taste: Had nice chocolate, coffee and toffee notes to it. Not as tart as the name suggests, possible slight ginger notes to it. The coffee was stronger as an aftertaste. Enjoyable if you like dark beers with coffee and toffee notes.

4.3/5  rDev +10.5%

Poured from a 16 oz. can into a Duvel tulip

A: Very dark, almost black with a finger of tan head.

S: Tart cherries, berries, cocoa, and a little bit of funkiness.

T: Tart cherries, cocoa, and a little bit of woodiness. The cocoa flavor is what lingers after every sip.

M: Medium carbonation, medium body.

O: A great beer... I'm glad I was able to pick up some cans while on a trip to Grand Rapids. Vivant needs to put this beer in their regular line-up, and then send a steady supply of it to me in Ohio.

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

No canned on date.
Poured into a tulip glass.

A- Pours jet black, maybe a slight amount of light coming through on the edges revealing a milk chocolate looking brown. One finger light brown head that dissipated quickly.

S- Nice sour fruitiness, some dark fruits, some dark roasts.

T- Similar to aroma, the sourness is light but there. Really smooth and no overpowering flavors. Very nice combo of both tart and dark. Has a really sour cherry taste to it.

M- On the light side of heavy, kinda surprised how easy this is to drink.

O- This is definitely the best beer I've had from Vivant. Was really looking forward to this beer and was glad they released to distribution as I believe it was brewery only before. Not as tart as a few other sour dark beers I've had before but really I think sometimes a heavy tartness can take away from the base beer, especially if that beer is a dark one. Here I think the tartness and roasts are right on the same level with each other and that really helps with how smooth the beer is. I'd like to pick up some more of this and see how it ages.

4.24/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Thanks to ROBSTARR for sending this one down! Reviewed from notes. Poured from 16 oz. can into a TBBC pint glass.

A: Very dark - essentially black - and opaque. Forms a thin tan head with no visible carbonation.

S: Funky, vinegary, and some chocolate and coffee roasted malts that also impart some sweetness.

T: Roasted malts, cacao and somewhat less coffee, dark fruity sweet and sour cherries. The vinegar sourness is here as well, but a touch less so than the nose would suggest; but it's still quite present, and mixes with the funk. Hints of both hop and roasted malt bitterness at the end. The hang is sweet, funky, and mildly vinous.

M: Full-bodied but a bit lighter than expected, with a nice sticky mouthfeel. Relatively low carbonation sensation, and alcohol is noticeable but not "hot".

O: Really different beer here. Whether or not this was an accident, I quite enjoyed it. I suspect some Pedio was involved in souring this beer. As a friend of mine observed, were there a style of "Flanders Stout", I'm pretty sure this would be it. Recommended for sour fans looking for something different to try. And a cool-looking can.

4.24/5  rDev +9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

From Blind Bif 8. Poured from blind 16oz can into Crooked Stave snifter

Pours black with a pretty mocha head that dissolves quickly (might have to do with fan nearby.) Was hoping for a canned double IPA. Damn you blind bif! (4)

Dark chocolate, raisins, coffee, black licorice primarily. The chocolate aroma is pretty strong. And something odd I can’t pick out cold…. (4.25)

Dark roasted malt upfront, and is that…sour? This might not work for everyone, but I’m digging it. There’s a bit of hop bitterness too, but this is unmistakably sour. I can’t tell if this is meant to be a sour stout ala Tart of Darkness or some other sour dark ale. Since it’s got to be over 8% and there’s a plethora of roasted malt, I guess by default it is. The sourness is puckering and has a fruitiness resembling cherries and grapes, but I don’t think there’s any actual fruit in here, all yeast. (4.25)

Carbonation is medium with a medium body. The body is a bit chewy for a sour, with a dry finish. Alcohol is slightly evident, but not overwhelming or overly warming. (4.25)

The aroma showcased more acetic sourness as it warmed as well, and that head might not have had anything to do with the fan after all. I don’t know of any wild stouts from cans soo…yeah. Interested to see who makes this. Reminds me a bit of Funk Metal by Jester King, but it was a nice change of pace and an intriguing blind. (4.25).

The reveal… Brewery Vivant Tart Side of the Moon. It’s a “Dark Farmhouse Ale”. At 9.8%, this sour packs a punch. I dig the can art too. I’ve heard of Brewery Vivant, but I didn’t know they canned nor that they made a sour dark ale. Cheers!

4.2/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I picked up a couple cans of Brewery Vivant's Tart Side Of The Moon a couple weeks ago for $4.09 at The Lager Mill. I had this beer on tap, I thought it was a good tart stout, I'm interested to see how the can version compares, so lets see how it goes. 2013 Vintage First canned batch, fairly fresh. Poured from a a tall 16oz can into a Belgian Tulip.

A- I really like this can, it's a for sure upgrade from the stickerz they used in the past and the Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon theme is always a plus, I really like it and it's eye catching. It poured a dark black color that didn't let any light come through with a finger and a half worth of dark tan head that quickly died down to a very thin ring that eventually faded away and it left hardly any lacing behind. This beer looks nice, but I wish there was a little more head and lacing.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness to it that was followed by a nice tart cherry aroma with a lighter amount of funky Belgian yeast, the two aromas come together for a slightly funky tart cherry aroma with some black cherry in the background. Up next comes a nice medium vanilla aroma along with some lighter woody aromas along with a black licorice like aroma. Towards the end the dark roasted malts seems to show up with some roasted, chocolate, and light coffee aromas that seems to show up nicely in the background with the tart cherry aromas taking the lead. This beer had a pretty good aroma, I thought it was very complex and it wasn't overly funky, it sure is different, especially for a stout, but it's good.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by sour and tart cherry that impart a medium tart to flavor which to me is right under the point where it can become almost mouth puckering and there's some nice black cherry flavors in the background along with some slight apple cider vinegar taste, Up next comes some vanilla and woody flavors along with a slight bit of barnyard funk and some dark bread and black licorice. On the finish is where the roasted malts seems to really show up imparting a roasted, chocolate and coffee like flavors that carries on to the aftertaste along with just a little more tartness and a lighter amount of bitterness. This was a pretty good tasting beer, the flavors were nice and true to it's name and I thought it was very complex with a lot of different flavors going on that somehow seem to go well together.

M- Fairly smooth, slightly sticky, a little dry, on the lighter side of being full bodied and it had a lower amount of medium carbonation that worked well with this beer. The mouthfeel was good and it worked well with this beer, I have no complaints.

Overall I thought this was a good beer, and it was a good example of what Brewery Vivant calls a Dark Farmhouse Ale, the flavors were pretty intense but not overwhelming and the flavors seem to work well with each other and it made for one complex beer. This beer had good drinkability, it was fairly smooth, not filling, and the flavors did a great job at holding my attention and keeping me coming back for more, I think I would be happy with a pint can of this, but if I was really in the mood I think I could drink two and I think this would be a great Stout to enjoy in the summer. What I liked the most about this beer was the complexity of the aroma and the flavor it was really nice, and it kept me coming back for more. What I liked the least about this beer was the appearance, it wasn't bad. but the head and lacing could have been a little more appealing. I would buy this beer again when in the mood for something tart, I bought an extra can to throw in the cellar but I know I need to go back and get some more for the warmer weather and some more to throw in the cellar to see how it develops over time, it's slightly pricey at just over $4 dollars a can, but I think it's worth every penny and I would recommend this to anyone who likes tart and slightly funky beers. All in all i was very happy with this beer and a little impressed it was just as good as it was on tap and I think it's just and overall enjoyable beer and it's very unique, it's the first Sour Stout I have actually liked. Till Brewery Vivant came around I wasn't fan of these types of beers, but since then I have developed a big interest for ales that are on the wilder side and I thankthem for helping to plant that seed. Brewery Vivant is really bringing the heat and I can't get enough of the new wilder beers they have been putting out, they are easily becomes my favorite up in coming brewery in Michigan, good job guys, you steady blow my mind with these tart and funky beer's that on paper I shouldn't like, but once I try them I really like them, Brewery Vivant is the only brewery that has had that affect on me. This beer was on accident, but it's a great example of an accident gone right,

4.18/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Appearance of a Stout. Caramel foamy head, rises with moderate speed. Brew is pitch black and thiner.

White grapes, metallic, chocolate, caramel, cherry.

Deep, dark, and roasty, full of sprite. Fresh. Woody, dry, intriguing sweetness, stinging carbonation, intelligent bitterness, grape and cherry, oak, coffee, lots of roasty (not smoked) caramel.

Very much recommended. A hit. Well done complexity. One of the best brews I've had from Brewery Vivant. Thanks abanton for the share!! Not a good summer brew, but would be killer late winter/late fall brew.

4.17/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Thanks to Kevin for sharing one of these. Saves me having to gamble on a four-pack myself... Never know how sour-dark beers are gonna turn out, but I was excited for this one. Pours a dark and deep black color with some shimmering ruby-red peeking through and outlining the glass, only when held directly to the light. The cap is fine-bubbled, tan, and creamy, showing decent retention.

Aroma starts off with a bit roasty malts first and foremost. A mellow combination of tart and sweet outlines the edges of the roast; grapes, cherries, raspberries, apple skins. Despite the undeniable tart fruit notes, the roast never looses its mojo, though it's a softer and mellow type of roast rather than being over-the-top heavy; no real char or smoke here. Some subtle coffee notes, not getting much chocolate - maybe just a very, very small hint of cocoa powder, but I think I'm just stretching for that one. Surprisingly not as complex as I thought it would be. More so just an overlay of some fruity tartness on a body of conservatively roasted malt.

I've got a generic, medium-roast stout in one hand and a generic, tart-but-not-puckering wild ale in my other hand. I can't decide which one to drink first, so I shove both bottlenecks into my mouth and down the gullet they both go, side-by-side, flavors of two completely different monsters just attacking my palate at once. Welcome to Tart Side of the Moon. It's like a half sour / half stout, that isn't really that sour and isn't really that stout-y. Mildly tart cherry and apple skins hit first as the tartness quickly fades into more of a sweetness than anything.

It mellows out with a substantial dryness as the malts catch back up; roasted malts, coffee beans, faint cocoa. The whole thing kind of dies down into a creamy, roasted coffee coating that covers your mouth with an abbreviated cherry sweetness to it. Like using Amaretto flavored cream in your coffee. I also pick up some mild oak flavors in the finish that weren't found anywhere else. Medium bodied, thinner than expected with ample carbonation and a slick, oily mouth feel.

I'm still not too sure how I feel about sour stouts. This one wasn't bad, but it didn't blow my socks off or anything like that. It was good, but I don't know if I'd ever buy a four-pack myself. It's hard to get roasted and sour flavors to play nicely together. This beer was a solid attempt, and has kept my hope alive for advancement in the style, but it's not gonna be the one that swoons me for life. Definitely worth a try, though.

EDIT: 4/1/2013

After having had this a few more times from the can and once more on tap at Vivant, I feel compelled to bump the score up. The beer is still very enigmatic to me, completely explainable at times. Sometimes it's more sour than stout. Sometimes it's more stout than sour. But maybe that's part of the appeal. Whatever it is, something keeps bringing me back, and that's gotta count for something, right? I wonder how these will age.

EDIT: 4/29/2013

Again, every time I have this, I like it more and more. This time on tap at the Twisted Rooster. The roast was a little more subtle, allowing the tart flavors to stand out a bit more. Still never became overwhelming with tartness, though - very well balanced. Is the variation on this beer strong, or is age beginning to work its magic? I guess only some more time will tell. But I have to bump up the score a bit more. I enjoyed this last pint very much. Smell was a bit more damp and musty but the flavor was great.

4.16/5  rDev +6.9%

Not sure where they got the idea to include tart in the name. The idea that this was tart was nearly lost on the name, although you do get the slightest bit of sour/tart in the aftertaste. Nonetheless, it is a solid stout and worth a try.

4.13/5  rDev +6.2%

Poured into tulip glass from 16 oz can.

A: Pours a dark brownish black with 2 finger caramel colored head which fades quickly.

S: Rasberries, cherries, sours fruits.

T: Dark chocolate, cherries, sourness at the end with roasted malts.

M: Medium to heavy bodied. Leaves the mouth wet.

O: This is a completely different beer than what I'm expecting. I think Vivant may have said the same thing too. Its sweet, bitter and sour at the same time. Interesting beer.

4.11/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

$4.79 pint can poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint.

Appearance: Semi-hard pour into the middle of the glass didn't do much. This is just a pitch black beer with some brown/red around the edges. Not much to get excited about. I will say that I really like the label, and the name of the beer is pretty cool as well. (3.5/5)

Smell: Deep, deep roasted malt aroma on this beer straight out of the fridge. Under that is a sour funk aroma that I was looking to dominate the smell. There's also some red grape in there that gives a bit of a red wine vibe. As it warms a bit, some dark chocolate starts to shine through which works really well with the dark fruit/red grape smell. (4.25/5)

Taste/feel: My first impression is that this is that this is what I thought Tart of Darkness by The Bruery would taste like. This has a significant roasted/almost charred malt flavor first and foremost, followed by sour grape accents that I also got in the smell. Near the end it has a wine barrel sort of taste with a little tartness too. The body of this beer is about medium, and there's a moderately high carbonation to bring out some even more flavor. The ABV of this is 9.8%, and it's hidden insanely well. There's absolutely no alcohol on the nose or in the taste, and there isn't any warmth either. There's that inkling that it's at least 7%, but 10%? Phew. (4/5, 4.25/5)

While I wanted some actual roast notes in Tart of Darkness, I want some more tartness out of Tart Side of the Moon. It has more tartness than Tart of Darkness does roast (marginally), but a little more would be perfect. The price may seem high to some, but it's a 16oz can, and it's a pretty unique sour stout combination. The can recommends a charred steak with bleu cheese among other things as pairables, and I think a charred steak with some bleu would be incredible with this brew.

(4.25/5)

4.1/5  rDev +5.4%

Seems more like a Belgian Stout than a wild ale to me, and it's a very good Belgian Stout at that. Has nice body for the style. A pretty strong, desirable cherry taste comes through, but I'm not getting much tartness. Hides the ABV very well. Strong effort, well worth the purchase.

4.09/5  rDev +5.1%

Can poured into a Chimay goblet.

A- Oh so dark. I don't know why I didn't figure on near pitch body based on the name. Somehow I'm reminded of soy sauce, brown head forms at 1/2 finger and quickly drops to the lightest film. Good stick.

S- Really unassuming at first. Dark bread, some licorice, maybe a hint of light smoke? Very light, tart fruit in beginning. Maybe a little chocolate. Warmth brings things forward. A little wine-like with some vinegar qualities. A little more chocolate. Actually, downright robust by the end.

T- Rich star is bready with a little chocolate. Very tart finish, mix of tart cherries and under-ripe berries. Hint of vinegar. A little woody.

M- Lots of carbonation at first. Sticky sweetness in a lingering finish. Quite full bodied.

O- It's good. It's pricy. Maybe a little more pricy than great. Nearly 10% ABV (9.8 I believe) doesn't present itself in a negative flavor or feel, but it sure catches up with a guy on an empty stomach.

Tart Side Of The Moon from Brewery Vivant