Ringneck Redneck Nitro Porter - The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

Ringneck Redneck Nitro Porter
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: n/a
The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works visit their website
Ohio, United States

American Porter |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Ricochet on 07-25-2004

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
3.96/5  rDev n/a

Up until this beer, I hadn't found anything close to Cumberland's nitro porters. I love porters, but the extra creaminess put in by nitro gives it that punch that I fell in love with. Now, I have something at home to love too.

Appearence is exceptional. Nitro gives porter a good head and a delayed nitro fizziness that seems like cream floating up in the glass. When it settles, the coffee and chocolate scents announce something special. When I saw this I knew it was going to be good and taste? Full taste, slight choc/coff flavors and no alcohol flavor, it's buried in the taste of the beer.

It's average when the fizz goes away and seems a little watery and the only thing missing over the Cumberland 's porter is the aftertaste did not last and it seemed to miss a note inside the flavor.

Addendum: I had to amend this review. When I went back a week later, it wasn't the same Porter I'd tasted, and was more like the other Ringneck beers. I hate to give a beer such a good rating only to have it change the next week. Every time I have Cumberland's Nitro, it's the same as the last time. This is still a good porter but not as good as my fave nitro.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ringneck Redneck Nitro Porter from The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.