Ringneck Schwartzbier Black Lager - The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

Ringneck Schwartzbier Black Lager
No picture uploaded.

The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works visit their website
Ohio, United States

Schwarzbier |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: AltBock on 10-10-2005)
Reviews by 5thOhio:
3.85/5  rDev +12.6%

Purchased a 22 oz bottle at the Brewkettle.

Poured deep ruby/amber with about a quarter inch head which dissipated rather quickly. Slight lacing. Not much aroma, mostly malty. Medium mouthfeel with more carbonation than I expected. Fairly simple palate, flavor of roasted malt (& something else I can’t quite put my tongue on) with lingering bitterness. If you like dark beers it's a nice change from porters & stouts. Low ABV & good price makes this easy to drink more than one.

5thOhio, Sep 22, 2007

22oz. bomber bottle that I got at the Brew Kettle at a little over $3.

It poured a dark brownish color with plenty of ruby hightlights all through out the pint glass. Not Black at all! Their was very little foam and that even dissipated quicky leaving very little lace. I got a nice head of foam when I shook up the remaining beer in the bottle. I shouldn't have to do that to get a head of foam on my beer.

The only thing I could smell was bready malts. Not much of a complex smell. I thought that if I swirl around in the glass I could get more of an aroma, but still nothing but bready malts.

The taste was the same as the mouthfeel: very little malts, watery, thin and with a slight hoppy aftertaste. It tasted like a mass produced bock or any german lager. I thought that when it warmed up, more flavors would emerge. Still the same taste.

Maybe this better on-tap at the Brew Kettle than the bottle I got from them or maybe I just got a bad bottle from them. But I highly doubt it. Too me, it was just an average beer at a good price.

AltBock, Oct 10, 2005
Ringneck Schwartzbier Black Lager from The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.