Riedenburger Bräuhaus Pils - Riedenburger Brauhaus

Riedenburger Bräuhaus PilsRiedenburger Bräuhaus Pils

Riedenburger Brauhaus visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-03-2003)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
MattRiggs

Germany

2.63/5  rDev -10.2%

A: looks like a pils should. The head's a bit thin.

S: kind of a unique aroma for a German Pils. I'm not sure what it is, but at first I got a bit of dark fruit... which wasn't expected. As the beer sat in the glass, some of the dark fruit aroma faded. Not sure what they're using for aroma hops, but it is unique. Not exactly what I'm looking for in a pils, but not bad either.

T: Very little bitterness, a bit too little for my liking. The pils malt sweetness isn't very sharp. It tends to linger on the palate.

M: Light, but considering the 4.7 ABV listed, that's to be expected

O: This beer reminds me more of an export. I just read on the bottle that it's unfiltered. I don't see any sign of yeast in the glass, so there isn't much yeast in there. The lack of filtration may explain the lack of sharpness. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of filtration, but I've never had an unfiltered pils that I really liked. This beer reinforces my stance on that.

04-29-2014 19:28:39 | More by MattRiggs
Phyl21ca

Quebec (Canada)

Bottle: Poured a light golden color pils with a large foamy head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma of grassy hops and lightly sweet malt is average at best. Taste is dominated by grassy notes which overwhelmed the rest of the characteristics. Body is about average with good carbonation. Not bad overall but just too much of this grassy feeling.

09-19-2009 03:04:09 | More by Phyl21ca
PatandDavid

3.15/5  rDev +7.5%

This is an organic beer. Pour was light golden, topped with a frothy pure white head, that was also rather fluffy. I detected a faint, clean grassy aroma. The mouthfeel was medium, and rather prickly. I thought the beer had a light bready taste, with some sweetness in the finish, followed by some grassy hop notes.

03-02-2004 03:30:08 | More by PatandDavid
Riedenburger Bräuhaus Pils from Riedenburger Brauhaus
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.