Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Citra Melon - Paw Paw Brewing Company

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

3.62/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.85/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.62/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev +0.3%

3.4/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.69/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +0.3%

16 FL. OZ. can
Served in an IPA glass

This beer pours a pale shade of yellow and is topped with an inch of white head the leaves some decent lacing.

The aroma has a citrus aroma complimented by honeydew melon.

The first few drinks were full of citra hops with its tropical and citrus flavors. Then I started noticing a little melon flavor. It goes very well with the citra. The finish is bitter grapefruit.

Medium mouthfeel

I really enjoyed this beer. The name sucked me in, and the taste sold me on this beer. I really like the flavor and smell of this beer. I will definitely be looking for this beer again.

3.76/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

16oz can from LambicPentameter (thanks!). No apparent canning date. Served in a Terrapin goblet.

Pours a dull, pale yellow with almost two fingers of white head. A wide island across the surface and healthy collar collar remain, leaving copious lace.

As promised, citrus and melon abound in the nose. A delightful mix of oranges and honeydew with a slight crackery background.

The taste unfortunately lacks the vibrancy of the aroma but still delivers some nice tropical hop character. Orange pulp, melon rind and a bit of cracker. Quite easy drinking with soft but pleasant fruity hop flavor.

Rather thin feel with moderate carbonation. Softly bitter finish with citrus peel, melon rind and subtle malt.

Citra Melon is on the right track but still seems a tad weak/ thin even for the style. While I could drink this all night I would rather try this uniquely tasty hop combination in a more assertive format.

3.43/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

3.43/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I picked up a bottle of Paw Paw Brewing's Citra Melon last week for $1.69 at The Lager Mill. I haven't any beers from this brewery before and I'm interested to see what they are all about, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks good, it goes good with the name and it's a little eye catching. It poured a muddy orange brown color that takes on more of a muddy orange color when held to the light with a little over a fingers worth of bubbly off white that died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it left a little bit of spotty lacing behind. This isn't a great looking beer, the color is a turn off.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the hops being the first to show up and they impart some nice fruity aromas with a noticeable melon like aroma that's similar to honey dew with the citra hops impart some nice citrus and tropical fruit aromas in the background with just a little bit of green hops. Up next come some doughy yeast that's followed by the malts which impart some, grainy, cereal malts, bready and toasted malts with the cereal malts sticking out the most. This beer has a good aroma, I like the hop profile and the melon like aspects.

T- The taste is a little similar to the aroma, but it's a lighter and it starts off with a lighter amount of medium sweetness with the hops being the first to show up and they impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma, but they are much lighter with the melon hops still sticking out the most. Up next comes some doughy yeast followed by the malts which impart the same aspects that they did in aroma and they show up the same amount. On the finish it's a little watery with a lower amount of medium bitterness with a slightly hoppy aftertaste with some cereal malts also showing up. This is a decent tasting beer, but I wish the hops showed up more without a watery finish.

M- Smooth, a little clean, crisp, a little watery, on the very light side of being medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel us nice, but I wish it didn't feel a little watery.

Overall I thought this was a decent beer and it was pretty close to be average for the style, the aroma was for sure going in the right direction, but when I got to the taste it just seemed to lack the brightness that the aroma had and that left me wanting more. This beer had ok drinkability, one is my limit, anymore than that and I might start to get bored with it. What I like the most about this beer is the aroma, it was good and it was the highlight of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, it was just a little lighter than it should be and I wish it was more like the aroma. I don't know if I would buy a bottle again, but I would try it on tap to see if it's any different. I can't say I would recommend it, but if you are curious about melon hops it might be worth a try. All in all I didn't hate this beer, but it just seemed liked it fell right in the middle and to me it tasted much more like an average Pale Ale. IT made for an ok first impression for this brewery and it's right around average for style. I appreciate the effort, but I think with a little more work this could be a pretty good beer.

3.58/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

3.67/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.27/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A- Cloudy with a nice white-two finger head

S-Awesome, definitely getting the citra hops but u would swear there is actual fruit in this one. Big time Mellon.

T-Doesn't disappoint from the smell. Citra for sure and the Mellon is just enough for me where it doesn't taste overpowering. If you like the tropical/citrusy hops used in a lot of ipas today then check this one out.

M- appropriate to style. These go down very easy. Refreshing beer for summertime.

O- Great beer. Not for everyone but I'm always up to try new hops. I could see this beer hittin the spot for hopheads, fans of fruit beers, and people that just want an easy drinking beer. Possibly a love it or hate it, but I really enjoyed it.

2.5/5  rDev -33.2%

Citra Melon from Paw Paw Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.