Blur - Circle Brewing Company

good

Circle Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: wagenvolks on 02-06-2011)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by ExaltedNecrosis:

ExaltedNecrosis, Dec 28, 2013

Tiernan, Sep 04, 2013

This is by far my favorite beer ever. Hefeweizen is the bane of my beer-drinking existence. Finding one brewed locally that is as delicious as Blur is has been a blessing. I have to hunt it down here in San Antonio but it is worth the stalking. I am by far not a beer snob but I am very, very picky. Blur is delicious.

hsexynurse, Feb 05, 2013

Heretic42, May 09, 2014

cgrunin, Sep 14, 2013
2.17/5  rDev -39.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours with a lot of chunky yeast floating around. A pale yellow color with no head or lace. Looks unattractive.
S: Big banana ester, and some spice in the nose. That is it.
T: Again, huge on the banana flavors. Like a banana cream. Very sweet. That is it.
M/D: A light body with very low carbonation. Almost under carbonated. Just kind of lifeless. An unattractive and thin beer makes this hard to drink.

I did not enjoy this. There is not much going on, and it just seems like a rushed product. I love supporting the local guys, but there are a ton of other good breweries in Texas that I will go to before this. Hopefully they can try and clean this mess up.

champ103, Feb 07, 2011

n00blar, Sep 29, 2012

bbadger, Jan 19, 2013
3.39/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

"Blur (Texas Hefe)" served on-draught into a pilsner glass at Stubbs BBQ here in Austin, Texas. Cost was $5.00 USD. Reviewed from notes taken a few weeks ago.

A: No bubble show.

Pours a 1.5 finger wide head of light khaki colour. Complexion is soft. Head retention is above average - about 3-4 minutes. Has decent lacing.

Body colour is a hazy orange-copper. Nontransparent. Translucent. No yeast particles are visible.

Pretty standard fare for a hefeweizen across the board.

Sm: Wheat, clove, floral hops, and clove honey. A clean and fresh aroma. Not getting as much depth or complexity as I'd like from the yeast notes. Pleasant. Mild in strength.

No alcohol is detectable.

T: Wheat, clove, orange peel, and light floral hop character. Some cream. Good balance and build, but it lacks the complexity and subtlety that the great hefeweizens possess. Flavour duration is average. Good intensity of flavour. Pretty good depth of flavour as well. I like it, but the yeast character is a bit lacking.

No alcohol comes through.

Mf: Smooth and wet. Good body. Good thickness. Good carbonation. Complements the flavour profile well. A well executed texture.

Not oily, harsh, biting, rough, scratchy, or hot.

Dr: Very drinkable and enjoyable. I'd get it again. A solid American hefeweizen, but it's not without its flaws. Worth trying for any fan of the style.

B-

kojevergas, Sep 14, 2013

Jame515, Sep 12, 2013

TexAggie011, Jan 11, 2012
2.4/5  rDev -33.5%

Maybe it's just me, but when I first tasted this beer, I immediately thought it was very similar to Blue Moon? My mind may be playing havocs on me, but I just couldn't get over the fact that I kept comparing it to Blue Moon.

The appearance does look appetizing, but there wasn't much of a head, so it did appear to be flat.

The smell is strong for a hefeweizen. Is that good thing, yes, but it only works if it tastes just as good!

Like I said, the taste seems too bland because it quite doesn't stand out from the hefeweizen crowd for me. I'm torn between whether this is too fruity with too much of banana/orange notes to it or it's just missing something else...

The beer did feel flat in my mouth, so I'm not sure if there should have been a bit more of carbonation to make it slightly more lively?

I'll revisit this review again, because I definitely want to give this beer another chance. This current review reflects my first impression of the beer.

2xHops, Aug 02, 2011