Galaxy White IPA - Anchorage Brewing Company

Galaxy White IPAGalaxy White IPA

Anchorage Brewing Company visit their website
Alaska, United States

Belgian IPA |  7.00% ABV

White IPA brewed w/ 100% Galaxy hops, kumquats, corriander & peppercorns. Fermented in French Oak Foudres. Bottle Conditioned w/ Brett.

(Beer added by: Jason on 01-09-2012)

4.09/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

750mL corked and caged bottle poured into Dogfish Head goblet. Batch #6, April 2014.

A - Pours a fizzy, lite beer yellow, with some serious haze. About a finger of bright white head lasts for a very long time. A blanket of white lacing paints the glass as I drink. Looks like I would hope a Bretty-IPA would look.

S - Tart, peppery aroma full of sour fruits, bubblegum, and a touch of funk. Lacks the candy sweetness typical of the Belgian IPA style. I consider this a good thing. Complex and inviting.

T - Starts with lemon tartness, quickly replaced by a belgian spice billing. Nice dry, piney hops on the back end. The finish is full of citrus. Tart, but lacks the funk I picked up in the nose.

M - Prickly carbonation with a fantastic dry finish. Drinks true to its mid-range ABV.

O - This is the first time I have seen this (or any Anchorage beer) in Delaware. Hoppy Belgian beers are typically among my favorites so I had high hopes for this one. I couldn't have asked for more in the aroma. It is a complexity of brett, citrus, hops, and spices. The flavors followed suit, but I would have liked a little more. There are no flavors out of place, but the flavor came off a bit diluted, the more I drank. A great beer, but I was looking for something with more flavor. Still among the best int he style I have ever had. Well done, but I won't be running back to the store to get another $11 bomber.

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%