Triple Voodoo Inception Belgian Style Ale - Triple Voodoo Brewing

Triple Voodoo Inception Belgian Style AleTriple Voodoo Inception Belgian Style Ale

Triple Voodoo Brewing visit their website

Tripel |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: benclimbs on 03-24-2011

On tap at a Rogue Brewery bar in SF. I'm a confused tourist so I assumed this beer had cherries in it, but no.

Appearance: The color was orange with a white head.

Smell: The usual Belgian esters and phenols, love it.

Taste: Belgian yeast flavors and prominent bitterness. Hard to place the hop varieties. Some rough malt presence budging its way through. "Where are the cherries? Why are my pants wet?"

Mouthfeel: Just on the side of light bodied.

Overall: A plesant, well made Belgian in a sea of hop bombs.

3.4/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Bottle without any date, received in the Poker BIF-

Appearance- After a huge hiss when I cracked the cap, it poured a clear, orange-yellow, fairly bright, with a massive, rocky head. Left some nice lacing around the glass, and the head stuck around for quite a while

Smell- Belgian yeast and lemon up front, but a very sweet lemon, which combines with a bready note to almost smell like one of those frosted lemon cookies. It doesn't smell bad, but the two make a strange combo

Taste- Huge Belgian candy sweetness up front. The sweet lemon isn't a prevalent in the taste as it is in the nose, but the yeast esters are there. Finishes with a slightly harsh alcohol bite, which is surprising because it's only 8%.

Mouthfeel- Soft and fluffy carbonation, medium body, finishes sticky and very sweet

Overall- It's not the greatest, and to be honest, there aren't really any reasons to drink this when there are other Belgian-style or true Belgian offerings of much higher quality around on shelves everywhere

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

A - Slight haze. Carmel orange color.

S - Bananas. Citrus. Candied sugars.

T - Bananas. Sharp hop bitter. Orange zest. Bubble gum. Sweet candied sugar.

M - Sharp. Good bitterness.

O - An amazing take on a Belgian. A classic and clean Belgian style with a west coast hop profile. A beautiful marriage. Will definitely be drinking again.

3.96/5  rDev +8.2%

Got this on tap at Toronado. I've had it at the Rogue Public House in SF a while ago about a week after they made their "Debut", but i don't remember it too well (aside from the fact that I thought it was a pretty alright triple).

It pours a nice golden amber color. It's not quite as light a normal triple, but it had a tinge of amber to it that makes it quite a good color. The head was quite thick when it was poured but by the time I'd walked away from the bar the head had dissipated.

I tried and tried and I couldn't get a good smell from it. Got almost nothing. Perhaps my fault. Perhaps the overwhelming stale beer smell of Toronado.

This is the fruitiest triple I've ever had. It's like fruit salad in a beer, but in a good way. There is a tinge of spiciness that reminds me a lot of peach cobbler. There no alcohol to be found and I could drink tons of this at once. This beer is a touch thick with little carbonation. Again, making it easy to drink lots of.

Overall this is a pretty damned good triple. If this were offered in a reasonably priced six pack I would buy lots of it. However, I feel that it couldn't be bottled in a normal 750 ml bottle because the flavor just isn't complex enough to warrant taht.

I became a HUGE Belgian beer fan after my first sip of the Triple Voodoo Inception. I purchased the beer at first because of the great logo and then enjoyed the 22 oz bottle for it's smell, taste and color. I also enjoyed the higher alcohol level!!! I went back to Whole Food's to stock up and bought them out. I cannot recommend the Triple Voodoo Inception enough. Enjoy! Cheers!

Triple Voodoo Inception Belgian Style Ale from Triple Voodoo Brewing