Turbo Hog - New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House

Indiana, United States

American Malt Liquor |  9.50% ABV

Beer added by: TwelveOunces on 08-25-2012

3.62/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served at the brewhouse in a pint glass
This beer had 85 IBU's if I remember correctly
This is my first malt liquor outside of the big brand ones.

This beer pours clear dark amber with a slight off white head. Some alcohol legs on the glass. The nose of this beer is fairly malty but has a nice hop aroma. A little bit of citrus and astringency. I was expecting this to me more along the lines of a DIPA. The taste of the beer was really malty. It had a lot of toffee flavors, some caramel. It also had a malt flavor that I seem to get in some of my home brews which was less then pleasant. This is a big chewy beer. Not as thick as some barleywines or stouts but quite a monster and I glad I only go 8 oz of it. The big feel of the beer did a good job disguising the alcohol taste and feel.
Overall this was good enough to try, makes it easy to see why malt liquor isn't popular among craft beer.

Turbo Hog from New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.