Follow our progress ...

Added by Jsteez on 11-17-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by Jsteez:
3.42/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a pint can into a glass jar beer glass. Best by date: 4/2014

A-Black with some ever so slight ruby red highlights. It poured a creamy tan 2 finger head that didn't last for too long, but it disappeared into a creamy surface along the top. It left nice sticky lace on the glass. I liked the look of this beer!

S- All I could smell was malt and perhaps some slight chocolate notes, but not too much. After the initial pour I smelled a little metallic smell, but it went away within a couple of minutes.

T-Going in was malty sweet and mild with light coffee, grainy with some dark bready character. The aftertaste was dry, slightly bittersweet, with mild semi-sweet chocolate notes, and black licorice. I enjoyed the black licorice flavor. Perhaps the initial taste had slight sweet caramel notes and even some dark fruit flavors, but not too much.

M-Medium bodied and fairly balanced. Somewhat chewy. Carbonation was on the moderate side. It is lighter and sessionable.

Overall, it was a decent beer, but I have had better schwarzbiers. I think it would taste good with dark breads, kraut, and liverwurst. It seemed like it stayed pretty true to the original schwarzbier style, although the bitterness from the hops may have been too much. I like my schwarzbiers a little more balanced, or bittersweet.

3/5  rDev n/a

Wurenbacher from Homburger Brauhaus
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.