Red October - Red Ear Brewing Company

American Amber / Red Ale |  6.90% ABV

Beer added by: deadonhisfeet on 06-19-2011

Reviews by deadonhisfeet:
3.36/5  rDev n/a

The beer was burnt amber in color and very, very cloudy (perhaps I got one of the first growlers pulled from the keg or something). It had good carbonation and a nice creamy head that quickly dissated (my fault - in my haste to pour myself a brew I clumsily smacked the side of my growler with my pint glass, thereby chasing away some of the precious gas). Nose offered raisins and cookie dough.

This is a nice, refreshing, easy-drinking brew. You get a slight taste of toasted malt and honey, then at mid-palate the flavors develop from slightly sweet to mildly tangy. The hops are in attendance, but they sit quietly in the back. Don't get me wrong, I love punchy beers, but sometimes it's nice to enjoy something a little milder. This is mild and easy-to-drink without being bland. It didn't exactly rock my world, but it wasn't bad at all.

Hop-heads probably won't like this beer. Snobs who brag about how much KBS they've had or who have reviewed every batch of Dark Lord produced since 2005 probably won't like it. Personally, I enjoyed it and I'm glad I could try (and enjoy) something brewed so close to my house.

Red October from Red Ear Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.