Surette Provision Saison - Crooked Stave Brewery & Taproom

Crooked Stave Brewery & Taproom visit their website
Colorado, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: chugalug06 on 02-16-2013

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Surette Provision Saison Alström Bros

Bright, citrusy and very tart saison. One of the best examples I've tried. Picked up a bunch of Crooked Stave when my liquor store began stocking it and, despite the steep price tag, have to say I'm glad I did.

4.97/5  rDev +18.6%

4.87/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.85/5  rDev +15.8%

Reviewed with Three Lions from a 375ml,
Look: To Borrow from a Guinness add Brilliant!! Super bright white head! Lemon/citrus color. Lots of yummy yummy floating viscous debris. Wow just wow is all I can really say!
Smell: Peppers plural black, white etc. lemon, ginger, coriander etc. so much going on here it's overwhelm my nose. I'm Not complaining though it works. I'm missing a lot here in description but wow!
Taste: Ok so I said to Three Lions one tenth of the smell in the taste makes this beer stupendous. It's so much more than that though. My second Crooked Stave and I have to say the taste matches the hype. I know the college dissertation was on Brett but come on how do you figure out how to balance something wild so well. Lemon/yup, pepper/definitely, multiple other fruits (stone, earth, citrus) absofreekinlutely, plus plus plus!!!
Feel: I'm not a woman but I now know what multiples at once feel like!! Carbonation perfect, smooth with bite, sour with sweet!!! God damn it why isn't this sold in Ma.
Overall: Well I'm leaving what I said above to say it all and a little Dazed and Confused reference Alright Aalright, Aaaalllright!!!

4.8/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from the bottle labeled 2014/Batch 11, into a beer snifter.

Pours a pale straw color with a white, fizzy head that dissipates quickly. Smells of brettanomyces, lacto, pale malts. tastes nice and sour/tart for a saison, but in an awesome way. Great flavor from start to finish. Pleasant sourness throughout the experience. Mouthfeel is slightly prickly, as saisons tend to be with a smooth finish. Awesome experience overall with this brew. Would definitely seek out again.

4.77/5  rDev +13.8%

375ml bottle split with Hab11.

Appearance: super creamy orange amazingness. Cloudy on a good way with really active tiny bubbles like champagne. Minimal lacing/legs. After a few minutes of settling and swirling the lacing is quite impressive.

Aroma: hot damn! I'm going to be hard pressed to not drink this in one giant gulp. My word. Lactic acid, sour fermented fruit, tropical salty sour dream. Stone fruit galore. Apricot, peaches, citric acid, lactic acid oh my! I can't say enough about the nose and can't wait to try this.

Taste: Yeah well... okay...just go out and buy all of these that you can find, then mail them to me. K thanks. Mouth follows the nose. Tons of lactic and citric acid, tons of orange, tangerine, berry, candy perfection. Barrel notes, although overshadowed are there to balance out the onslaught of epic flavor. Borderline divine beer. So good. So worth the price. So worth the drive I'm going to take on Wednesday to get as many as I can get my hands on. Actually everyone please don't buy any and leave them all for me. End of review.

Surette Provision Saison from Crooked Stave Brewery & Taproom