Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier - Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan

Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 01-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Alström Bros

4.62/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Ok America, just stop trying to brew hefeweizens because you will not be able to touch this one. I am an IPA person myself and I saw the great reviews for this beer and it lived up to every expectation of its hype.

It will definitely be a summertime favorite for me, as it is unmatched by any other hefeweizen. The taste and feel of this beer is superb. You do not get too much wheat from this beer, the flavors are surprisingly complex and balanced at the same time.

Highly recommend, if you like wheat/hefeweizen beer this is exactly what you need.

4.25/5  rDev -3.6%

4.71/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

My first review! Fairly new to the craft beer scene/geekery but have experienced quite a few microbrews over the past 10 years. I've been cruising beeradvocate for the last month or so and I love this site. Today I picked up a bomber of Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier on recommendation from the forums, so let's see what happens...

A - Poured slightly chilled out of a bomber into pint glass, swirled to incorporate sediment goodness. Two fingers of head recedes into a persistent, thin sheet after a minute. Looks very enticing.

S - Smells of banana, cloves and other spices, and a wheaty maltiness. Smells nice and sweet, I like it! Almost picking up a faint bubblegum note?

T/M - Taste general follows the nose it seems - starts with a nice wheaty crispness follow by the spicy banana notes, then ends with more crisp wheat. Finish seems to go on and on with all the flavors noted above, and makes me want to keep drinking and stop typing this review. Medium/light mouthfeel, nice and dry to my pleasant surprise, due to the sweet smell.

O - It's no wonder this beer is rated so highly, It's one of the best beers I have ever had, and definitely the best hefe I've had. It's a stark difference from the last hefe I had, which I think was a Widmer almost a year ago - it's just no comparison, they are two totally different beasts. The Weihenstephaner was a flavor bomb and now I wish I had another to drink!

1.25/5  rDev -71.7%