Join our email list →

Sweden | website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale | 6.00% ABV

Beer added by: Evil_Pidde on 11-10-2013

2.38/5  rDev -8.8%

Corked and caged 375ml bottle with unfortunately no bottled or best before date. Poured into a Duvel tulip glass.

A: The beer poured a very hazy burnt orange colour with quite a bit of yeast sediment with a half finger white head. Normally I’m ok with sediment but for some reason, this time it didn’t look too good.
S: Given its appearance, its aromas became more important to me in determining whether something was wrong. But actually it smelled quite good. A strong whiff of citrus sour lemon mixed with some barnyard brett.
T: However its taste left something to be desired as it was mainly acidic sour citrus lime, lemon, orange and bitter pine. It started out ok but the aftertaste was not.
M: Thin to medium bodied, but well carbonated almost like soda water. Also left a dry finish.
O: I normally enjoy saisons, but I just did not get this at all. I wish there was at least a bottled or best before date on the bottle to indicate its freshness, but there was none. I also saw no indication of anything wrong with it and its aroma seemed fine, so I can only say that tastewise this particular brew from Omnipollo was just not for me.

Bacchanale from Omnipollo
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.