Theory And Practice - DC Brau Brewing Co.

Theory And Practice

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

3.83/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: pours copper, and fairly clear for color. Head remained at edges, but dissipated from middle, fair amount of lacing

S: little bit of dark fruit, sweet bready malt, light herbal hops, maybe

T: starts light on the tongue, then gains some light brown sugar sweetness. This is countered by a light woody bitterness about the same time I note some fig-like notes. Also coming in is a taste like weaker sweetened coffee with cream. All of these tastes are light, none overpowering the taste.

M: the woodiness turns a bit resinous near the end, to me the first hints of IPA that I don't really get from the taste.

O: a more mellow and balanced beer than I recall from other DC Brau beers. The bitterness is the undertone that rises from a mildly sweet start. My initial thoughts were that this seemed more like what I've tasted in saisons, but the maltiness reminds me a bit of a Belgian strong. Either way, it just didn't seem quite my expectations of the style.

Theory And Practice from DC Brau Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.