The Public Ale - DC Brau Brewing Co.

The Public AleThe Public Ale

DC Brau Brewing Co. visit their website
District of Columbia, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: drabmuh on 04-15-2011

The Public Pale Ale is brewed in the classic American Pale Ale style. Assertive bitterness backed by C-60 and Vienna malts which lend notes of rich, yet semi-dry caramel. Then followed up with a nice white grapefruit and citrus aroma that begs for a follow up sip.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 682 | Reviews: 154

4.5/5  rDev +16.3%

3.87/5  rDev 0%

My first beer from DC Brau, I was quite happy with. Poured a hazy yellow and the smell was all hops. Very good hops though. I was worried for a bit that the taste would be a little overpowering for a Pale Ale. I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted and found a great beer with a lot of flavor from both the malt and the hops and a clean finish. Thought this was a great beer which I can even bring to the beach since it comes primarily in cans.

4.22/5  rDev +9%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Cloudy copper color. Finger and a half of head that is fading. There's a lot of particulates floating around in this one, and while that doesn't really bother me overall its not too appealing. Beautiful lacing on the glass.
S: Immediate piney hop presence with some caramel sweetness and biscuity malts.
T: Very pleasant on my palate. Piney and earthy hop presence up front blended with the caramel malt. A bit of citrus or grapefruit bitterness on the back end. Really enjoying this one.
MF: Super easy drinking. Awesomely balanced with a nice crisp, dry finish that sends me straight back to the glass for another swig.
O: This is a great beer. DC Brau continues to impress me whenever I get my hands on their stuff. This is definitely right where I like my pale ales. In the same crowd as Dale's and Sierra Nevada for me.

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
The Public Ale from DC Brau Brewing Co.