1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

On The Wings Of Armageddon - DC Brau Brewing Co.

On The Wings Of ArmageddonOn The Wings Of Armageddon

DC Brau Brewing Co. visit their website
District of Columbia, United States

OTWOA is a single hop beer utilizing Falconers Flight. Brewed with just enough Pale malt, Cara-60, CaraPils and Malted wheat to carry the intense hop character onto the pallet.

At first glance, it has an orange hue in the glass with a viscus, rocky head that refuses to dissipate. Upon first sniff there are dominate aromas of citrus, white grapes and grapefruit with light bread and biscut notes. After the first sip we taste a mellow bitterness that only grows as more is consumed. Moderately carbonated, deceptively smooth, refreshingly dry and extremely heady for a beer at 9.2% ABV.

OTWOA exhibits all the necessary traits to be revered as a world class Imperial IPA.

(Beer added by: russwbeck on 02-17-2012)
Ratings: 897 | Reviews: 163 | Show All Ratings:

04-17-2014 18:27:44 | More by dnb128
mjstacker

New Hampshire

4.26/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Just got a 6-pack shipped in from DC, dated 4/11... so it's 5 days old. Lot's of lacing from a somewhat minimal head, deep copper color. Darker then I expected based on the description. Nose is weak, for 5 days old I would hope for more fruit, not getting much of anything. Super smooth, almost too malty but just within my tolerance. Tastes fantastic for the ABV, can't put a finger on what it reminds me of but it's damn good regardless. I was sad to trade Bissell Brothers to get this but after having two, i'm glad i got the shipment. Solid DIPA, i'd totally trade to get again.

Serving type: can

Lunch

Maryland

2.91/5  rDev -33.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

This beer is very similar to Michael Crabtree…mediocre.

I have a code that I live by. This code is centered on doing whatever is fucking possible to avoid painfully awkward social situations. Give me a comfort height, elongated toilet and a charged smartphone after a day of eating Filet-o-Fishes followed by chasing that shit with Mexico’s finest tap water and I’ll take that situation almost every fucking time over nearly every social situation.

Occasionally I am unable to live by my code and what ensues is truly fucking awful. This beer very much reminds me of one of those situations. My wife drags me (picture a toddler being dragged from their mother’s luxury crossover as that child is kicking and screaming…well there is not much kicking or screaming, but there is some…and add in a healthy dose of profanity and insults that my wife does not find quite as amusing as I do) to this social outing and I am hating myself for agreeing to entertain the idea of going, let alone actually going.

A key feature of my code surrounds positioning myself both physically and mentally. Never get boxed in. Always know where alcohol is being served. Always know where the bathroom is as it is a great hiding spot. Bring your phone charger and know where a fucking power outlet is. Avoid valet parking your goddamn car as you need easy access to get the fuck out of there. The key to mental positioning is claiming not to speak the language. Mind you that this shit is taking place in America and I know that this is a touchy subject in certain areas of this country, but the fact remains that English is the predominant language in this country. This makes my tactic challenging to say the least. My wife knows that when I say to her before every social outing to tell people there that I do not speak English…that I am dead fucking serious. She must not love me enough as she has never agreed to do this.

This brings us to mediocrity. I am stuck standing here being forced to listen to this woman talk about how fucking remarkable her goddamn child is. I forgot this bitch’s name before she even introduced herself to me. Little does she know that as she is blathering on about her shitty kid and how he did some unremarkable shit, I am writing a goddamn haiku about her in my mind. For this poem I am incorporating my estimate regarding how many weight watchers points she went over today, how incredible my fake Christian Mingle profile for her is going look, and what fucking sperm bank serviced this bitch. Then the bitch starts telling this winning story about how her fucking kid told her an “absolutely adorable story about bubbles!” Bubbles? Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Who gives a fuck? I have not heard about bubbles let alone talked about that shit for a least a fucking decade and I don’t feel that my life is lacking in that department. Her fucking kid is just as shitty as any other shitty kid just like this DIPA is just as shitty as any average DIPA on the market. Too malty. Too earthy. Too heavy. This beer is not bad, but I’m never going to seek it out as it is just too…mediocre.

Serving type: can

04-08-2014 02:50:19 | More by pest
Saudereth

4.75/5  rDev +9.2%

04-07-2014 21:12:54 | More by Saudereth
On The Wings Of Armageddon from DC Brau Brewing Co.