Augusta Ale Extra Hoppy (AAXH) - Kensington Brewing Company

Augusta Ale Extra Hoppy (AAXH)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Kensington Brewing Company visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: kwjd on 04-17-2011

Since we really, really like hops, we decided to take our flagship Augusta Ale and dry hop the bejesus out of it. In regular terms, that means we added american hops right to the final serving vessel to guarantee a blast of citrus aroma. We serve this cask ale at a slightly warmer temperature than our standard Augusta, which really complements its nutty and grassy body. The dry hops up the aroma level appropriately, and you're left with a delicious and highly sessionable pale ale.

4.15/5  rDev n/a

I had this on cask at Burger Bar. I'm adding this as an APA because it is a variation on their regular APA. This is certainly on the verge of being an IPA though. Pours a hazy orange colour with thick white head. Really nice head retention. Smells of fresh citrus hops with a hint of pine. Flavour has a nice malt balance that I wasn't picking up as much in the nose. Very smooth mouthfeel. I had this right after the Augusta Ale and preferred this. (449 characters)

Augusta Ale Extra Hoppy (AAXH) from Kensington Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.