Threadless IPA - Finch's Beer Co.

Threadless IPAThreadless IPA

good

Finch's Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

Beer added by: emerge077 on 06-22-2011

Our Threadless/Finch collaboration IPA is a balanced experience of both perceived hoppiness and true bitterness. It pours a darker amber color and finishes with a citrus flavor, and when combined, will require this to be the last IPA you ever drink! Well, maybe, we realize you will probably drink more, but the result of this recipe clearly evolves into a very balanced IPA. The grain bill on this big pale includes melanoidin and Victory malts. We hop it up before the boil starts with some Columbus first wort hopping, then add a bunch more for bittering.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Threadless IPA Alström Bros

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

4.06/5  rDev +14%

16oz Tallboy can

A) Pours with a big head. Settles slowly. Copper colored, hazy body.
S) Quite aromatic. Peach. Hints of pine.
T) Earthy, woody malt profile. Hop bite from start to finish. Spruce.
M) Medium body. Creamy. Dry, tannic in the finish.
O) A tasty IPA. Glad I pop the top on this.

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

2.71/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

A: burnt orange color; hazy, with sediment suspended throughout; 1 finger sudsy white head that dissipated in a couple minutes; minimal lacing;

S: somewhat light; some sweet malt along with dank, earthy aromas; not enjoyable;

T: taste follows the nose; minimal bitterness that doesn't kick in until the finish; some spice present in the finish;

M: a little thin; carbonation was little light;

O: it seems from other reviews that this beer is somewhat inconsistent; my can was overfilled; when I opened it, beer spilled out (not foam); it was filled to the very top; that may have affected the carbonation; some reviews noted a high level of bitterness - my sample had almost none; because of the widely different reviews, I'll probably buy this again to see if I get a better result; however, if what I tasted is what the brewer was going for, this one is not for me;

3.48/5  rDev -2.2%

3.59/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

16 oz. can poured into a Burley Oak snifter (30626A3BR)

A: Muddy copper color that is hazy and has no head or lacing. So, I got to the end of the glass and there was some sediment, which I guess seems to be a common thing for canned IPAs, at least some of them. I actually think it might be the sign of a good canned IPA.

S: Mild scented hops that you really have to stick your nose into the glass to smell. They are good smelling with fruity notes that have a floral twist on the end.

T: Tastes good enough. It is a good IPA, that tastes like it smells even in the subtlety of it, but for some reason I find myself liking this beer more and more. The flavor is just there for you to find it and taste it. There is no real playing around here, but it isn't in your face. It just seems well put together with some great flavor. It even seems a bit watery up front but then it balances itself out and the flavor asserts itself as does the body, evening out.

M: Smooth with just a bit of roughness to it, that just rushes and then subsides.

O: I'm not sure of the exact freshness of this because I'm not sure of Finch's dating system, but it is probably Julian. Anyways, I used to be super into Threadless and was surprised when I saw a beer with Threadless on the label, so I had to get it. It was in the mix six section and I needed another beer for the pack. Threadless could have picked a better can design but that is all. Good enough beer, especially at the decent price.

3.12/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A: Pours a golden orange in color with a tiny bit of transparency, left a tiny off white head at the top with slight lacing around the glass as you drank this brew.

S: Citrus and earthy right off the bat with a nice malt and hop note as well.

T: Well balanced with a good mixture of hops and malts, lots of bitterness though, a weird earthy taste that I was not a fan of.

M: Medium carbonation and with medium body, sligth watery taste on the tail end.

O: Overall not impressed wtih this beer, didnt have a great taste, just very dull, although it was well balanced I have had better Ipa's before.

Threadless IPA from Finch's Beer Co.