Fascist Pig Ale - Finch's Beer Co.

Fascist Pig AleFascist Pig Ale

good

Finch's Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  8.00% ABV

A deep red malt-forward ale brewed with plenty of caramel malts and a touch of rye. Brewed and dry-hopped with Palisade and Zythos hops.

(Beer added by: emerge077 on 07-11-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fascist Pig Ale Alström Bros

1.5/5  rDev -59%

1.93/5  rDev -47.3%

16 oz. can obtained on trade (thanks, Dr. Samisar!), dated "090214" on the bottom, poured into my large bottom The Bruery "Rue the Day" snifter glass, drank over 30 minutes

2.78/5  rDev -24%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

A - Nice dark malty red color. Thick haze and floaters take the appearance down a notch.

S - Malty and rye, but not much else comes through.

T - Malty and bitter. It may be all in my head, but I think I can taste the can. I'm trying to embrace the resurgence in popularity of cans, but this beer may have set me back a bit.

O - My first Finch beer. Not a beer I will try again, especially for the price per 4 pack. I hope that Finch has something better to offer.

2.85/5  rDev -22.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Served in an Innis and Gunn cervoise.

Man, I was hoping for some sort of bacon-flavored beer here... Oh, well, here we go: It pours a hazy amber-rust topped by a half-finger of dirty cream foam. The nose comprises ruby red grapefruit zest, husky grains, very light cocoa powder, stiff toffee, and somewhat mild pine sap. The taste holds notes of grapefruit peel, caramel, sour onions (I'm not sure how I got there, either, but the more I think about it, the more it sounds very right), huskier-than-before grains, and a stiff bitterness that pervades every square inch of the finish. Every sip leads to a bit of a wince in my demeanor, but this feeling luckily passes fairly quickly. The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a sorta dry finish. Overall, a decent beer at its heights, but a not-so-good one at most points that matter (you know, the ones that touch the tongue). Not my thing here.

2.92/5  rDev -20.2%

Fascist Pig Ale from Finch's Beer Co.