Join our email list →

German Pilsener |  ABV ?

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: BlueMoon10 on 03-14-2014

3.83/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Jackalope Brewing Company "Seven Cities Pilsner"
on tap at the brewery

Appearance: Clear deep gold body beneath a short head of white froth. Both the head retention and lacing could have been better, but given the high volume they're doing I can't really expect a beer-clean glass now, can I?

Aroma: The malt comes through as pilsner but it's lacking the hops. I'm looking for some spice and flowers and grass but not getting it (well, some grass). Still, it's not bad.

Flavor: Exactly as the aroma suggests. I still don't get the whole of the noble hops experience, but it's at least balanced and a very firm bitterness takes it home to a dry finish. I've had pilsners in Germany and Austria that completely failed to live up to the pilsner name, so OK, Jackalope hasn't done bad for themselves.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a median carbonation level.

Overall: It's just about there, and I don't say that as a hop head looking for more; but I will admit to being jaded. Nicely done.

Seven Cities Pilsner from Jackalope Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.