Great White - Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe

Great WhiteGreat White

Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe visit their website

Witbier |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 10-20-2001)

Hyperdrive6, Jul 11, 2014

Quinnspub1, Apr 13, 2014

jonathaniler, Apr 27, 2012

projhex, Nov 15, 2011

BugTownPub, Feb 28, 2012

GGM, Jul 01, 2014

Great refreshing beer. Love it. Great zesty wheat taste.

8BaconBits, Sep 19, 2014

rah1734bones, Mar 20, 2012

vanillacokaine, Dec 11, 2012
4.8/5  rDev +40.8%

A very delicious beer that is both refreshing and also has significant flavor. Citrus is the unique taste that makes this beer different from the majority of other beers.

A: Slightly cloudy from being unfiltered. No serious flaws in appearance.

S: No off smells, but not overwhelming in smell either. Citrus is the most noticable smell I can get.

T: Citrus (lemon), light malts, slight amount of bitterness. To my taste, has a perfect blend of sweet, tart, and bitter.

M: Medium bodied

D: Outstanding drinkability, maintains refreshing qualities and some body at the same time.

Overall: Outstanding taste, refreshing, while maintaining some body and lots of flavor make this my favorite "refreshing" style beer.

Surefire, Dec 29, 2007

Giesch, Feb 04, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +39.3%

Great Beer if you want to pound a couple after a long day.

ThatGuyTJ, Sep 14, 2014

cruzerbug, Jul 13, 2014

Bergy78, Jul 02, 2014
4.73/5  rDev +38.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Anybody who rates this below a 4 is crazy. This is one of the finest beers ever crafted. The only reason I don't score it a 5 is because it's a witbeir and I'm not particularly fond of them. But this great white, I could drink all night. Serve it with an orange slice.

ChrisFaudree, Dec 19, 2012
4.58/5  rDev +34.3%

Appearance-A hazy orangeish yellow color. About a fingers worth of snow white head settles into a wispy layer with a nice white ring around the sides of the glass.

Aroma- great aroma of lemon, fruit loops cereal, coriander, basil, and lime. This is a great wit smell.

Taste- Reminiscent of thai food with tastes of lemongrass, and basil. Very clean and fresh tasting. There is a certain spiciness to this beer that I find very intresting. The bitterness compliments this beer perfectly. You would think this beer is sweet by its smell by that is not so. This is not your typical wit.

Mouthfeel- Very crisp and fresh. Stingy carbonation.

Drinkability- This is good stuff. The best wit I have ever had. I couldn't think of anything better to drink on a hot summer day.

nicnut45, Jun 13, 2009
4.55/5  rDev +33.4%

Move over Jaws there is a new shark in town! Great White is the perfect summer bbq beer. The pale golden color and amazing taste made me an instant fan after my first one. It has a nice citrus smell with a hint of what i think is vanilla and it goes down smooth. Go out grab some and have a bbq with your friends,you wont regret it.

DaCar, Jun 04, 2011
4.51/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

What can I say, I'm a summer beer guy and this one doesn't disapoint! Great label, light and easy to drink. This is a great beer to enjoy on a hot summer evening with a few 'blonde' friends! One of my summer favorites. Try both with and without an orange/lemon slice!

makopoetic, Jan 17, 2013

chrisp1090, Apr 14, 2012

WhiteDustin, Feb 20, 2013

B_Davis1988, Jun 30, 2014

charliepark, Sep 07, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +32%

Ok, for starters great white I believe will be in my top 3 all time favorites! I have been drinking great white for many years now. I have drank it in the cafe in eureka, bars in my home town, bottles in my garage.

Appearance is great, nice yellow with a smooth head that goes down fast.

Smells of citrus nicely but not too overwhelming.

the taste was great! i loved it from the start, the citrus is great flavor but not over whelming. went down very smooth with not too long lasting alcohol taste.

I would give this a better drinkability review do to the fact that i cant ever just have one of these. working in my garage I found myself drinking alot more of them then I should. Great white goes awesome with spicy foods! I believe great white is the pringles of beers. once you pop you cant stop! great beer!

n0rc41, Oct 05, 2009