Tangerine Wheat - Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe

Tangerine WheatTangerine Wheat

Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: MLegendre on 07-28-2006)

3.32/5  rDev -1.8%

3.72/5  rDev +10.1%

3.75/5  rDev +10.9%

4.5/5  rDev +33.1%

Tangerine Wheat - Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, this has got a one finer thick finely porous white head,thin lateral lacing, and a hazy light golden body.

I can certainly smell the tangerine, it shines through among all the other very pleasant and refreshing scents I'm picking up with this brew. This smells like summer in a glass to me.

I taste crisp wheat brew elements with the perfect addition of true tangerine flavor. Nothing ade-y or fructose syrupy is present in this brew, just natural and delicious!

Mouthfeel is clean and smooth. I can't hardly tell I just took a hearty swig of beer.

Overall a solid 4.5 for Tangerine Wheat - Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe. I was pleasantly surprised by the non-artificiality of the tangerine flavor.

2.75/5  rDev -18.6%

2.48/5  rDev -26.6%

2.7/5  rDev -20.1%

Really not impressed. Too big on the fruit character, loses the hops and malt in the sweetness. A little metallic as well.

4.24/5  rDev +25.4%

West coast, west coast, west coast boyeeee.

Appearance (3.75) : Fluffy vanilla-colored three finger head atop a hazy golden glow of wonder. Opacity about 60%. Head retention is good.

Smell (4.75) : Fresh tangerines, straight from the orchard. (okay, I've never been in an orchard, but I have seen fresh produce...) Yeah, mega tangerine... I mean, it just smells like a tangerine. It should win an award for that. It actually smells like I'm opening a tangerine at the breakfast table. I doubt I'd be able to discern a difference blindfolded between this and the real deal. I'll give it a 4.75 if just for the wow factor. There is a little sugary sweetness behind it, but I'll chalk it up to a really sweet tangerine.

Taste (4.5) : To me this is like drinking a witbier and sucking on a Tic-Tac. Dude, it's that good. It finishes with style and leaves me wanting more. I just want to keep drinking it. Oh, I guess I should be objective here : some wheat and grains, citrus rind, and finishes gloriously with tangerine and/or orange tic-tac. Gotta love beer.

Mouthfeel (4) : Creamy, medium-bodied, lightly carbonated. Ends effervescently dry.

Overall (4.24) : Would I drink this again? Dude, sign me up to buy cases. This is a pleasant beer all around. The smell blew me away, and the taste did little to sway that opinion. Mouthfeel is spot on for the style, and what else is left? The design of the bottle is catchy, too. Tangerine Wheat is fab.

3.8/5  rDev +12.4%