Join our email list →

Texas, United States | website

Kristalweizen | 4.80% ABV

Beer added by: champ103 on 05-18-2013

4.54/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

On tap at Cottonwood in Houston. I am very glad they were able to get a keg. I don't know the availability right now, or the alcohol. I think it is around 5-5.5% ABV.

A: As per style, this pours a bright crystal clear golden orange color. A large, pillowing white head rises to two fingers with good retention. Light lace.
S: An awesome nose. Tart lemon and other fruity aromas like orange rind. Husky wheat, and spicy phenolic yeast. This is near perfect for the style.
T: Follows the nose, and again pretty much dead on for the style. Lightly tart fruits, lemon, orange, and light banana esters. Yeast, peppery spice, husky wheat. Everything is so bright and clean. I love it.
M/D: A light to medium body. Effervescent carbonation that is amazingly crisp, clean and dry. A pure treat to drink. So enjoyable, easily all day.

Rivals Live Oak for one of the best wheat beers in the state. Though, still a very distinct style that is done perfectly. I would love to try this next to Weihenstephaner when I get a chance. A lovely beer that I can't recommend enough.

Heisenberg from Austin Beerworks
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.