Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export - Steel Brewing Company

Steel Reserve 211 Triple ExportSteel Reserve 211 Triple Export

poor

Steel Brewing Company visit their website

American Malt Liquor |  8.10% ABV

(Beer added by: GCBrewingCo on 12-05-2005)

Bought in the 24 oz can for the grand price of $1.19 I poured this into a glass ( i know its a no-no for ML afficienados!) Its actually quite nice looking foir a Malt liquor..darker gold than the usual and witha small white head. Very malt, dough aroma..not bad..not nasty at all. Very smooth semi-sweet tasting beer..very malty, small alcoholic kick at the back of the mouth..warms the belly afterwards. Nice enough beer for the style. I actually like this

3.1/5  rDev +24%

Pours clear clod with two fingers of white head that lasts a very long time. A fair amount of foamy lacings.
Smell corny and grainy.
Tastes sweet and malty but much richer flavor than the regular version. This is a deluxe malt liquor. If they put some hops (that you could taste) in it it would be an O.K. Barleywine.
Mouthfeel is pretty full for the style. It may be disliked by regular consumers of this style. Carbonation is just right.
Overall the best looking and big flavored ML I have had thus far. Still, quite a few more to taste. We shall see. I might actually finish this one!
Update: 4/ 29/2014: Latest version loses 1 full point for appearance almost no head or lacings.

1.75/5  rDev -30%

1.85/5  rDev -26%

24 fl oz. can. Bottom of the can says March 11, 2013 so I might be a couple days late, not that it will matter much. I can say with assurance that I wasn't a fan of the regular Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity, and am not expecting much more from this outing. No one seems to know what Triple Export means, but the label exclaims " we believe this to be among the very best beers in the world". I really only bought this as a joke for a friend and I, and to make change for a $20 bill.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours about two fingers of thin bubbly carbonated white head, audibly sizzling away. Clear sparkling adjunctive lager gold color. Even manages to retain the tiniest bit of thin lacing.

S - Smells of chemically treated corn kernels and malts. Carbonated yeasty champagne sort of tingle.

T - Still carbonated. Still bloating. Still tastes like corn, although it has a *different* corn type flavor, if that makes any sense at all. Still retains that thick artificial cherry syrup like sweetness that the regular Stell Reserve 211 High Gravity had, although not as intense and in your face. Definitely more corn / grain presence in this beer, I will give it that.

M - Thin. Watery. Artificial sweetness. Carbonated.

Overall, it's probably safe to say that I won't consider buying either Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity or Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export ever again. In the already over-crowded, retched realm of American malt liquor and American adjunct lagers, these two are among some of the worst I've had so far. However, this beer is not nearly as bad as it's companion brew, but there are still far better choices out there if you're looking for that quick buzz.

Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export ---2/5.

4.54/5  rDev +81.6%

I don't know why others have been dissing this one,I love it!!! I found it at a local Ingles for 99 cents a can,and an 8.1 abv!!!! It feels like there are a lot of beer snobs out there!! I drink a lot of non-alcoholic beers,too!! But once in a while,it doesn't hurt to kick it up a notch!! I'll be buying more of these,down the road!!

2.5/5  rDev 0%

3.73/5  rDev +49.2%

Finally got my hands on this one! Don't know why, but I only know one gas station that carries it in my area. I like to check everywhere I encounter to see what minor variations in selection they have, and this just popped up out of nowhere. Wasn't expecting to ever find it.
The smell is sweet and not unlike other malt liquors, but the taste is unlike anything I've ever had in a malt liquor before. I'm surprised the reviews aren't higher because this is clearly an attempt at changing up malt liquor for the beer connoisseur. It tastes STRONGLY of yeast, like it was bottle conditioned. Or, I guess, can conditioned in this case. It takes a lot away from the sweetness and the thinness that is the status quo in malt liquors. As a fan of some malt liquors, I'm not sure if I like this significant departure, but as a fan of quads, I enjoy it. So, I'm torn as to whether it's really OK for it to be somewhere in between. It is so far from what I was expecting. It's like someone tried to make a lager into a quad with really low quality ingredients, but with plenty of know-how nonetheless. Strange, but enjoyable. I think I'm going to have to rate it pretty highly. One problem is that it's not as refreshing as other malt liquors or as quads because it lacks that fruity quality. It's just pure yeast flavour. It retains a bit of that chemical flavour of regular Steel Reserve, but the yeast covers it up pretty well. Weird, wild stuff and definitely quite different from ordinary silver-canned Steel Reserve.

2.8/5  rDev +12%

Poured from a 24 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Lots of carbonation. Smell is big on corn, some other grains, maybe hay. Taste is corn, some alcohol and grains, a touch of malts. Feels light in the mouth and overall, while I wouldn't want a steady diet of it, considering the abv and price point, it's not the worst malt liquor out there.

2.35/5  rDev -6%

Another in my series of terrible beers. This one says that "we believe this to be one of the very best beers in the world." Having had some of the best beers in the world, I can't wait to see how this stacks up.

Poured from the tall can into a pilsner glass. Not much to look at. Golden with little head.

Smell: Not to much to be had. Corn sweetness and some grain over metal.

Taste: Very sickly sweet corn flavor with a bit of medicine going down. There is a slight yeasty tang to it. Has an old vegetables must to it as well that just barely covers up the huge alcohol punch at the end.

Overall: Not a very good way to get a buzz here. The ABV indeed is pretty killer, but choking it down to get there is not too pleasant. There are easier ways to accomplish this, even with cheap malt liquors. That being said, this is one of the cheapest I've seen, soooo there's that.

3.25/5  rDev +30%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export has a thick, stark-white head and a clear, somewhat bubbly, golden appearance, with almost no lacing left behind. The aroma is funky, meaning sickly-sweet grain husk. The taste is rich and bold: sweet grain, minimal hop bitterness, corn, and sugar. The mouthfeel is medium to heavy, and Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export finishes crisp and mildly refreshing. It's gameyness limits its drinkability. This is interesting and even good. I say it is at least worth trying.

RJT

1.98/5  rDev -20.8%

$1.39 a 24oz can here in Durham NC at Krogers...20 cents off on sale.

shotgunned from said 24oz can and one drank normally.

we only have 6.0% Steel Reserve 211 (silver label) here and its NOTHING like the 8.1% or this.

Triple Export is what youd expect from the silver version...it kicks your ass,its cheap and it tastes pretty foul when it heats up.

nothing really special to report...if you hate high gravity lagers that slap you in the face, dont go here...this is barely better than silver label 8.1%...if Hurricane High Gravity is in your area...id get that instead.

2.7/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A small amount was poured into a juice glass for appearance and aroma. The rest was consumed from the can.

A - copper gold with a large, dense, frothy, pure white head that has great retention

S - warm, metal, corn, grains

T - corn, grains, warm, alcohol, sweet, metal

M - medium bodied, warm, smooth, decently carbonated

I'm basing this purely on style. The appearance was quite nice but everything else was quite typical. It's cheap and it'll get you a buzz. Otherwise avoid.

Note: The can claims "We believe this to be among the very best beers in the world." That's disconcerting.

1.5/5  rDev -40%

2.25/5  rDev -10%

2.42/5  rDev -3.2%

I have to rate this beer more on overall than any of its components. Why? Because, it's nothing to look at, nothing to smell or feel, and the taste is barely tolerable. But in this economic climate, it makes sense that such a beer would be a bestseller. Why? I'll tell you.

1) If you're buying Steel Reserve Triple Export, you're not in it for the taste or appearance. You want a buzz plain and simple. This beer delivers.

2) If you're buying Steel Reserve Triple Export, you're not in it for the smell or the mouthfeel. You're in it for the buzz, period. This beer delivers.

Nothing about this beer says, "Share this with your friends." Nothing says that you should buy it for parties or hand it out at family gatherings. But for what it offers, it delivers. If you need a buzz and a bowel movement, this is your choice for ninety-nine cents. Nothing else can offer so much for so little.

Steel Reserve 211 Triple Export from Steel Brewing Company