Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) - Steel Brewing Company

Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)

awful

good

Steel Brewing Company visit their website

American Malt Liquor |  8.10% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 09-13-2001

Brewed in different abv. versions: 6.0%, 7.3%, 8.1%, & reports of a 8.9%
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) Alström Bros
1.92/5  rDev -18.3%

1.88/5  rDev -20%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.42/5  rDev +3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.14/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

3.34/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from 24 oz. can to a nonic pint

A: Bubbly clear golden with a large white head that seems to stay.
S: Biscuity malt, a little dustiness, some metallic twang, and some alcohol.
T: Sweet, with a bready malt center, zero hop presence, and moderate alcohol. The alcohol is actually well-hidden, and it goes down smooth.
M: Light to medium. No significant aftertaste.
O: Surprisingly good. Not great by any means, but is good for what it is. It tastes like a budweiser with more flavor and body.

2.58/5  rDev +9.8%

After having one I decided to see what everyone thought. After seeing all the bad comments , I decided I better crack open another one to study it more carefully. An igot a new buzz, his name is percy he's a happy lil buzz. So, I got alot of head from the first one, as I poured this one from the wide mouth can into my glass, no head this time. I'm surprised that my yellow beer in my blue glass doesn't look green that defys science so its got that going for it. I don't smell much of anything to write about when I take a whiff. Goes down pretty smooth, with a tad bit of beer flavor. I really like the 8.10% effect, I wish they could all be 8% and up for so cheap. Oh whoops, I spoilled the best part its really cheap, $1.29 for 16oz. One will do it, two will make it hard to write a review with no spelling errors. So will I get it again? Oh yeah, sometimes its fun to ride a moped. We just don't want anyone to see us. This is what people who dont drink beer think all beer tastes like. It also reminds me why i like warstiener, bocks, and dopple bocks. I have to go scratch my belly and yell at my cat now. An I got this brand new buzz, his name is 4 and he don't ever do bout nothing at really ever at all my 𠙶 be sure blue steel 211zzzzzzzzzzz.

2.81/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.91/5  rDev -18.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

awful beer, cheap taste cheap price

2.54/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Grainy and metallic malt liquor.

2.03/5  rDev -13.6%

2.86/5  rDev +21.7%

well it does no justice, but it will get you piss drunk... i can only drink one

2.8/5  rDev +19.1%

2.06/5  rDev -12.3%

3.6/5  rDev +53.2%

This is the best inexpensive beer on the market...with a kick to boot! BTW. This stuff is a lager. Can't find the words "Malt Liquor" on the can anywhere.

2.44/5  rDev +3.8%

There are two ways to review this.
I could review it as a beer, where I have expectations of taste, smell and texture, or I could review it for what it is, a one way ticket to getting plastered.

Something about the smell mixed with the taste is a little offensive to me. I've had Colt 45 a long time ago, and this is pretty comparable. It's earned it's place on 7-11 shelves next to the PBR and Rolling Rock (though I prefer those to this), but I probably won't get this again, unless I'm planning on getting properly drunk for cheap.

Actually, after a second sip from the can, with little smell, I find the taste a bit unpleasant. However, for it's kick of alcohol, it hides it reasonably well, though it's still noticeable. Probably haven't had a beer that tasted worse than this, but that's probably more due to my good judgement, which has been put to the test tonight.

look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Taking a dump. On my iPhone. Bacheloring it up.

Poured into pint glass for proper reviewing.

Appearance : straight out of the tall can it pours a frothy, full head about 3.5 fingers tall. The body is a pleasant golden glow. Mostly transparent.

Aroma : steel, corn, more corn, faint dirty hop leaf. Mostly stale corn in a grain bin though.

Taste : very smooth in its abundant nothingness. The 8.1% is definitely there but you barely taste it. It's more like you FEEL it. Towards the end it's got an earthy hop but its like, rotten or something. A whole lot of floaty alcohol flavors with a bit of that rotten garbage hop. Hey, it's better than i thought it would be.

Mouthfeel : very smooth, light bodied, slightly grainy in texture.

Overall : won't buy it again. But if you really want to say goodbye to sobriety for a night, this will do the trick without tasting like a dirty diaper.

Overall poor flavor and body

When I used to drink malt liquors I thought this was the worst of them all. Big malt, nasty, foul flavors on this beer. It was the lowest of the low and I would never touch it again as there are better malt liquor beers out there than this.

1.33/5  rDev -43.4%

Awful swill, tastes like dirty hair spray and old beer. Its pretty foamy so i guess that could be considered a plus.Provides a dirty almost sickly liquor like buzz.

2.7/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) from Steel Brewing Company