Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) - Steel Brewing Company

Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)

awful

good

Steel Brewing Company visit their website

American Malt Liquor |  8.10% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 09-13-2001

Brewed in different abv. versions: 6.0%, 7.3%, 8.1%, & reports of a 8.9%
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) Alström Bros
3.28/5  rDev +39.6%

When it comes to malt liquor I grade on taste alone, because malt liquor is meant to be SLAMED. “Slow brewed for exceptional smooth flavor”. You can always tell how good a malt liquor is by the amount of lies on the can. All right here we go. What the hell man? I just opened the can and I didn’t get the snake hiss I’m so accustomed to. Damn I can smell the alcohol running from the can like the devil is chasing it. Ok, sucked down ¼ of the can and it taste like a green apple jolly rancher. I’ve literally had 100’s of 211’s and this is the first time it didn’t taste like malt liquor, sweet gasoline ,and heat. I must have a bad can. Which raises the question, do bad cans of 211 get better with age? Alright round 2, here we go…. Ughhhh never mind I take it all back. I just killed the can and it’s fighting me back causing ripples of chills throughout my body. This is the taste I’m accustoming to…. Alcohol and a funk that shifts its flavor so fast you don’t know what the hell you’re drinking. This is definitely an acquired taste. The reason why I like 211 is because it floods my mind with memories of Jr High. It’s like time traveling back to the time when all we could afford was 40oz’s and tall cans. Overall it taste awful. But the memories I’ve had with this shit keeps me coming back. I mean come-on this was my first taste of independence. 211 delivers a hard ass buzz for only 8.1% ABV

2.08/5  rDev -11.5%

3.5/5  rDev +48.9%

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

4.5/5  rDev +91.5%

Wow! I read what the Bro's rated and was surprised that so cheap a beer would be rated that high. Finally got the nerve to put out 3$ for a 4 pack in aluminum cans.. I was a little embarased feeling like a brown bagger homeless guy.... Poured it in a glass when I got home and everything looked perfect. Nice foam nice lacing..... Nice smell.. Taste?? OMG this is nice....smoothe with no hint of being out of a can!! I can't believe it! Only rated a 4.5 because this lager (not malt liquor) needs just a tad more hop to be as 5. Bye Bye yuengaling.... This is my new normal drinker!!! Might even consider living on the streets to enjoy ..... Nah...

2.48/5  rDev +5.5%

It's great if you just want to get drunk cheaply, but this is the most disgusting tasting beer I've ever had in my life.

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%

3.64/5  rDev +54.9%

Look. i spend enough $ on expensive, great beer. This is not a bad choice when I just want to spend a little on a good beer. And that's what this is, good. $1.35 for cold 16 oz can, can't beat that. Crisp and refreshing on the palate, smooth and satisfying aroma and taste. Lager like, hints of apple and pear. If I had to rank my malt liquors I'd go Olde English, this, Colt 45 High Gravity. There's not a damn thing wrong with any of the 3, the first 2 are more drinkable than the 45. Pour this in my 5.5 oz fancy snifter, almost looks like an expensive beer.

2.75/5  rDev +17%

2.75/5  rDev +17%

*Straight from the 40 oz bottle*

A- Dark urine color with large collar of foam.

S- sickly sweet. Malts and musty, pungent grains. Zero hops.

T- Buttery taste. Overly sweet malts and piss poor grains. Finish was gross. Like wet cardboard with sugar on top. Alcoholic taste and feel is present.

M- heavy mouth feel. Hard to drink. Oily and thick.

Gross. It gets you feeling alcohol's affects quickly.

1.25/5  rDev -46.8%