1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Peche 'n Brett - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales

Peche 'n BrettPeche 'n Brett

Logsdon Farmhouse Ales visit their website
Oregon, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  10.00% ABV

Our Seizoen Bretta oak aged and loaded with tons of local organic peaches (a pound and a half per gallon).

First released in 750ml bottles May 2012.
Second release in January 2013.

(Beer added by: msubulldog25 on 05-08-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 498 | Reviews: 82 | Show All Ratings:
hopsbreath

Re-reviewed 1-11-2013
Batch 2 750ml bottle, number P2024, best by 12/2017. Split into a pair of tulip glasses and shared with TulipSnifter. After lamenting in the forums about how I was unable to find a bottle I had no less than 4 BA's offer one of theirs before receiving a hot tip about where to find one still on the shelf. My faith in humanity is restored.

Since I gave a well formatted review with batch one I'm going to be a little less technical with this one. I grew up in a rural part of Tennessee and my dad loved to garden. We didn't farm as a way of making money but instead grew fruits and vegetables for our own enjoyment. I hated picking green beans but I loved eating peaches off our six peach trees.

Sniffing this beer took me back to my childhood smelling those fresh peaches. I don't think I've smelled a peach or apricot beer with a nose as fragrantly fruity as this. A hint if that tangy Brett funks things up too.

Taste-wise the peach is more delicate but still noticeable. I don't recall batch 1 being all that different from regular Seizoen Bretta except for the addition of the peach and some oak notes. I even said it probably wasn't worth twice as much. This beast on the other hand, has more of that overly ripe Brett and what I think might be some bug juice lending light tartness that I found in Oak Aged Bretta and loved. Although I didn't care for the "American Wild Ale" designation on batch 1, I find it totally appropriate here.

Really a fantastic beer and worthy of the big price tag. Much improved upon an already excellent first iteration. I'm now an Oregonian so that makes me a homer but I'm really not able to find a single thing I'd like improved on. Logsdon just leapfrogged Upright as my favorite saison producer in the state and there's absolutely no reason not to consider them as one of the best saison brewer's on earth from my perspective.

5-13-2012 4.43 overall score

At the time of this review, this is listed as an American Wild Ale. I mention that because I don't think that's the correct designation. Picked up saison yeast and brettanomyces, but I'm not sure there are any 'wild' bugs in the bottle. Picked up the 750ml bottle at John's Marketplace for $20 a week ago today (the day after it won gold at the World Beer Cup). Flinched for a moment at the price since regular Seizoen Bretta is only $10, but grabbed it anyway since I'm a fan of the style and the brewery. Bottle #P 544 (if that matters) split into a pair of Duvel tulips and shared with TulipSnifter.

A: Nice pulpy mango puree appearance in the glass, big fluffy white head is a good sign of carbonation for such a high ABV/bottle conditioned beer, minimal spotty lacing.

S: Peach is instantly noticeable on the nose. Black pepper spice notes and barnyard from the Seizoen Bretta base are also easily appreciated.

T: Bitter peach skin is more apparent than the sweet peach flesh and that's a good thing since it adds a layer of complexity. Good wood, nice funk, cracker base malt. Alcohol is extremely well hidden. No way I would have guessed this a point over 8%. Very dry with minimal residual sweetness. No real discernible sourness. A little tartness is there but I'm attributing that to the natural twang found in the fresh fruit instead of lactic acid. I'd classify this as a fruited saison with brett but not a sour/wild. If there are some bugs in there they haven't manifested themselves yet.

M: A full silky body with a dry/crisp finish. Appropriate scrubbing carbonation helps with the clean finish. Very well attenuated and exactly what I want in a saison.

O: Grading as a saison, it's very good. I enjoy it a little more than the base beer, but not for twice the cash. Not that price is a problem with this beer. If you saw it on the shelf and didn't buy a bottle, you already missed your chance. Recommended if the opportunity presents itself.

05-13-2012 03:48:27 | More by hopsbreath
PHBoiler

This beer might be as good as it gets for me especially in terms of style. Logsdon makes an unreal saison. Their brett version is one of my top ten beers I've had and I love peaches. This beer delivered all of that. The color of the body almost had a peach skin note to it. The beer smells of fresh peaches. The taste is everything that is great about Seizoen Bretta but with beautful peach and floral notes. I can't recommend this enough and can't wait to get myself a bottle.

12-12-2013 16:38:20 | More by PHBoiler
TheeWalrusHunter

4.96/5  rDev +12%

This beer is exactly what it says it is.

Reviewers that are looking for a very tart wild ale will think that this doesn't live up the hype, but this beer never claims that. This is a saison with brett, crammed into an oak barrel and then fermented with peaches and then pear juice.

The nose is perfectly fragrant with peaches and brett.

The fruit comes through perfectly and plays harmoniously with the brett.

This beer is so delicate, that you have to close your eyes while you sip so that your senses are opened to the mastery that this liquid is.

To me, this beer is perfect because I can read a fucking label.

02-17-2014 03:57:56 | More by TheeWalrusHunter
Rollzroyce21

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Bottle #P2563 / Best by Dec-2017

750mL poured into stemless wine glass.

Loads of peach upfront that wasn't overbearing. Followed by the fruity farmhouse, yeasty flavors that brought out a mild acidity and low sourness. As classified as a wild ale, I expected more tartness but this level was all good. The oak added a nice depth of tannic mellowness. The oak may also have to do with the hints of vanilla detected. Very impressive.

EDIT: Beer was previously classified as a wild ale before it was corrected.

Bottle #5513 / Best by Jan-2019

750mL poured into Lost Abbey Teku on 7-Mar-14

Less peachy and more saison apple-tartness than I remember, but still very enjoyable. Dangerously drinkable at 10% ABV. My wife really liked it. One of the best farmhouse ales, at least Top 3, that I ever enjoyed.

02-05-2013 14:42:53 | More by Rollzroyce21
cfrances33

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%

2013 bottle poured into a Hill Farmstead stem. Thanks Zane!

Pour: Hazy, bright orange. Two fingers of fluffy white head from and leaves some heavy, thick lacing. Fantastic looking beer.

Smell: Woah! Big peach and pears up front, as well as some pineapple, mango, and grapefruit. A very pronounced funk. Hints of sweet breadyness enter, but only just. This just smells perfect, and maybe the best smelling beer I've ever had.

Taste: Big peaches up front, that quickly subside into lactic tartness and a very earthy brett funk. Lemon, white grape tannins, and pear. The Seizoen Bretta base is undeniable through the mid-palate. Finishes with tart peaches and pear, more funk, and a dry white wine barrel oak.

Mouthfeel: Insanely juicy. No hints of alcohol whatsoever. Goes down very easily, and finishes quite dry.

Overall: This is a top tier wild ale, no doubt. I think I prefer Mimosa a tad more, and Oak Aged Bretta more than both. I absolutely will be seeking this out again soon.

02-17-2013 02:08:38 | More by cfrances33
ccrida

4.8/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Bottle No. P3746 (from the January 2013 IIRC, celleared upon release). Poured into my large St. Feuillien goblet, Peche 'n Brett is chill hazed burnt gold with a creamy, tight bubbled white head leaving sheets of foamy lace.

Smell is gorgeously soft, sweet peaches and pear nectar. The brett flutters through the fruit oh so subtly, adding just a touch of depth. Really fantastic.

Taste is also soft, the peach evident yet softened by the drying brett, which is really rather clean, while still making it's presence known. Perhaps just a touch understated, but the delicate nuance really adds the drinkability.

Mouthfeel is soft and dry, with fine carbonation.

Drinkability is high, it's really hard to believe this is 10% ABV. Not to mention how subtle the brett and sweetness from the fruits are, no palate wrecker here, just extremely balanced. What an elegant beer, fantastic.

06-16-2013 23:49:39 | More by ccrida
t420o

4.73/5  rDev +6.8%

Logsdon Farmhouse Peche n Brett

Batch 2

A- pour yields a 1 finger off white head receding quick leaving almost no lacing as expected. 3.5

S- tart, funk, peaches, fruity. Amazing 4.5

T- starts out with juicy peaches light funk, and some tartness follewes by ripe peaches and finishing tannic. The oak barrel has done amazing things to this beer and lends a very nice light sweetness making it perfect. As good as I could ever imagine a beer being. 5

M- good medium body with a medium level of carbonation. 4

O- amazing beer that was a pleasure to try. I'd love another bottle of this. 5

A+

02-10-2013 22:32:36 | More by t420o
loren01

4.71/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A: Pours a hazy orange color, nice frothy white head.
S: Smells of Belgian style earthy yeast and hay. Sour peach scent as well
T: Sweet and fruity up front with a slightly sour peach taste to it. Normally I don't like fruit in my beer but this is just the right balance.
M: Smooth easy drinking beer. I cant believe this is 10% the ETOH is so well hidden its crazy.
D: This is a very drinkable summertime beer. Its quite pricey for a bottle of this but well worth it in my opinion.

03-09-2013 17:23:17 | More by loren01
yamar68

look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

My first Logsdon's beer that really didn't gush after cracking it. Gorgeous cloudy orange juice color with fine, scattered beading. An appropriate finger of bone white head forms pinpoint lacing and noticeable booze legs before settling back to form a thin cap on the beer. Absolutely stunning just to look at.

Bold, semisweet peach explodes from the glass. Floral, incredibly fresh fruit flesh melded with sour white grape, pear skins and a mildly acidic citrus quality.

Wow. I really didn't know what to expect on the palate... Like nothing else I can think of... It's a work of art. Bright orange and peach flavors collide with dry funky Brett, fresh oak and juicy pear.

Wonderfully soft velvet consistency provides the perfect vehicle for the flavors described.

Big thanks to harrymel for this gem!

06-01-2013 19:30:33 | More by yamar68
jjdc

District of Columbia

4.71/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

An orchard in a glass. Lovely, fragrant nose that is pure, high summer peaches. The color is a golden amber, not unlike a Bellini. The taste is very fruit forward -- one of the biggest peach-flavored beers I've had this side of Chez Monus. You can almost feel the peach juice dribbling down your chin. Absolutely lovely. The sweet peach is firmed up by a bit of Brett funkiness and the barrel oak. This is as close to summer as you are going to get after a long, cold winter. Great beer, but I think I still might prefer the Seizoen Bretta a bit more. The subtleties of the saison are drowned out a bit by the intense peachiness. Still, a great beer.

03-08-2014 02:01:00 | More by jjdc
MarcWP

Arizona

look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

2014 vintage poured into Teku.

Poursa murky orange much like peach purée mixed with filtered orange juice. Big tan head that lingers for a good while. Leaves a sticky film of bubbles on the top edges of the Teku.

Aroma is a bit subdued, it might be due to the cold temp. But there is plenty of juicy peach, guava, mango, strawberry, some bready malt, and a touch of that brettanomyces funk but barely there as the peach addition has taken over on this one.

The palate explodes. Literally, if this isn't the peachiest beer I have had then Clinton really never did inhale. I've had peach beers before and none have expressed the flavor as good as this one. Holy mackerel! Peach for days with an oak, musty mineral brett dry finish. Yes there is sweetness but it flows deep mid palate and comes crashing to a stop on the finish. A low tartness jumps out pre-finish which overwhelms that sweetness and by the time it's all said and done you are left with a pretty dry aftertaste. Upfront though it's like biting into a juicy peach mixed with lemon juice and tart pear cider. Awesome stuff.

Mouthfeel is crazy good. Someone complained about it being watery, well let me just say, they're crazy. It is a saison and should not have a medium or thicker body. This one sits between the heavier side of light and lighter side of medium. Makes the beer super drinkable. Awesome carbonation which can be a problem when Saisons go in barrels. Not here, ample carbonation that lifts some of those uber juicy flavors away assisting in keeping it from becoming cloying.

My final thoughts? Damn right deserves the hype that it gets and the only problem with this beer is that there is not enough. Logsdon does a good job in trying to spread the love but if you don't jump on this you get left out. This easily stands in my top three farmhouse ales (not sours) that I've had along with the LITTLE talked about Little Lobster On the Prairie and mega whale out of Hill Farmstead, Biere De Norma.

Having a saison showdown this week and this overshadows Prairies Eliza5beth pretty substantially. Still have a few more which may stack up against this, Convivial Suarez and Le Saissonier coming next.

03-09-2014 23:32:39 | More by MarcWP
ehammond1

4.7/5  rDev +6.1%

Bottle (2012)

Acquired via trade
Thanks, cavemanlawyer!

Hazy golden orange and peach in color with a quickly forming, persistent near-white head. High carbonation, as this one started bubbling over the bottle's lip upon cracking. This leaves the glass absolutely sticky with a thick film of lace down the glass. Gorgeously sticky!

A complex, marvelous, balanced, delicate, yet bold aroma. The Brett yeast is toned down when compared side-by-side with the straight Bretta version, though here it's marvelously complementary as opposed to in your face. The addition of the peach and additional wood notes is striking yet delicate. This is a peach/funk/earth lollipop. Yes, please!

Peach and white fruits dominate, as initially this beer almost seems too sweet. It doesn't take long to realize that it isn't, as there's a very nice earthy and funky bitterness that complements the ripe peach notes, along with a hint of wood and even more barnyard funk.

Medium bodied, creamy, with moderate-high carbonation.

Simply phenomenal. I wish I could drink this by the barrel.

08-05-2012 18:57:22 | More by ehammond1
largadeer

Thanks, David.

Appearance: This gushed quite a bit after uncapping the bottle. The beer pours a hazy blond color, topped by a huge frothy head that takes a while to settle.

Smell: A ton of fruit here. Peaches and cream and vanilla beans spring to mind first. Behind that there's a good amount of barnyard, phenols and light acidity. The nose is exceptional.

Palate: Very dry and bubbly with a big vibrant peach flavor that includes flesh and more tannic skin. Brett lends a peppery, funky and phenolic backbone to the intense fruit flavors. There's a touch of grain and gentle acidity. The body is medium-light, and there's no trace of the ABV. I was even somewhat shocked to discover that this is 10% - I'd have guessed maybe 6%.

Overall: This beer took me by surprise. I tried the base beer for this a few months back and thought it was quite good, but this is on another level. Seek this out.

05-21-2012 16:58:30 | More by largadeer
oregone

4.68/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Poured from bottle into a Deschutes tulip. Batch #2.
A: murky orange with a solid three finger head. I expected this not to be clear, but it's incredibly hazy. Not chunky thank goodness, but still nothing amazing to look at.
S: peaches and funk. Bretty goodness with a solid peach backbone and some hint of crisp acidity. Smells delicious!
T: peaches right up front. Surprisingly not as over the top as I was expecting. Almost balanced with the mild acidity and Brett character. Seems like the Brett is playing into the fruit flavors, with it's funky notes playing a supporting role. Very, very nice.
M: just perfect. It's a light bodied brew, but the perfect level of carbonation and the silkiness and richness of flavor provide a mouth filling experience.
O: awesome. I was expecting this to be a bit of a letdown. So talked up, I generally assume that it can't actually be THAT good. This one lived up to it's reputation. I would put this above any other Saison I've had. And that is how I would characterize it after drinking it. Reads as a beautiful Saison with fruit. The Brett is apparent, but if you put this next to their other brews, the comparison would be obvious I think. Interested to see how this ages as the fruit fades and the Brett takes a funkier and stronger role.

01-25-2013 16:59:27 | More by oregone
tectactoe

4.68/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Thanks to anadune for this one, super high up there on my "wants" list, glad to finally see this one go. I love peaches and I love Brett, so this beer should do me well. Pours a brilliant sunburst color with hints of golden-peach flowing about. Cloudy and opaque for the most part with a foamy white head that has decent retention.

Whoof! Talk about funk! The aroma hits hard, right out of the gate, and doesn't let up. Copious amounts of Brett just unleash and unload on the senses - barnyard funk, damp cellar, and wet hay. And then, of course, the peaches! There's a vibrant peach presence that underlines the funky body of the beer - it's sweet, juicy, and authentic, and perhaps most importantly - it's not overdone at all. Rather than control or overtake the aroma, the peaches just accent it, and inject their juicy goodness in a moderate but noticeable amount, a nearly perfect complement to the barnyard funk. Sweet and funky all at once - how can you not love that? The oak can be found once you "search" for it, and once you find it, it doesn't go away. Beautiful woody tones round out this excellently aromatic profile. Exquisite.

I couldn't have been more excited to finally bring this one to my lips... as soon as it hits my palate, the funk just plants itself in my mouth and never lets go. This bitch is SUPER funky; tons of barnyard, horsey sweat, musty earth, cheesy-funk... Absolutely crazy. The oak makes a big comeback and tastes much more robust than it smelled - works perfectly with the insane amounts of Brett that are going wild right now. And then again - just like an epiphany similar to the aroma - the peaches just squeeze their way in, quietly and unobtrusively, adding just the right amount of presence and flavor. Seriously, they could not have been added to this beer in a more perfect amount. Enough to tame the Brett and keep your taste buds working, but not enough to overpower and turn this thing into a peach cobbler.

I wouldn't necessarily describe this beer as "sour", but there certainly is a light tartness that hits you initially with the onslaught of Brett. By the time the peaches take the forefront, the tartness will have faded and the beer takes on a lovely sweetness that nicely combines with (and is probably aided by) the peach flavors. My friend and I were surprised to find out this beer was clocking in at 10% ABV - there's just no possible way that much alcohol can be masked so well. Honestly, this drinks just as easily as the Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen gueuzes we had previously, and those contain nearly half the alcohol. Peche n' Brett has a medium body; sharp, slick, and wet mouth feel with a medium-high amount of carbonation.

Wow, what a truly unique and amazing beer. Perfect amount of peaches and a nice compliment to their wonderful Brett profile. I thought this one was a huge improvement over the Seizoen Bretta (although that was still very good). Took me by surprise, but I hope I'll have the chance to enjoy this one again. Top notch.

03-31-2013 05:17:34 | More by tectactoe
BrewsoBrewco

4.65/5  rDev +5%

Millions of Peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches peaches for free!

A- Golden and hazy. Heavy head that spilled out of the bottle at open. Even after th first pour kept bubbling. Really nice color ana great head.

S-Peaches and funk. the fruit is up front and then the brett funk comes through great. An awesome smell for a brett beer. True brett characteristics and a great fruit character.

T-Again peaches, in such an awesome way. It actually is almost like peaches and cream. The brett gives it a creamy taste. An at 10% ABV!? It tastes like 5% easily. One of the most drinkable higher abv beers that I have had.

M-Bubbly crisp and clean. Sharp on the tongue and then easy on the palette.

O-Goddamn this is a good beer. THe peaches are so prevalent and taste. The brett characteristics are spot on and again the peach is so tasty. This beer is dangerous at 10%. Luckily it was hard to come by. This one and one for the cellar until the next release. David Logsdon touche.

06-25-2012 07:33:53 | More by BrewsoBrewco
paul_db

4.65/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Had to see for myself what the hype was about. First shot at it was at the Logsdon tasting room.

Smell reminded me of peaches and cream.

First sip was alot more sour than I had expected, but once i got further into it, the flavors melded together much better. Smooth peach and funk mixed perfectly. You get the vanilla and oak in there.

The 10% alcohol that's stated to have, hidden very very well.

Overall, never had anything like this before and it definitely lives up to the hype however i've heard that this year's batch was better fresh than last years. Left the farmhouse with plenty of bottles to see how they age.

03-17-2014 16:56:36 | More by paul_db
johnmichaelsen

4.63/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

The beer pours a honey amber color with excellent head retention and considerable laciing. On the nose, this beer really smells terrific. You definitely get a lot of peach (canned and fresh), but there's also some noticeable fruit cocktail, a hint of vanilla, and sort of "bretty" buttery funk aroma. The beer doesn't smell as if it's going to be all that sour, and in fact it wasn't. Otherwise, the flavor profile replicated the nose, but the balance in this beer is nothing short of amazing. There is a hint of sour, but it's just enough to counter the modest sweetness in this beer. Drinkability is just off the charts. Each sip begs for another one, and before I even knew what I was doing, I found myself reaching for the bottle to pour myself another glass. Alcohol is incredibly well integrated into the flavor profile. I did a double take when I saw the 10%.... there is no way I would have guess it was that high. Mouthfeel is fairly full with a long, lightly sour peach finish. However, there is nothing at all heavy or tiring about this beer on the palate, and this beer is just a joy to drink.

Excellent stuff.... even the usual out of the way places in town where I can usually find hard to find beers (MofC on Terwilliger and in West Linn, for example) were sold out of this beer, even though I'm sure they just got their supply in this past week. After trying this beer, I now have a better understanding why.

02-24-2014 16:35:27 | More by johnmichaelsen
ironchefmiyagi13

4.63/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On To The Aroma!

Having been brewed with Brett, there is just enough of those characteristics that make me say “oooh yeah, I smell the brett.” At the same time, the peaches are the star of the show and definitely take center stage. Juicy peach, lactic acid, faint citrus juice, wisps of alcohol and a little bit of oak. After I had carefully poured a few glasses to get a taste, I sloshed the beer in the bottle so I could mix the yeast and fruit sediment up and really get that ‘rustic’ flavor that I love in Saisons. Yehp, that definitely gave a little more ‘funk’ to the aroma as a whole. Absolutely amazing.

On To The Flavor!

The flavor is where the show really starts. Crisp mouthfeel and prickly carbonation coupled with a pleasant tartness makes this a beer I can’t put down. It has that quintessential Saison yeast flavor with grain, bubble gum, lemon and a little banana on the finish when it warms. Again, once aroused the sediment in the bottom of the bottle, the Saison characteristics really come through. As it warms, the alcohol gently numbs the palate. However, at no point in my imbibing do I taste alcohol. Brett shines a little more once the beer has warmed and had the sediment aroused.

On To The Verdict!

Honestly, this is right up there with West Ashley. While West Ashley is a Wild Ale and features a more ‘sour’ flavor profile, this beer is not far behind in terms of sour Saisons and really acts as a quintessential example of the ingenuity and creativity of brewers these days. Mr. Logsdon, if you are reading this, you have made this boy very happy!
Cheers!

04-16-2014 00:53:50 | More by ironchefmiyagi13
mdaschaf

4.61/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A: Pours a hazy orange color, rather bright with a small white head on top that reduced to a bubbly ring on top. Sporadic clingy lace.

S: A great combination of bretty aromas and peaches. Some definite hay/barnyard funk going on with ripe fruit. Just a bit of oak.

T: Nice fresh peach flavor, not super peachy, but very balanced with the brett. Very light tartness mixed with the funk that the brett brings to the beer. Light wheat and grainy malt in the background.

M: Light bodied with medium carbonation. Extremely drinkable, especially for 10%!

O: Really a great beer, one of the best I have had recently, certainly lives up to its reputation. Look forward to trying the other Logsdon Saisons.

02-14-2013 02:01:43 | More by mdaschaf
HopHead84

4.6/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

5/27/2012

Huge thanks to Luke (writerljberg) for this special beer. This took gold in the American-Style Brett Ale category at World Beer Cup 2012. My first Logsdon beer. The cap comes off with a vicious hiss. As I put my hands on the keyboard to type that last sentence the foam starts bubbling over the mouth of the bottle and onto my pants. Great move on my part *shakes my fist toward Oregon*. Snifter.

After I typed the word "snifter" I turned around to speak to my fiancé and I knocked 4 ounces of the beer onto my keyboard and mouse pad so I spent 10 minutes cleaning that up. Then, I noticed that foam had gained the mouth of the bottle again and a bit more got on my desk. This beer has been quite an ordeal so far.

The bottle presentation is very nice. The label art itself is beautiful and it has a peach coloring to it that adds to its attractiveness.

A: Hazy yellow orange with a big mousse-like white head. Good retention and sheets of lacing are left behind.

S: Sugary sweet and lightly tart peaches with pronounced leather and earthy notes. Apple blends with pear, apricot, and floral character. Malt is soft and grainy. This smells amazing. There's a subtle spiciness with a restrained barnyard presence.

T: Tart peaches up front with apple, pear, apricot, leather, drying oak, and a little vanilla. The fruit is bright and expressive, with some yogurt-like lactic character. There's a bit of lemon with a mild citric acidity. The finish is bursting with peach and lemon with oak, light tannins, and a dry tartness. This is 10%? Good god. Life is over when brewers can make beers that seem 5% but are actually 10%.

M: Lower medium body with high carbonation. The mouthfeel is spritzy, dry, tannic, and smooth.

Overall: Exceptional. I feel fortunate to be able to try this. Highly recommended.

05-28-2012 04:49:46 | More by HopHead84
Rosanne

4.59/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Sweet apricot nectar aroma, low to mid carbonation, wheat, sweet fruity nectar taste, tart - not creamy, sweet nectar linger. But not too sweet! Delicious. Gets more tasty with warmth.

Bought a bottle from the brewery and shared it five days later in a hotel room with one other; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Hood River, USA. As part of a six-week West Coast beer tour. I rate to taste, not to style. See my blog for more details: carbeers.wordpress.com

06-19-2013 23:12:02 | More by Rosanne
dirtylou

4.58/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

750ml bottle, brouwers, split

Hazy peach body - thin layer of beige bubble. "Tastes like a Logsdon beer". The brett is in full force - aging this beer seems foolish. The glorious peach notes hit in the finish and are a real nice contrast of sweet-tart. Grassy, funky, some oak, bready notes. Fantastic stuff.

01-27-2013 01:03:44 | More by dirtylou
grittybrews

4.58/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Poured a hazy orange gold with two fingers of bright white head. Aroma of peach, pepper, hay, oak, and pear. Not too much lacing after the head dies down.

Moderate-to-high carbonation and a full, thick mouthfeel. Creamy and just a bit slick from the alcohol, which is otherwise almost undetectable.

Not as sweet as I suspected, with mild peach, oaky vanilla, apple and pear, a trace of funk, and peppery spice. Finishes very dry and keeps you coming back for more.

It was hard to drink this one slowly. Amazing balance, totally delicious. Doesn't supersede the base beer for me, but I love how they integrated the peach. Not at all overdone.

02-03-2013 15:39:01 | More by grittybrews
DefenCorps

look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Never thought I'd see this on the shelves. I guess living in the 'burbs does have its benefits. This batch was released Jan 2013

With a slow gush that renders to nought all my patience in letting this settle down after a rough ride in the shopping cart and the subsequent drive home, this beer is a hazy, peachy orange with a dense, light peach head with excellent retention and moderate lacing. Does a non-gushing Logsdon beer even exist? Never mind. The beer itself is fantastic. The nose exhibits such a bright, vibrant and delicate peach nose, fresh, fragrant, fruity and floral that it makes me want summer all over again. The base saison is clear - spicy clove and white pepper with a blend of Brett phenols,barnyard, with honey, rustic grains (spelt?) and a touch of fattiness and yeasty aroma that does serve to accentuate the fruit, the nose is incredible. A touch of coriander seed is also present.

The palate opens with an exceptional blend of peach flavor, mild peach acidity and saison and Brett spices. A blend of lemon and peach acidity lends a piquancy that really does open up the palate to multiple waves of flavor. White pepper, clove-y Brett, a little bit of spicy alcohol, barnyard, a faint bay leaf note, a little bit of kaffir lime brightess, the aromatics of orange blossom honey, all in beautiful harmony, the palate really is an education. Despite its strength, the peach flavor never takes over, playing the role of an equal partner in this complex piece. Recognizably and enjoyably deep and varied, it lends an excellent flavor here. A touch yeasty on the finish along with a blend of peach, clove and honey, this beer is medium in body, moderately carbonated and a treat on the palate. The nose had me worried about whether this would be too fatty for my liking, but good lord, is this near perfect. The alcohol is shockingly well-hidden, there is no way I would have pegged this at 10%.

Easily the best beer I've had in 6 months. The way the peach is expressed on the nose reminds me of my first encounter with Yellow Bus in its youth with all the brilliant peach aromatics stunningly layered. This comes with the highest of recommendations.

**Edit 21 Feb 2014**

Note to self : stop aging beers. Especially those that don't need it.

Less peachy, more Brett forward than when fresh, slightly sulfury/ farty with the peach being more of a tart peach/ character than the bright, complex redolent peach character that it had fresh. That said, it's still fleshy and mildly frothy. The palate still has a ton of peach, but it does seem to have lost some of the brash brilliance of its youth. The peach juice has fermented out, leaving an earthy, spicy Brett character. Moderately sweet nonetheless, this is still very good closer to a 4.3 than 4.6 fresh. Yeast character is moderate and a faint heat are noticeable.

02-25-2013 06:13:38 | More by DefenCorps