Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Peche 'n Brett - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales

Peche 'n BrettPeche 'n Brett

Logsdon Farmhouse Ales visit their website
Oregon, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: msubulldog25 on 05-08-2012

Our Seizoen Bretta oak aged and loaded with tons of local organic peaches (a pound and a half per gallon).

First released in 750ml bottles May 2012.
Second release in January 2013.
Third Release - February 2014

Thanks, David.

Appearance: This gushed quite a bit after uncapping the bottle. The beer pours a hazy blond color, topped by a huge frothy head that takes a while to settle.

Smell: A ton of fruit here. Peaches and cream and vanilla beans spring to mind first. Behind that there's a good amount of barnyard, phenols and light acidity. The nose is exceptional.

Palate: Very dry and bubbly with a big vibrant peach flavor that includes flesh and more tannic skin. Brett lends a peppery, funky and phenolic backbone to the intense fruit flavors. There's a touch of grain and gentle acidity. The body is medium-light, and there's no trace of the ABV. I was even somewhat shocked to discover that this is 10% - I'd have guessed maybe 6%.

Overall: This beer took me by surprise. I tried the base beer for this a few months back and thought it was quite good, but this is on another level. Seek this out. (899 characters)

Logsdon Farmhouse Peche n Brett

Batch 2

A- pour yields a 1 finger off white head receding quick leaving almost no lacing as expected. 3.5

S- tart, funk, peaches, fruity. Amazing 4.5

T- starts out with juicy peaches light funk, and some tartness follewes by ripe peaches and finishing tannic. The oak barrel has done amazing things to this beer and lends a very nice light sweetness making it perfect. As good as I could ever imagine a beer being. 5

M- good medium body with a medium level of carbonation. 4

O- amazing beer that was a pleasure to try. I'd love another bottle of this. 5

A+ (595 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Best by 01/2020 (guess I'm a bit hasty)

Look - Pours a lovely, foggy burnt orange with a nice off white head. Good distribution, nice retention. Excellent clinging. 4.75 paws.

Smell - Holy moly, you can't put your nose within a foot of the glass without smelling the peaches and cream aromas. Once your in there it's all peach, like canned peaches in syrup, likely from the pear juice. So fresh and vibrant, wonderful. 5 paws.

Taste - The peaches are more subdued than on the nose, but are most definitely there. It finishes amazingly dry, a bit of a wonder they were able to retain so much peach flavor and aroma without making the beer cloyingly sweet. A bit of yogurt funk, bitter hop undertones, and lingering bitterness. Subtle peppery spice, pear comes through on the finish. 4.5 paws.

Feel - Medium to full bodied, slightly viscous and grainy. Little carbonation. 4.5 paws.

Overall - A tremendously enjoyable beer, I would be very curious to see how it ages. I'm sure the peach aroma would fade, but the brett more developed brett character could add many layers of complexity. 4.75 paws. (1,116 characters)

4.68/5  rDev +6.6%

750ml bottle, 2014 vintage, poured into a Logdsdon Cervoise.

The beer pours a super cloudy straw color, hues of apricot and orange with a very, very, lively white head, soapy and frothy that settles at about 3 fingers and has great retention and leaves a huge wall of lace. The aroma is beautiful, tons of peaches, juicy and fresh, nice bretty funk and yeast character with light spice with some pale must grain. The flavors follow nicely, loads of juicy peach, fleshy, juicy and fresh with a bit of the pear juice that is present that also comes across like white grapes, nice funkiness and yeast character, true to the saison style, pale cracked grain, very rustic with light mustiness. The mouthfeel is great, almost creamy at times but with lots of lively carbonation that coats so well and finishes crisply that lets off so nicely.

Verdict: Sensational saison from Logsdon and one of my favorite beers ever. The peaches are showcased perfectly without undermining the base beer or the style and crossing over into a wild ale. This is definitely a must try and just a spectacular beer. (1,091 characters)

4.67/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Thanks to anadune for this one, super high up there on my "wants" list, glad to finally see this one go. I love peaches and I love Brett, so this beer should do me well. Pours a brilliant sunburst color with hints of golden-peach flowing about. Cloudy and opaque for the most part with a foamy white head that has decent retention.

Whoof! Talk about funk! The aroma hits hard, right out of the gate, and doesn't let up. Copious amounts of Brett just unleash and unload on the senses - barnyard funk, damp cellar, and wet hay. And then, of course, the peaches! There's a vibrant peach presence that underlines the funky body of the beer - it's sweet, juicy, and authentic, and perhaps most importantly - it's not overdone at all. Rather than control or overtake the aroma, the peaches just accent it, and inject their juicy goodness in a moderate but noticeable amount, a nearly perfect complement to the barnyard funk. Sweet and funky all at once - how can you not love that? The oak can be found once you "search" for it, and once you find it, it doesn't go away. Beautiful woody tones round out this excellently aromatic profile. Exquisite.

I couldn't have been more excited to finally bring this one to my lips... as soon as it hits my palate, the funk just plants itself in my mouth and never lets go. This bitch is SUPER funky; tons of barnyard, horsey sweat, musty earth, cheesy-funk... Absolutely crazy. The oak makes a big comeback and tastes much more robust than it smelled - works perfectly with the insane amounts of Brett that are going wild right now. And then again - just like an epiphany similar to the aroma - the peaches just squeeze their way in, quietly and unobtrusively, adding just the right amount of presence and flavor. Seriously, they could not have been added to this beer in a more perfect amount. Enough to tame the Brett and keep your taste buds working, but not enough to overpower and turn this thing into a peach cobbler.

I wouldn't necessarily describe this beer as "sour", but there certainly is a light tartness that hits you initially with the onslaught of Brett. By the time the peaches take the forefront, the tartness will have faded and the beer takes on a lovely sweetness that nicely combines with (and is probably aided by) the peach flavors. My friend and I were surprised to find out this beer was clocking in at 10% ABV - there's just no possible way that much alcohol can be masked so well. Honestly, this drinks just as easily as the Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen gueuzes we had previously, and those contain nearly half the alcohol. Peche n' Brett has a medium body; sharp, slick, and wet mouth feel with a medium-high amount of carbonation.

Wow, what a truly unique and amazing beer. Perfect amount of peaches and a nice compliment to their wonderful Brett profile. I thought this one was a huge improvement over the Seizoen Bretta (although that was still very good). Took me by surprise, but I hope I'll have the chance to enjoy this one again. Top notch. (3,013 characters)

4.66/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Poured from bottle into a Deschutes tulip. Batch #2.
A: murky orange with a solid three finger head. I expected this not to be clear, but it's incredibly hazy. Not chunky thank goodness, but still nothing amazing to look at.
S: peaches and funk. Bretty goodness with a solid peach backbone and some hint of crisp acidity. Smells delicious!
T: peaches right up front. Surprisingly not as over the top as I was expecting. Almost balanced with the mild acidity and Brett character. Seems like the Brett is playing into the fruit flavors, with it's funky notes playing a supporting role. Very, very nice.
M: just perfect. It's a light bodied brew, but the perfect level of carbonation and the silkiness and richness of flavor provide a mouth filling experience.
O: awesome. I was expecting this to be a bit of a letdown. So talked up, I generally assume that it can't actually be THAT good. This one lived up to it's reputation. I would put this above any other Saison I've had. And that is how I would characterize it after drinking it. Reads as a beautiful Saison with fruit. The Brett is apparent, but if you put this next to their other brews, the comparison would be obvious I think. Interested to see how this ages as the fruit fades and the Brett takes a funkier and stronger role. (1,285 characters)

4.66/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A fantastic beer. The weight, feel and flavor of this beer is quite darn good. The peach is consistently present without too much "skin" and very little sweetness. Slightly tart to give it a quenching trait. Just darn good (223 characters)

4.65/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Had to see for myself what the hype was about. First shot at it was at the Logsdon tasting room.

Smell reminded me of peaches and cream.

First sip was alot more sour than I had expected, but once i got further into it, the flavors melded together much better. Smooth peach and funk mixed perfectly. You get the vanilla and oak in there.

The 10% alcohol that's stated to have, hidden very very well.

Overall, never had anything like this before and it definitely lives up to the hype however i've heard that this year's batch was better fresh than last years. Left the farmhouse with plenty of bottles to see how they age. (625 characters)

4.63/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A: Giant white head rocketing up to 4 fingers and calms down to a solid 2 fingers with a rocky thick foam clinging to the glass in islands. True to the name the brew is golden peach in colour clouded with what I can only hope is deliciousness.

S: Sweet juicy peach with a close follow up of that familiar bret funk, sour and lactic acid . Tartness of citrus fruits and fresh sweetness with a very subtle whiff of oak.

T: Tart and tangy peach juice with white pepper, fresh lemon juice and lactic acid. Brett shows at the finish like a sucker on the tongue, dry tart and crisp. As it warms the peaches begin to fade slightly while the brett comes to the forefront.

M: Snappy carbonation up front with a dry, crisp finish.

O: This is a fantastic beer that perfectly matches the acidity, dryness and funk of the brett with the freshness of peaches and it reminiscent of matching cheese and fruit. While this beer was difficult to find it was definitely worth the effort. (973 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +5.2%

Millions of Peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches peaches for free!

A- Golden and hazy. Heavy head that spilled out of the bottle at open. Even after th first pour kept bubbling. Really nice color ana great head.

S-Peaches and funk. the fruit is up front and then the brett funk comes through great. An awesome smell for a brett beer. True brett characteristics and a great fruit character.

T-Again peaches, in such an awesome way. It actually is almost like peaches and cream. The brett gives it a creamy taste. An at 10% ABV!? It tastes like 5% easily. One of the most drinkable higher abv beers that I have had.

M-Bubbly crisp and clean. Sharp on the tongue and then easy on the palette.

O-Goddamn this is a good beer. THe peaches are so prevalent and taste. The brett characteristics are spot on and again the peach is so tasty. This beer is dangerous at 10%. Luckily it was hard to come by. This one and one for the cellar until the next release. David Logsdon touche. (987 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

5/27/2012

Huge thanks to Luke (writerljberg) for this special beer. This took gold in the American-Style Brett Ale category at World Beer Cup 2012. My first Logsdon beer. The cap comes off with a vicious hiss. As I put my hands on the keyboard to type that last sentence the foam starts bubbling over the mouth of the bottle and onto my pants. Great move on my part *shakes my fist toward Oregon*. Snifter.

After I typed the word "snifter" I turned around to speak to my fiancé and I knocked 4 ounces of the beer onto my keyboard and mouse pad so I spent 10 minutes cleaning that up. Then, I noticed that foam had gained the mouth of the bottle again and a bit more got on my desk. This beer has been quite an ordeal so far.

The bottle presentation is very nice. The label art itself is beautiful and it has a peach coloring to it that adds to its attractiveness.

A: Hazy yellow orange with a big mousse-like white head. Good retention and sheets of lacing are left behind.

S: Sugary sweet and lightly tart peaches with pronounced leather and earthy notes. Apple blends with pear, apricot, and floral character. Malt is soft and grainy. This smells amazing. There's a subtle spiciness with a restrained barnyard presence.

T: Tart peaches up front with apple, pear, apricot, leather, drying oak, and a little vanilla. The fruit is bright and expressive, with some yogurt-like lactic character. There's a bit of lemon with a mild citric acidity. The finish is bursting with peach and lemon with oak, light tannins, and a dry tartness. This is 10%? Good god. Life is over when brewers can make beers that seem 5% but are actually 10%.

M: Lower medium body with high carbonation. The mouthfeel is spritzy, dry, tannic, and smooth.

Overall: Exceptional. I feel fortunate to be able to try this. Highly recommended. (1,819 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On To The Aroma!

Having been brewed with Brett, there is just enough of those characteristics that make me say “oooh yeah, I smell the brett.” At the same time, the peaches are the star of the show and definitely take center stage. Juicy peach, lactic acid, faint citrus juice, wisps of alcohol and a little bit of oak. After I had carefully poured a few glasses to get a taste, I sloshed the beer in the bottle so I could mix the yeast and fruit sediment up and really get that ‘rustic’ flavor that I love in Saisons. Yehp, that definitely gave a little more ‘funk’ to the aroma as a whole. Absolutely amazing.

On To The Flavor!

The flavor is where the show really starts. Crisp mouthfeel and prickly carbonation coupled with a pleasant tartness makes this a beer I can’t put down. It has that quintessential Saison yeast flavor with grain, bubble gum, lemon and a little banana on the finish when it warms. Again, once aroused the sediment in the bottom of the bottle, the Saison characteristics really come through. As it warms, the alcohol gently numbs the palate. However, at no point in my imbibing do I taste alcohol. Brett shines a little more once the beer has warmed and had the sediment aroused.

On To The Verdict!

Honestly, this is right up there with West Ashley. While West Ashley is a Wild Ale and features a more ‘sour’ flavor profile, this beer is not far behind in terms of sour Saisons and really acts as a quintessential example of the ingenuity and creativity of brewers these days. Mr. Logsdon, if you are reading this, you have made this boy very happy!
Cheers! (1,615 characters)

4.61/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

The beer pours a honey amber color with excellent head retention and considerable laciing. On the nose, this beer really smells terrific. You definitely get a lot of peach (canned and fresh), but there's also some noticeable fruit cocktail, a hint of vanilla, and sort of "bretty" buttery funk aroma. The beer doesn't smell as if it's going to be all that sour, and in fact it wasn't. Otherwise, the flavor profile replicated the nose, but the balance in this beer is nothing short of amazing. There is a hint of sour, but it's just enough to counter the modest sweetness in this beer. Drinkability is just off the charts. Each sip begs for another one, and before I even knew what I was doing, I found myself reaching for the bottle to pour myself another glass. Alcohol is incredibly well integrated into the flavor profile. I did a double take when I saw the 10%.... there is no way I would have guess it was that high. Mouthfeel is fairly full with a long, lightly sour peach finish. However, there is nothing at all heavy or tiring about this beer on the palate, and this beer is just a joy to drink.

Excellent stuff.... even the usual out of the way places in town where I can usually find hard to find beers (MofC on Terwilliger and in West Linn, for example) were sold out of this beer, even though I'm sure they just got their supply in this past week. After trying this beer, I now have a better understanding why.

Edit from 4/12/14. As others have noted, this is not a beer to age or sit on. Sampled one of two bottles I still have left from the most recent release, and the peach flavor is already starting to subside a bit. It was stil tasty, but when very fresh, the peach flavor is prominent and just amazing, whereas now it's just one more voice in the flavor profile chorus. Still good, don't get me wrong, but when very fresh, this beer is just out of this world. (1,883 characters)

4.61/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

something about me and certain fruited wild ales that i just cant get over. this is one of the best ive ever had, a truly unique brew, maybe the best example of peaches in a beer ive ever seen. its hazy and pale, heady as they come, faint glowing orange. im smelling the fizzy ripe yellow peach, sweet and like nothing else nature produces. the brett is intense, mature, getting tart rather than just funky. there is also this creamy vanilla aroma that is supported by a heavy wheat malt base and patience. the flavor is an oh my god moment, or series of moments each sip. im floored by this, its so unique. the peaches and the brett are elevated well beyond where they have gone in other beers, to the point of being explosive on the palate. i like the bottle more and more as it drinks down too, the dregs being almost my favorite part because of how alive it all seems to be. the peaches and brett are the perfect combination, its just incredible. my mouth waters for more as i write this. effervescent carbonation and a puckery dry finish thats about as expressive as brett can be. nothing subtle about it, but expertly refined. i absolutely must get my hands on more of this magic! (1,186 characters)

4.61/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Sweet apricot nectar aroma, low to mid carbonation, wheat, sweet fruity nectar taste, tart - not creamy, sweet nectar linger. But not too sweet! Delicious. Gets more tasty with warmth.

Bought a bottle from the brewery and shared it five days later in a hotel room with one other; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Hood River, USA. As part of a six-week West Coast beer tour. I rate to taste, not to style. See my blog for more details: carbeers.wordpress.com (450 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A: Pours a hazy orange color, rather bright with a small white head on top that reduced to a bubbly ring on top. Sporadic clingy lace.

S: A great combination of bretty aromas and peaches. Some definite hay/barnyard funk going on with ripe fruit. Just a bit of oak.

T: Nice fresh peach flavor, not super peachy, but very balanced with the brett. Very light tartness mixed with the funk that the brett brings to the beer. Light wheat and grainy malt in the background.

M: Light bodied with medium carbonation. Extremely drinkable, especially for 10%!

O: Really a great beer, one of the best I have had recently, certainly lives up to its reputation. Look forward to trying the other Logsdon Saisons. (704 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Serving Type: Bottle
Best By: 1/2020
Consumed: 4/11/15

A: 4.5 Quite a pretty beer; pours a slightly hazy, orange-gold. The two inch, off-white head lasts a couple minutes and leaves good lacing.

S: 4.5 Tons of peach. More fruit than I’ve smelled in just about any beer. Smells rather sweet with a lot of very ripe, candied peach. A very small amount of brett and funk comes through and a touch of white wine on the finish.

T: 4.75 While the nose is dominated by peaches, the flavor is a bit more interesting and nuanced. Peach is still up front, but the brett really comes through here adding a nice, dryness to counter the relatively sweet peach. White wine, some herbs (thyme maybe?) and oak round out the finish with little bit of lingering bitterness.

M: 4.5 Great body and carbonation and rather dry. Super refreshing for 10% abv.

O: 4.5 This is a super intense peach beer and it works really well. I love the base beer and the addition of peaches is an excellent compliment. If it was a little more tart, this beer would be perfect, but, as a fruited saison, it doesn’t get much better. (1,102 characters)

4.58/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Never thought I'd see this on the shelves. I guess living in the 'burbs does have its benefits. This batch was released Jan 2013

With a slow gush that renders to nought all my patience in letting this settle down after a rough ride in the shopping cart and the subsequent drive home, this beer is a hazy, peachy orange with a dense, light peach head with excellent retention and moderate lacing. Does a non-gushing Logsdon beer even exist? Never mind. The beer itself is fantastic. The nose exhibits such a bright, vibrant and delicate peach nose, fresh, fragrant, fruity and floral that it makes me want summer all over again. The base saison is clear - spicy clove and white pepper with a blend of Brett phenols,barnyard, with honey, rustic grains (spelt?) and a touch of fattiness and yeasty aroma that does serve to accentuate the fruit, the nose is incredible. A touch of coriander seed is also present.

The palate opens with an exceptional blend of peach flavor, mild peach acidity and saison and Brett spices. A blend of lemon and peach acidity lends a piquancy that really does open up the palate to multiple waves of flavor. White pepper, clove-y Brett, a little bit of spicy alcohol, barnyard, a faint bay leaf note, a little bit of kaffir lime brightess, the aromatics of orange blossom honey, all in beautiful harmony, the palate really is an education. Despite its strength, the peach flavor never takes over, playing the role of an equal partner in this complex piece. Recognizably and enjoyably deep and varied, it lends an excellent flavor here. A touch yeasty on the finish along with a blend of peach, clove and honey, this beer is medium in body, moderately carbonated and a treat on the palate. The nose had me worried about whether this would be too fatty for my liking, but good lord, is this near perfect. The alcohol is shockingly well-hidden, there is no way I would have pegged this at 10%.

Easily the best beer I've had in 6 months. The way the peach is expressed on the nose reminds me of my first encounter with Yellow Bus in its youth with all the brilliant peach aromatics stunningly layered. This comes with the highest of recommendations.

**Edit 21 Feb 2014**

Note to self : stop aging beers. Especially those that don't need it.

Less peachy, more Brett forward than when fresh, slightly sulfury/ farty with the peach being more of a tart peach/ character than the bright, complex redolent peach character that it had fresh. That said, it's still fleshy and mildly frothy. The palate still has a ton of peach, but it does seem to have lost some of the brash brilliance of its youth. The peach juice has fermented out, leaving an earthy, spicy Brett character. Moderately sweet nonetheless, this is still very good closer to a 4.3 than 4.6 fresh. Yeast character is moderate and a faint heat are noticeable. (2,848 characters)

4.58/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: Pours a hazed burnt apricot flavor with a tightly carbonated two finger white head. This bottle was not a gusher, which was cool. Didn't want any of this to go to waste.

S: My favorite part of the beer. This stuff smells fantastic. Right away, you get the advertised peach, but it's not the sweet, juicy peach puree kind of smell I was expecting. It's a tart underripe white peach aroma blanketed by some bretty funk. There is definitely a touch of sweetness there, but the barnyard funk really keeps things from getting too sweet. A great dash of oak, spice and just waves and waves of funk. I love this smell.

T: Opens with a tart note of peach and peach skin with a trace of underripe raspberry peeking through. A big wave of barnyard funk follows and it leaves a dry, tannic feel on your tongue. Soft oak, brett, peach pit and chalky malt. Everything is really well balanced and the peaches are a great addition. Mouthfeel is medium with some tight carbonation that allows all of the flavors to come through without being too distracting. The slightest bit of warmness on the swallow is the only trace of the 10%. A really well done beer. (1,148 characters)

4.57/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Look: Cloudy, juicy, orange and faded amber body. White, crisp looking head.
Smell: Peach Pez. Candied dried peach. Overripe peaches.
Taste: Not nearly as good as the smell, but meets expectations. Sweet and sour peach juiciness.
Feel: Crisp carbonation in the mouth. Medium body. Easier than not.

Overall - I am not a saison guy, but to date, this is the best farmhouse ale I have had. More than I expected. This makes me want to dip into the saison/farmhouse ale department. (489 characters)

4.56/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

750ml bottle, brouwers, split

Hazy peach body - thin layer of beige bubble. "Tastes like a Logsdon beer". The brett is in full force - aging this beer seems foolish. The glorious peach notes hit in the finish and are a real nice contrast of sweet-tart. Grassy, funky, some oak, bready notes. Fantastic stuff. (309 characters)

4.56/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

L: amberish Orange with a fluffy four finger head that dissipates into a one finger head and large patches stuck to the side of the glass
S: I could sniff this for hours. Peach in every form - fresh fruit, syrupy, candied/gummy peach. Very clean.
T: clean, crisp funk from the Brett, crisp fruitiness from the peach and pear juice, a little malt in the background. A faint hint of tartness.
F: again, crisp and clean with a dry finish
O: delicious. Well crafted and executed. (476 characters)

4.55/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Poured a hazy orange gold with two fingers of bright white head. Aroma of peach, pepper, hay, oak, and pear. Not too much lacing after the head dies down.

Moderate-to-high carbonation and a full, thick mouthfeel. Creamy and just a bit slick from the alcohol, which is otherwise almost undetectable.

Not as sweet as I suspected, with mild peach, oaky vanilla, apple and pear, a trace of funk, and peppery spice. Finishes very dry and keeps you coming back for more.

It was hard to drink this one slowly. Amazing balance, totally delicious. Doesn't supersede the base beer for me, but I love how they integrated the peach. Not at all overdone. (644 characters)

4.55/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2014 Vintage. So happy I snagged a bottle of this...apparently only a few cases made it to the central valley this year. Pours a hazy golden color with a large white head that goes down fairly quickly. Scent is AMAZING! Packed with wild yeast and peaches. Especially as this beer warms, the peach aroma builds up and the brett comes out beautifully. Taste is a little more tart than the aroma would imply...which is never a bad thing. Peach skin and funky farmhouse flavors up front. Slightly tart peach flavors with great farmhouse flavors and barnyard hay. This beer is not spicy at all... straight up fruit, barnyard, and funk. So damn tasty. The peach comes out more and more with each sip. Mouthfeel is a bit dry and full-bodied. Drinkability is very high, as the ABV is well-hidden. This 10% farmhouse ale is not boozy in the slightest bit. Overall, Logsdon never seems to disappoint, especially with this one. Such an amazing farmhouse ale. The peaches shine brilliantly in this one. Believe the hype. (1,008 characters)

4.54/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

2014 vintage, poured in oversized wine glass
Peche n Brett

A- pours a hazy golden yellow color with a creamy white head that retains long after the pour

S- fresh peach aroma mixed with vanilla cream, with some Brett funk, notes of hay, vinous wood, earth and floral notes.

T- fresh peach juice flavor hits the palate immediately, quickly followed by some Brett funk with notes of light barnyard and wet hay, slightly spicy leading to a dry finish with light tart and more peach.

M- medium body with low carbonation leads to a foamy and tart mouthfeel and a bone dry finish

O- this is all about the peach, and it showcases it brilliantly, one of the best of the style IMO (681 characters)

Peche 'n Brett from Logsdon Farmhouse Ales