Peroni Nastro Azzurro - Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Peroni Nastro AzzurroPeroni Nastro Azzurro

poor

poor

Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A. visit their website
Italy

Euro Pale Lager |  5.10% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-19-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peroni Nastro Azzurro Alström Bros
SkiBum22

08-21-2014 13:33:19 | More by SkiBum22
tjd112

I had this beer at some goodbye party for a friend!!! It poured a pee yellow with some fizzy, fast disolving head. The smell and taste was like if a skunk sprayed and pissed on a bale of hay. I was not impressed with the mouthfeel, it was too watery to my liking, and this is unthinkable-undrinkable. It turns out that my local EPL (River Horse Lager) is FAR more drinkable than all the EPLs I've had.

02-24-2010 22:46:22 | More by tjd112

Cost: $2.50

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Ordered at an Italian Restaurant. Tastes like a stale Heiniken.

Conditions:

Indiana

10-18-2012 14:55:20 | More by Kyrojack
Rifugium

1.05/5  rDev -61.8%

First had: ? (on tap at some restaurant)

They should call it "Peroni Nasty Ass-urro"! But seriously folks...

Clear, pale, straw-yellow body, with a wisp of fizzy white head. Aroma of grains, cabbagey skunk. About the same in the taste, vague beerish qualities of pale malts and light hops, skunk, sweet corn, grain husks. See, crappy adjunct lagers exist in all countries, not just the US. Light mouthfeel, thin, watery, unnecessary, undrinkable. Lots of good Italian craft beers are making their ways to the States lately...this isn't one of them.

04-15-2012 08:31:09 | More by Rifugium
JCBears

Germany

1.14/5  rDev -58.5%

appearance: pale yellow not very proficient bubbles kind of bland

smell: skunky smell, grainy and not very appealing

taste: skunky in taste as well, bland and flat not good at all vinegar

mouthfeel: taste stays too long, it is not something I want in my mouth

overall: you are not missing anything if you don't have this beer

11-15-2013 21:39:26 | More by JCBears
MaltsOfGlory

Oregon

1.2/5  rDev -56.4%

Pours a small one finger white head that is already almost gone, the body is completely see through, yellow in color. Looks pretty horrible to me, I have no idea how this beer gets a C, because it looks like a adjunct lager to me, actually, it looks worse than some adjunct lagers, it's not even giving me any lacing. The smell is just full of skunk, maybe a little bit of malt underneath that, and then some hop underneath that, it's just so hard to detect anything when the smell of skunk is just blasting you in the face. The smell really isn't that great, I mean it smells like it's got some girth to it, but it's just all f'd up by all the skunk. We'll see how this beer tastes, but I don't have too much hope. God, the flavor is horrible, it taste like water mixed with alcohol and skunk. I mean it's almost undrinkable. I guess it's crisp? I mean I'm trying to find good things to say about it, I mean I guess it has more flavor than a bud, but it's not a good flavor. I really remember liking this beer more, but this....this beer is horrible. Btw, if anyone cared, I am getting 0 lacing out of this beer. I mean, I can drink it, it's beer, I wont hate drinking it, but....this is one of the last beers I would prefer to drink out of all of the beers out there in the world. I hate to say all of this because I'm italian, I want to like this beer, it's got a cool label, but man. Mouthfeel is bad, drinkability is bad, I don't know what else to say, I'm shocked at how bad this beer is, I really am.

04-29-2011 03:05:27 | More by MaltsOfGlory
Oxymoron

Colorado

1.23/5  rDev -55.3%

Not to be confused with pepperoni. Pours a lemony yellow color with a bit of a fizz that quickly dissipated to nothing. At least the color is correct.

Limited aroma even for style. Some grainy notes. Definitely skunked. Some noticeable sulfur and a funky yeast that is a mix between dirty drains, vomit and horse blanket. Some lighter saaz notes but limited.

The taste is off as well. A bit wispy on the top end but there is a grainy/husky flavor on the back end. There is a light astringent note as well from the grains. There is a bit of bitterness from the hops and a light earthy finishing hop note. Trying not to notice the skunky taste, but hard to ignore. Why green bottles? The yeast is not as bad as the nose but still has some butyric notes that are really a deterrent.

The body is light, which is on for style. A bit watery but some malt notes do linger. Overall this is note a good beer. Beyond the yeast, skunk and limited taste there really isn't many positives to talk about.

12-01-2005 22:16:29 | More by Oxymoron
JIMTRK16

02-26-2014 21:58:30 | More by JIMTRK16
Phyl21ca

Quebec (Canada)

1.25/5  rDev -54.5%

Bottle: Poured a super light yellow color ale with a small bubbly head with almost no retention and no lacing. Aroma is quite bland with almost no characteristics. Taste is also very bland and thin with loads of watery notes. Body is light with spritzy carbonation. I haven’t had such a thin and bland beer in a long time.

08-15-2012 16:59:01 | More by Phyl21ca
Istur

08-01-2014 15:09:21 | More by Istur
Dbot

Delaware

07-04-2014 23:44:36 | More by Dbot
Peroni Nastro Azzurro from Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.