Peroni Nastro Azzurro - Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Peroni Nastro AzzurroPeroni Nastro Azzurro

poor

poor

Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A. visit their website
Italy

Euro Pale Lager |  5.10% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 01-03-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peroni Nastro Azzurro Alström Bros
Reviews: 661 | Hads: 1,746

I had this beer at some goodbye party for a friend!!! It poured a pee yellow with some fizzy, fast disolving head. The smell and taste was like if a skunk sprayed and pissed on a bale of hay. I was not impressed with the mouthfeel, it was too watery to my liking, and this is unthinkable-undrinkable. It turns out that my local EPL (River Horse Lager) is FAR more drinkable than all the EPLs I've had. (401 characters)

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: Michele's

Cost: $2.50

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Ordered at an Italian Restaurant. Tastes like a stale Heiniken.

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n (379 characters)

1.05/5  rDev -61.8%

First had: ? (on tap at some restaurant)

They should call it "Peroni Nasty Ass-urro"! But seriously folks...

Clear, pale, straw-yellow body, with a wisp of fizzy white head. Aroma of grains, cabbagey skunk. About the same in the taste, vague beerish qualities of pale malts and light hops, skunk, sweet corn, grain husks. See, crappy adjunct lagers exist in all countries, not just the US. Light mouthfeel, thin, watery, unnecessary, undrinkable. Lots of good Italian craft beers are making their ways to the States lately...this isn't one of them. (550 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -57.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

appearance: pale yellow not very proficient bubbles kind of bland

smell: skunky smell, grainy and not very appealing

taste: skunky in taste as well, bland and flat not good at all vinegar

mouthfeel: taste stays too long, it is not something I want in my mouth

overall: you are not missing anything if you don't have this beer (336 characters)

1.24/5  rDev -54.9%

Pours a small one finger white head that is already almost gone, the body is completely see through, yellow in color. Looks pretty horrible to me, I have no idea how this beer gets a C, because it looks like a adjunct lager to me, actually, it looks worse than some adjunct lagers, it's not even giving me any lacing. The smell is just full of skunk, maybe a little bit of malt underneath that, and then some hop underneath that, it's just so hard to detect anything when the smell of skunk is just blasting you in the face. The smell really isn't that great, I mean it smells like it's got some girth to it, but it's just all f'd up by all the skunk. We'll see how this beer tastes, but I don't have too much hope. God, the flavor is horrible, it taste like water mixed with alcohol and skunk. I mean it's almost undrinkable. I guess it's crisp? I mean I'm trying to find good things to say about it, I mean I guess it has more flavor than a bud, but it's not a good flavor. I really remember liking this beer more, but this....this beer is horrible. Btw, if anyone cared, I am getting 0 lacing out of this beer. I mean, I can drink it, it's beer, I wont hate drinking it, but....this is one of the last beers I would prefer to drink out of all of the beers out there in the world. I hate to say all of this because I'm italian, I want to like this beer, it's got a cool label, but man. Mouthfeel is bad, drinkability is bad, I don't know what else to say, I'm shocked at how bad this beer is, I really am. (1,507 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -54.5%

Not to be confused with pepperoni. Pours a lemony yellow color with a bit of a fizz that quickly dissipated to nothing. At least the color is correct.

Limited aroma even for style. Some grainy notes. Definitely skunked. Some noticeable sulfur and a funky yeast that is a mix between dirty drains, vomit and horse blanket. Some lighter saaz notes but limited.

The taste is off as well. A bit wispy on the top end but there is a grainy/husky flavor on the back end. There is a light astringent note as well from the grains. There is a bit of bitterness from the hops and a light earthy finishing hop note. Trying not to notice the skunky taste, but hard to ignore. Why green bottles? The yeast is not as bad as the nose but still has some butyric notes that are really a deterrent.

The body is light, which is on for style. A bit watery but some malt notes do linger. Overall this is note a good beer. Beyond the yeast, skunk and limited taste there really isn't many positives to talk about. (994 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -53.5%

Bottle: Poured a super light yellow color ale with a small bubbly head with almost no retention and no lacing. Aroma is quite bland with almost no characteristics. Taste is also very bland and thin with loads of watery notes. Body is light with spritzy carbonation. I haven’t had such a thin and bland beer in a long time. (324 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -52.4%

Well, I haven't had a good pan in awhile. This beer actually makes you want to eat a pan, as that would probably taste better. Puns (and pans) aside, let's do the review, shall we. I was a young lad of 28 years, sitting by the seaside in the small fishing village of Minori on the Amalfi coast, and I wanted a damned beer to go with my local dessert called "Nun's breasts" (seriously, that's how the word translated). I hadn't ticked the ubiquitous Italian beer Nasty Azzurro yet, so why not now? SHOULD HAVE RESISTED.

The beer looks harmless enough, golden-yellow in color and fizzy with a one-finger white head.

The aroma is just bad. An unpleasant bitterness assaults your nose. It's a bit like day-old grass, with some dirt mixed in, and a bland Wonder bread malt presence.

The flavor is bland as all hell, other than the taste of unpleasant old grassy hops and slight metal.

Light and fizzy on the palate, and very unsatisfying.

"Premium lager" is a misnomer as there's nothing premium about this crap. It's just crap. Plain and simple. I did not enjoy this experience whatsoever, and it took great effort to choke down the glass. Fortunately I am seasoned with a great deal of Indian Wells experience, so I succeeded. But I'm telling you, the whole thing was like a "Man vs. Food" challenge. I suffered greatly. (1,322 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -52.4%

Had this bottle in Florence on my elopement/honeymoon. Suffice it to say the Italians should stick to wine, with a few exceptions.

A: Clear, flat, little if any head, pretty boring.

S: Smells like regret. And a like a lager that has been in a green bottle for some time, not the most appealing brew.

T: Who knew! Regret! Skunky, grainy, bitter regret. Not the worst thing I've had in my mouth but close.

M: Well... not that bad for what it is. I was expecting thin and harsh in this department but it's better than that.

O: If you're in Florence just try the wine. Things that ferment taste great, stick with the ones Italy is good at. (640 characters)

1.36/5  rDev -50.5%

I got this from my neighbor when I helped him carry a matress upstairs. I got screwed. I don't know how long it was in his fridge. Long enough to be the single skunkiest beer in the history of the world. Looks very pale yellow. Fizzy carbonation. No head. I can smell the skunk already. I don't mean to overstate it, but this really is the skunkiest beer I have ever come across. You can imagine what it tasted like. I know some people enjoy a little skunk, like Heineken, Becks, ect. I can't imagine that antything is intentionally this bad. So that means that it is from the light getting through the green bottles. So why use green bottles and not brown or cans? I don't know. I do know Ralph owes me another beer to make up for this. (737 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -49.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I have the sinking suspicion that any "#1 in it's country" beer is awful. Coincidentally this tastes as bad as the #1 beer in the USA. As such, I doubt I will ever bother with it again. (185 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -48.7%

Okay... Green bottle, (not a fan) but i happen to be at an Italian restaurant so, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" yes?
Pours a musky, golden yellow with a half finger head that dissipate rather quickly, (like you blink and its gone) leaving a soap suddy bubbliness around the top of the class.
Smells like some corn, a bit skunky, and a little grassy. Smell is faint, (humph! could be vodka)
Taste much like nothing. its very boring. If you can imagine a decent beer that you took everything interesting away from and left just enough something for it to still be considered a beer, thats this beer.
mouthfeel is the only thing about the beer that is almost worth giving it a second chance. its clean... that is all. (721 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -47.3%

Aerozeppl obviously hates me.

A: Piss in a glass. Thick white head. I can't say anything better and maintain integrity.

S: Euro semi-skunked adjunct aroma.

T: Thick adjunct flavor. Corn city. Makes bud seem like a beer.

M: Thick like a wheat beer but still super light.

D: What's less than Zero? (305 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -47.3%

Pours about the worst looking beer known to man! Ultra light, white head that fades in moments...totally awful looking. There are some bubbles in the body so I guess I'll give credit for that. Just awful.

Skunked beer with maybe a hint of sweet malt?

Thankfully the flavor here isn't awful. It reminds me of a helles without the yeasty flavors that often add the needed complexity. This beer tries to have a yeasty flavor but it fails to get there.

Crisp and clean perhaps, but there's something lacking here.

I wanted to dog this one as just lacking anything of value. Instead this just a very bad beer, but not an insult to beer. (638 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -46.9%

This beer is terrible. I was not even able to finish it. Adjuncts dominated the smells. It's also a bit costly around my place. The worst beer I have tried from Italy. (167 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -46.9%

The Peroni poured a light straw color with a tall white head. The white head faded quickly and did not lace on the glass. The smell was very bitter and not appealing. It actually smelled just like a Heineken. The taste matched the smell; no signs of malt character and a very bitter taste. I do not know what hops are in this beer but they are not pleasant and have a tannin type bite. There was also a corn or rice aftertaste. The beer was very watery and I do not think I could have had more than the one. Not recommended. (524 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -46.2%

12 oz green bottle poured into a pilsner glass. Very little head and no lacing to speak of. Color is a pale watery yellow. Active carbonation streamers.
Smell at first is slightly skunky, but mellows no a bland cereal grain aroma. Taste is a very weak grain flavor.
Mouthfeel is watery and thin.
This is easy to drink just because water is easy to drink. (357 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -46.2%

Clear straw yellow with a brittle white head that quickly dissipates.

Smells like hops, veggies and old rope. Not offensive, but odd. Spritzy mouthfeel from lively carbonation. Very light bodied beer. Tastes awful, like it was brewed in a plastic barrel. Nasty chemical and soap flavours. Feh. (296 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -46.2%

Transparent, yellowy appearance...big, bone-white head, softly settling.

Aroma: "eh, it's beer"...clean and dull, with merest hints of lemon zest and minerals...

Taste: ah! crap! harsh bite at the front...ow! not good! bad beer, bad beer!
Dissipates eventually, but offers no rewards...big, painful, citric sour quality pervades what little flavor exists, and each new sip brings a fresh wince to the face. Not what you want in a beer.

One of the worst experience I've had with a beer. Not quite Crazy Ed's, but close...
Yuck!
Someone please confirm for me, "Nastro Azzurro" is Italian for "Nasty Ass", isn't it? (625 characters)

1.49/5  rDev -45.8%

Not good at all, theheavy aroma of skunk is in the air.

The head was average dissaperd in a timely fashion nothing special.
The taste is bitter sweet with malt and little hops.It's very dry finish is crisp and clean, but mostly I was just happy it was gone.

My first Italian made beer and mabey my last! (310 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -45.5%

Went to bertuchis tonight, had this beer because it was the pairing recommendation with their florentine pizza, I really wish I had not drank this as it was a reminded me of just how bad beer really can be. It was pale urine yellow with a thin head, had a noticeably watery taste with a bitter aftertaste, it didn't have a noticeable aroma, the glass they served it in said blue moon which ironically would have went better with the pizza. (439 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -45.5%

I don't want to do negative reviews on beers because I feel in away every beer is something that somebody made, almost an art, but this is the first year I've ever had that actually made me sick. Two sips into the spear and my stomach went haywire. the sMell was very faint but it actually had and almost fruity aroma. the appearance was nothing more than a light beer. (369 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz bottle. Aroma: Cornflakes with some perfume hops. Taste: The same as aroma. Some hops are present. Appearance: Nothing really to look at. Palate: Watery. Overall: Who would need to import this beer half a way around the world? I would have been better off by ordering Heineken. (283 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

from the bottle. poured a nice golden color with a meduim sized head that didn't last. aroma light malts some sweetness. flavor malts some sweetness to it a hint of bitterness with a hint of skunk. went ok with my Italian dinner I am glad it was a speial for $2.00 (264 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Half pint served at local italian bar.

A- Pale blonde, 2 finger head that dissapates to a thin crown on top.

S- Some faint hops, pretty bland alll in all.

T- Straight to the point, a bit of hop bitterness then water. Finishes very quickly indeed.

M - Spritzy carbonation, thin

D- No thanks, next to no flavour, bloating, not even nice to look at. Pass! (357 characters)

Peroni Nastro Azzurro from Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.