Blackberry Beret - Perennial Artisan Ales

pDev: 0%
Perennial Artisan Ales visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.70% ABV

(Beer added by: Sean9689 on 06-06-2012)
4.33/5  rDev 0%

Big Grocery's small batch Thursday special! From what I remember, it's a brown ale with blackberries (and possibly rye)...forgot to write down in my notes.

A - Pours a darker brown color, tan head, thin collar.

S - Big blackberry nose, caramel, brown sugars, rye toasted malts. I thought this combo works together so perfectly...it's really enjoyable. I know he used a TON of blackberries, and it's really evident with this beer.

T - Tastes similar but I think I like the palate better. Blackberry bomb, brown sugar, caramel, toasted malts, light tartness from the fruit. Finish is berries and brown sugar...sounds good huh?

M - Medium body, good carbonation, sweet fruity finish.

O - Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! I'm a huge fan of brown ales and the blackberries really just upped this beer into the "awesome zone" (which I'm in all of the time). I really really (really) hope this one of made again so I can drink more of it!

Sean9689, Jun 06, 2012
Blackberry Beret from Perennial Artisan Ales
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.