St. Bernardus Abt 12 - Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV

St. Bernardus Abt 12St. Bernardus Abt 12

Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV visit their website

Quadrupel (Quad) |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-14-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of St. Bernardus Abt 12 Alström Bros
Ratings: 8,428 | Reviews: 2,659

This beer is the best!!!!! Loved everything about it. From the way it was presented to me down to swallowing this beer. It is very delicious and would highly recommend it to everyone. Glad my awesome bartender showed me it.

Smooth, delicious. Like a liqueur. This is a phenomenal quadrupel… particularly on tap.

The perfect beer. You don't have to wait for an occasion to drink this beer because it's an occasion every time you open a bottle.

Might be the best beer I have ever had. Extremely smooth. I compare it to Chimay Blue and Trappist Rochefort.

From www.cervezasespeciales.com The only bad thing about this beer is that you cant drink a lot of them in a row because of its high ABV

I took a nice vacation to Belgium and got to try a bunch of beers while I was there. I went to a small pub in Bruges and the bartender recommended this. I wasn't disappointed at all. Best beer I had the entire trip and contender for the best beer I've ever had. Amazing.

Smooth and coats your mouth one of my favorites even if its pricey its well worth it best quad EVER!!

This is the only beer that I have ever considered to be truly perfect. I actually got chills during my first taste.

Incredible beer and excellent BDSA.

awesome beer. The standard for Belgian Strong ales.

I can't think of a better beer. Intense, powerful, rich, creamy, and it imparts a profound sense of superiority. This one separates the boys from the men.

This should be what's comin outa our taps.... Cheers to a beer which everyone should love and will love....

Best Christmas beer I've had.

Hands down, the best beer I've ever had. It's the gold standard by which other beers should be measured...acknowledging, of course, that each beer needs to be appreciated and rated in the context of its style. St Bernardus 12 is the definitive 5.0 amongst Quads, with Rochefort 10 coming in a close second.

Hard to imagine a better example of the style. Malty without being cloying, absolutely outstanding phenols from the yeast, and just the right amount of roast in the malt. Not much more to say - just can't believe that one of the very best gustatory experiences available costs less than a mediocre bottle of wine.

Pours a beautiful, cloudy dark amber with a fuffy, tan head. The lacing is spotty, but thick. There is a fair bit of carbonation still visible even after being poured for a while.

Smells almost bourbony up front with toffee malts, dried fruits all over and dry hops at the very end. Very balanced in the nose and not too boozy smelling despite the ABV.

Tastes surprisingly grapy at the start, with banana esters and spices. Brown bread and brown sugar at the end with a slight dryness punctuating the experience. Tastes like it should be boozy, but it doesn't taste as such.

Mouthfeel is unctuous and smooth; your mouth is coated. We are not in Pilsner country, here!

Overall, it's earned every word of it's reputation as one of the best Quads out there. It's balanced, smooth and drinkable while still allowing for complexity and depth. I think part of it's charm is the heavier carbonation; it lightens everything up. It's, without a doubt, one of the best beers I've had.

Best beer I have ever tried. Had it on tap at tapwerks in OKC. Dark, smoky, amazing.

Quite possibly the best beer I have ever tasted in my life along with, Tripel Karmeleit... A truly beautiful waterfall of flavours: fruity notes, wine like crisp, hoppy notes, chocolate malt, cinnamon, so much going on every taste unlocking new dimensions and flavours :3

My absolute favorite beer.

Been wanting to try this one for a while based on its reputation. A dark ale brewed in the Trappist monk style in Belgium. Malty and sweet, but not too bitter. Very large head. Quite simply one of the best beers I've ever had

This beer was how I got into Belgian beers. It was my first quad and it was definitely a memorable experience that set the bar high.

Absolutely outstanding. Can't be beat.

What can I say? It's my favorite quad and it remains to seem to be that way.

This is my favorite beer. Not sure if price makes me appreciate it more but it is a fenomenal beer. This coming from sworn ipa guy.

Great