400 Divine Rabbits - Greenbush Brewing Company

400 Divine Rabbits400 Divine Rabbits

good

Greenbush Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  6.30% ABV

(Beer added by: Emnmarko on 03-06-2014)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Slay40:

4.25/5  rDev +20.4%

3.25/5  rDev -7.9%

I picked up a bottle of Grennbush's 400 Divine Rabbits last week for $1.89 at The Lager Mill. I've never had this beer before, but since I'm always down to a try a new beer from Greenbush I thought I would take a chance on it, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, but I know it's fairly fresh. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks nice, it goes well with the name and I think it's a little eye catching. It poured a nice yellow color that had a slight golden hue to it and it took one more of darker golden and amber hue when held to the light with almost three fingers worth of creamy white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some patchy and sticky lacing behind. This was a pretty good looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aromas starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness that has a slight agave like aroma to it followed by a unique fruit aroma that might have something to do with the agave, but there's also some berry aromas with a light peach aroma showing up in the background. Up next comes the malts which are very biscuity, but there's also some sweet malt, and wheat like aromas with some doughy yeast showing up in the background. This beer had a pretty nice aroma, the biscuit malts worked well with the fruity aromas.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness followed by a light fruity flavor being the first to show up and it was much lighter then it was in the aroma and it just imparts a light generic fruity flavor. Up next comes the malts which stick out the most with some, sweet malt, wheat and grainy flavors showing up with some biscuit malt flavors sticking out the most. On the finish there's a slightly lighter amount of medium bitterness followed by a sweet malt and biscuit malt aftertaste. This was a decent tasting beer, but it lacked some of those aspects that made the aroma a little interesting and that made for somewhat bland tasting beer.

M- Fairly smooth, clean, a little crisp, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a nice mouthfeel that worked well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a decent beer and decent example of the style, I was expecting a fruity American Pale Wheat Ale after that aroma, but when I got to the taste it was a little disappoint and blander than I thought it would be. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, clean, a little crisp, not too filling and that taste didn't do a good job at holding my attention so one is enough for me, but If I didn't care about taste I could probably drink a couple of them. What I like the most about this beer was the aroma and appearance, those two were the highlights of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, it was just too bland and it couldn't hold my attention. I wouldn't buy this beer again, I would much rather have an Oberon and I wouldn't recommend it either. All in all I was i was a little disappointed with this beer, It just didn't do it for me and it left me wanting more flavor. This might just be one of my least favorite American Pale Wheat Ale and I would for sure much rather have an Oberon. This might be my least favorite Greenbush beer. Better luck next time guys, this one just wasn't for me.

4.25/5  rDev +20.4%