Dunegräs - Greenbush Brewing Company

DunegräsDunegräs

Greenbush Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: ahq514 on 09-20-2011)

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

4.29/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

12oz poured into a pint glass.

Chestnut brown, light colored head with good staying power that clings to the glass. Looks as it should and I like that the foam never really goes away and is sticky.

Nice balance of pine and grapefruit with just enough malt in the nose. This is what I want an IPA to smell like.

Nice and malty upfront and it transitions into the hop flavors from the nose nicely. Lingering grapefruit with a nice dry finish that stays with me. The malts are there, but they know their place and add just enough balance to keep things complex without getting too busy. This tastes like a solid American IPA and hits all of the notes I want and need from this style.

The mouth is as full as I want it to be and the carbonation helps the dry finish. Again, what I want from this style.

This is what I think of when someone asks me what I want to taste and feel in an American IPA. It hits all of the notes perfectly and I will be buying this again, and again. This beer stands out in a market that some might (reasonably) argue is a market over saturated by the style. I highly recommend.

4.01/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

received both the beer and the glassware from c64person in a BIF. Thanks so much for the great box, bud!

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a FFF Teku.

The bottle had a ton of yeast caked to the bottom on the cap and near the top of the bottle. it let me know what i was in for.

Poured an opaque deep caramel, with a minimal amount of floaties. It has highlights of orange and peach. Egg shell head, fairly rocky.

lightly citric hop nose complimented by caramel malt and bready yeast.

Peach, grapefruit and lemon zest backed up by a big malty backbone. Flavorful and balanced.

Big, heavy mouthfeel for the style. has a lot of weight on the palate. low carbonation accentuates this body. long finish, but not overly bitter.

i really enjoyed this beer. i had my reservations with after seeing the bottle and the initial appearance, but this beer does not disappoint. I would recommend it.

Thanks again Justin for letting me try this one.

Dunegräs from Greenbush Brewing Company