Red Wood Wine Barrel Aged Ale - Tree Brewing

Beer added by: andrenaline on 12-26-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 5 | Reviews: 1
3.85/5  rDev n/a

Props to my bro for picking up a bottle for me before they ran out and shipping it to me as part of my Christmas beer package.

A - Pours a slightly hazy dark amber colour with a copper hue, finger of head with some retention and no real lacing.

S - Scent is a tad mild offering up a heavy dose of caramel, touch of vineous wine and grape skins, hint of vanilla and a peppery finish.

T - The wine flavours are mild, but definitely detectable offering up the unique bitterness associated with a dry red wine. A solid caramel malt backbone complements the wine flavours alongside some plums, peppercorns and sweet corn. A leafy green hop note is detectable on the finish and the caramel notes linger with a hint of vanilla, oak and toffee.

M - Medium bodied, creamy and a touch of dryness.

O - A tasty wine barrel aged ale that doesn't overwhelm the palette, yet could still potentially benefit from a bit more aging. I believe it could be considered a bit pricey for the flavour profile, however, it is certainly sessionable and easy drinking. Really glad I had the opportunity to try it, though I'm not certain I would ask my brother to rush out and pick up another bottle if they were to brew it again.

to view more.
Red Wood Wine Barrel Aged Ale from Tree Brewing
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.