Ryeco Suave - Beachwood BBQ & Brewing

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Beachwood BBQ & Brewing visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.70% ABV

(Beer added by: dwagner003 on 10-24-2013)
Reviews by BeerEngineer:
3.49/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

General - Got this as a growler when I was at the Long Beach location the other day. It wasn't opened until this review so it's got good carbonation still. Had this out of a standard pint glass, nothing special. This is a Rye Saison, the reason that I got it is because I have never had a Rye Saison. I've had a lot of beers with Rye in them, but never a saison.

Appearance - Very clear with a golden color. The head is almost tan and lasts for a little while but depletes pretty quickly. There is little to no lacing on this when drinking it.

Aroma - There is a slight alcohol scent to this saison with some fruit scents. Almost a touch of banana but it's very vague. There is touch of clove also. The rye comes through pretty good in this beer, it's not overpowering but you can tell it is there. If I didn't know what was in this beer I wouldn't be able to identify the rye but knowing it is there you can tell.

Taste - Slight bitterness with a clove hint to it. A touch of alcoholic burn but not that significant. As far as saisons go I would say it's an average taste.

Mouthfeel - This is thicker than I would expect from a saison. There is also a lack of carbonation, I don't know if I can attribute that to the growler or not but I'm not going to be able to take any points off because it may be different from the tap.

Overall - This is an alright beer. It's not one of my favorite saisons but it's also not terrible. The rye just adds a little body to the beer and maybe a touch of aroma, the flavor is minimal that I can tell.

3.5/5  rDev n/a

Ryeco Suave from Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.