Thrillseeker IPA - Beachwood BBQ & Brewing

Beachwood BBQ & Brewing visit their website

Beer added by: womencantsail on 08-14-2011

4.96/5  rDev +18.4%

4.66/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

As I picked this up I was expecting an average single ipa. As soon a I poured this I got hit with deliciousness. Extremely smooth and refreshing. A pleasure to drink and def gives blind pig a run for its money!

More people need to try this!! This beer is much better then 93.

4.62/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance – Golden-Orange. 1 finger white head.

Smell – Hops, hops, hops

Taste – Incredibly hop forward (which I prefer). I love the Row 2 malts they use. You can taste them on the backend without cutting into the hops.

Mouthfeel – Medium body. Nice amount of carbonation with a slightly creamy texture.

Overall – This blew me away. I knew Beachwood made solid beers, but this hangs with the best single IPAs out there. I prefer it over their Melrose IPA. Up there with the Alpine and KRBC offerings.

4.6/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Got a bomber from Total Wine in Redondo Beach, CA (on suggestion from the floor clerk)

This IPA pours an amber/orange with lots of lacing. Two finger head. Smell is packed with tropical hops - sweet grapefruit, pineapple, citrus upfront with one whiff. Carbonation and mouth feel was just about right - on the creamy side, very pleasant. Taste overall is very balanced - nice malt base with lots of tropical hops. I would say if you can't get your hands on Pliny then this is a close second. The ABV is 7% but it tastes like a DIPA with a full bodied/balanced taste. I highly recommend this one.

4.56/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.55/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

This golden looking beer with a white head is awesome. Typical of what I would expect from a SoCal beer. This is like a Pliny Light. Awesome.

4.55/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Went down to the Seal Beach location this afternoon, unfortunately all of their bottles sold out the day of the release! A nice bartender recommended that I try Whole Foods, and I was able to find it there (albeit for a $1 more at $8.99).

If there's a better brewery in the greater LA/OC area, I don't believe you. I live in the valley, and am not able to travel to the actual locations very much, but have tried Thrillseeker, Melrose, and Amalgamator since they began bottling them. All are top notch IPAs.

Beautiful, clear golden color. Great lacing. Awesome nose. Slightly sweet finish to balance the hops. Excellent beer. The only thing I can knock off really is the price, which is slightly high. I wish their beers were more readily available in Los Angeles.

4.53/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

10/11/2014 - Beachwood Brewing - Thrillseeker IPA - Poured into a Dogfish Head Spiegelau

A - The pour and look of this beer is amazing. The head has an amazing level of proteins. This is one of the only beers where the head extends past the top of my glass a good couple centimeters and doesn't spill over. An amazing clear golden yellow with cotton white head. The "stereotypical" beer appearance.
S - Pine, Citrus, Mango and Pineapple. A little astringency.
T - Biscuit, Citrus, Pine, Mango. A good amount of bitterness, I think this is more on the double IPA side, 1.5 IPA. Very smooth with a lasting bitterness. A tad bit of astringency.
M - Medium all around, medium carbonation, medium mouth feel, medium amount of creaminess, very easy to swallow.
O - Not my favorite IPA, but hell, this is a damn fine IPA. Great amount of bitterness with a fine malt background to project those hops. Style-wise this is an amazing beer if you love IPAs. If you're not fan of IPA's, I wouldn't suggest this beer. I personally love this beer. I think I'm developing a fetish for Beachwood, haven't had a brew from them I haven't liked.

4.52/5  rDev +7.9%