Peachball - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

No picture uploaded.

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: HoboAGoGo on 01-15-2006)

CityofBals, Sep 12, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -2.1%

From notes. This was Gumballhead aged on peaches. This arrived at the brewbup a nice cloudy orange hue with a head comprised of a few big bubbles. Not much active carbonation going on in this one. Aromas of macerated peaches is upfront and dominates this one, kinda reminds me of opening a mason jar of peach slices from my parents tree. Underneath there's a mellow maltiness and a slight sour note.

First sip brings a bold, slightly sweet peach flavor with a mellow wheaty background. I get a sour twang midway through and it flows down with a touch of hops. Finishes with lingering peach and citrus flavors. An interesting brew, but it just seemed a little off to me, almost as though the Gumballhead base hadn't really stood up to the aging.

Mouthfeel was light to medium boided and smooth with a subtle carbonation. Fairly easy to drink and an interesting experiment, but ultimately it really failed to grab me. I was happy to try it, but the overall Gumballhead character I love so much seemed lost in this one and overrun by peaches. As always though, I look forward to what the Floyds will brew up next!

orbitalr0x, Aug 09, 2006
2.83/5  rDev -14.8%

had on tap at 3 floyds.

this beer looks pretty good, with a nice cloudy light brown appearance. no lacing, no real head.

Odor is like peaches mixed with a hefe.

Taste is sweet and peachy, not really beer like though. more like a fuzzy navel mixed with seltzer water. well, actually, i dont know, maybe there was beer taste. it was just a really weird flavor. i agree with the reviewer below me, you could taste the peach skin and leaves and stuff. i kind of think i could have just licked a peach and gotten the same experience.

mouthfeel was mildly sharp and biting. not much drinkability...like i said, i could just lick a peach.

aforbes10, Jan 23, 2006
4.2/5  rDev +26.5%

Gumballhead aged on 80 lbs of peaches for a year. Considering that Gumballhead is one of the very few wheat anything beers I can palate, and this was aged on PEACHES I was excited. It came in a bowtie, and had a hazy orangish glow to it with a small head. Nose was of peaches, peaches, peaches, a little malt and a little hop. The taste is peaches was interesting, you could tell that the peaches began to do some slight "ripening" it tasted like mooshy peaches, but in a good way. I could swear you could taste the skin and even some leaf in it. The very mild hop flavor works very well with the peach, as the two kind of play on your tongue as it goes down. All in all, one of the strangest beers I've had, but better than almost any other fruit flavored beer I've ever had in my life.

HoboAGoGo, Jan 15, 2006
Peachball from Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.