Arctic Panzer Wolf - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy.

(Beer added by: paco1029384756 on 09-10-2009)

4.11/5  rDev -3.5%

Appearance: Pours a luminous golden orange…hazily transparent, I see a few bubbles happening on the inside…a thin layer of just off white head has formed and remains…a very inviting look…(4/5)

Smell: Tons of citrus hops…I’m getting orange, tangerine, pineapple, mandarin…very light and zesty, though not as much aroma as some I’ve had…light pale malts add background notes…fairly straight forward citrus hops (I imagine it’s the Citra variety) dominant I.P.A…(4/5)

Taste: Tons of citrus hops much like the nose…orange, pineapple, lemon and tangerine dominant, a touch of paler malts for good measure…some piney resin in the after taste…certainly not complex, the citrus hops are used well here making it a nice, flavorful brew…(4.25/5)

Mouthfeel: Medium body with medium carbonation…it does fluff up a bit bringing more lemony/orange tart citrus bitterness to the palate…wet, mildy chewy, some persimmon-like dryness in the finish…tingles the taste buds on the outside of my tongue…(4/5)

Overall: This is a delicious brew and right in my wheelhouse as of late as it seems I can’t get enough of these citrus hops dominant I.P.A’s and double I.P.A’s…the flavor is fantastic, though it doesn’t exude exuberant fresh taste that say a Stone Drink By or an Avery DuganA do...there’s very little alcohol taste for the higher ABV, allowing the beer ingredients to speak for themselves…the only downfall with this brew is the pricetag…at $11.99/22oz (though I bought this one for $10 at the brewery), it’s a bit pricey and not something I would normally spend for less than two beers…is it worth $12? maybe…but what I do have here is excellent and I’m enjoying it thoroughly…if you are looking for something chicagoland specific or are near the brewpub or don’t mind spending money on beer, then this brew is worthy of the money…if, like me, you are typically a baller on a budget, then you can pass on this one and choose something like a Three Floyds Zombie Dust 6-pack or even a Widmer Bros Nelson Imperial I.P.A. to excite your taste buds…(4/5)

4.14/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

From notes, 7/29/11. Pours a bright, light gold with a big head. Dry start with some simple malt sweetness in the finish. Bitterness is strong, about an 8/10. Huge citric-pine aroma with just a touch of light maltiness. A touch of herbal and light stone fruit flavors, as well. West Coast in styling but still stands apart from any other DIPA that I’ve tried. Smooth and fairly light on the palate. No noticeable booziness. Good stuff.

3.5/5  rDev -17.8%