Arctic Panzer Wolf - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy.

(Beer added by: paco1029384756 on 09-10-2009)

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

4.5/5  rDev +5.6%

I aroma on this beer is pungent with hops it smells fantastic! Its body is mostly clearly and very orange. The taste is amazing hops right at the front of the tongue followed by a nice smooth body that drys out and begs you to come back for more. Very enjoyable brew and one I drink often.

Pours into the tulip a slightly hazy golden color with a quarter inch cream head that lingers as a ring of foam and a thin later on the surface.

Citrus and pine resin dominate the aroma, with grapefruit and orange pith taking center stage. A grainy malt backbone is evident.

Flavor is bitter, grainy, bready, with a moderate citrus/grapefruit fruitiness, tangerines and perhaps pineapple. Alcohol is evident in the finish.

Medium body with moderately high carbonation. An alcoholic warmth is present.

Overall, less citrus and more bitterness and alcohol than dreadnaught (which is one of my faves). Great beer! But I'd like a but more fruitiness.

4.75/5  rDev +11.5%

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.43/5  rDev +4%

The last beer from my trade with GDBEERMAN aside from the homebrews - thanks Rob!

Never heard of this beer but love the label, a lot, and have really enjoyed the other FFF beers Rob hooked up. Excited to try it.

A - The beer is poured from an unmarked bottle to a pint glass. It pours a slightly hazy golden straw color with a nice 1.5 finger white head. Good retention as it slowly fades to a thin silky film with nice lacing.

S - As I poured the beer I could immediately pick up a strong citrus aroma, very floral in nature. There is also a mild toasted malt sweetness but mostly a citrus hop character.

T - Immediately the beer springs a citrus flavor found in the aroma: a orange/tangerine peel type flavor on the tongue. Together with a mild bitterness the fruity character blends nicely with the mild toasted sweetness. Very well blended and balanced for such a strong beer. Hides the alcohol very well. Finishes clean and crisp. Very good.

M - Medium to light bodied with good carbonation. Dry and crisp.

O - Another treat Rob hooked up. I really enjoyed this and makes me long for more FFF beers! Maybe not the #1 DIPA I've had, but it's extremely solid. Excellent label, lol. Excellent beer. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on: 03-27-2011 18:21:05

4.03/5  rDev -5.4%

Appearance: Dark Orange/Reddish with a nice mild head that sticks around
Smell: Grapefruit and orange dominant aromas. Typical of a DIPA
Taste: Definite grapefruit taste there. Maybe a little bit of a peach flavor. Very bitter but what are you expecting from a double ipa from three floyds?
Mouthfeel: Tart kind of makes your mouth pucker
Overall: A good beer for sure but i've been drinking a lot of this style lately. It is neither my favorite nor my least favorite that I've had lately. Very hoppy even for three floyds. Glad I gave it a chance. Will I drink it again? Maybe if I go to the pub and they don't have zombie dust in.

4.15/5  rDev -2.6%

Got this from Monsone, cheers Eric!

Pours an effervescent honey/amber with 2+ fingers of pearl colored head. Good head retention & lacing

S: Leafy hops, pears, pineapple

T: Leafy & woody hops, some oaky notes (maybe from the white wine), crisp grape & dryness weaved into some pineyness up front. Herbal & woody hop bitterness, some breadyness & touch of butterscotch, some pineapple & a bit of booze warmth.

MF: Medium bodied, firm carbonation, warming, good balance

A pretty good DIPA, but the flavors just don't come together for me. I would happily drink this again, but there are so many better DIPA out there to be sure

4.38/5  rDev +2.8%

Poured into my CBS snifter. Serious head means it doesn't quite fit all at once.

Body is cloudy orange with a rugged white head.

Nose is candied citrus. Clean and bracing. Maybe not as much going on as Heady Topper or White Rajah, but still nice.

Flavor is sharp, bitter but sweet grapefruit. Moderate malt base is noticeable and along for the ride, but the hops are the thing here. A well done DIPA.

Mouthfeel is scouring and stripping. This is what I love about DIPAs. Chewy and highly carbonated.

Overall is extremely high. I love 3F beer and this is now my favorite DIPA from the Floyds.

Arctic Panzer Wolf from Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub