Arctic Panzer Wolf - 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Arctic Panzer WolfArctic Panzer Wolf

3 Floyds Brewing Co. visit their website
Indiana, United States

Beer added by: paco1029384756 on 09-10-2009

A massive IPA that will leave your palate its hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy.

3.64/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

#ThreeFloyds #ArticPanzerWolf is an American Imperial IPA that puts a deep bright orange hue, lots of sediment~ Im beginning to wonder if mine is a bit old as it has heavy yeasty sediment floating, so perhaps this review should be taking with a grain of salt~ Aroma starts off very citrus, also a heavy smell of 'right before it rains' a lit of earthiness.. Honestly it smells like dirt~ Almost a bit bitter I feel like I have to end this #Breview as this one still taste good, I don't think it is tasting the way 3F's intended it (If so, it was less than Impressive)~ Overall: Incomplete (Stay tuned for a revisit)

3.5/5  rDev -17.8%

3.75/5  rDev -12%

3.5/5  rDev -17.8%

4.75/5  rDev +11.5%

3.9/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured from a Bomber. Great thick head and the color was lighter than most of the DIPA's I drink. The smell of hops hit me hard which is unusual for me. I don't usually get a strong smell from any beers...too many cigars maybe?

Anyway, I am a big fan of TF Zombie Dust and Dreadnaught. The was a great DIPA, but I prefer those two over this. The hoppy flavor was great, but I am I don't detect the strong citrus flavors that many here discuss. There were subtle...which is a nice change of pace for me

So far I am 4 for 5 on Three Floyd products. The three mentioned here plus Robert the Bruce are all outstanding. Only Alpha King disappointed me. Probably because I have totally changed my palate the last few years. I will definitely buy this again when I see it. IF I see it.

4.43/5  rDev +4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a bottle dated 2/24/14—I know, almost 3 months old—into an IPA glass.

Look: on the paler side, especially for an IIPA. Very clear, well-carbonated yellow.

Smell: very unusual. I really can't put a name to what I'm picking up here. Not really fruity, piney, grassy, oniony, dank... The best way to describe it is that it's like the clean, bright smell I associate with cilantro or dill, but applied to some super-sweet, slightly citrusy tropical fruit.

Taste: pretty much follows the smell. More straightforwardly sweet and citric, but still elusive. Definite wood (oak/cedar) notes in there as well. Not really getting much bitterness at all.

Feel: decent. Medium body, good carbonation, fairly dry.

Overall: not the most unique IPA I've tried, but still pretty unusual, and very enjoyable.

Arctic Panzer Wolf from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.