Zombie Dust - 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010

to view more.
Ratings: 8,117 | Reviews: 1,351
4.84/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Amazing, lives up to the hype

4.61/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

One of the most amazing pales while fresh.

4.52/5  rDev -2%

09/09/2015 is the date on the bottle. 12 oz.

A: slightly orange in hue. a decent amount of haze, but nothing too crazy. good looking brew.

S: aroma is full of pineapple hop juiciness. hop resins throughout. gram cracker grain notes in the aroma.

T: flavor is similar. tropical mostly, perhaps a little bit of pine hop flavor. a minor crystal malty flavor is fleeting at best. bitterness is moderate, a tad on the strong side in my opinion. tone that back a touch and this is even more lights out. maybe I got used to it, but I found this more and more drinkable throughout and the bitterness continued to fad.

M: average carb for a pale. medium bodied brew.

D: got the month plus old bottle from a co-worker. very appreciated to get to try this again since a trip to Chicago. hoping for an increased distribution of all things 3 Floyds.

4.57/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Excellent pale ale - perfect nose, crisp mouthfeel. But it's still just a pale ale, and is a bit overrated in the grand scheme of things IMO.

Try it. You won't regret it.

4.47/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Wow. Much better than alpha king. One of the best APA anywhere

4.9/5  rDev +6.3%

I am having a hard time thinking what could possibly be improved in the best beer I know... Maybe a bit more bitterness in the end, but still it's the best!

If I were a beer I would want to be just like zombie dust! Simply amazing.
Please give this one a try!!

Absolutely Phenomenal Beer! Wish it was easier to find! Mainly sold by the Keg

4.65/5  rDev +0.9%

Clearly not one to pass by. Aggressively hopped with a complex bitterness that just keeps growing. Pine, citrus and resin flavirs are pronounced while the malt takes the back seat.

4.43/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

My brother brings this over as an extra he scored in a trade. This has been a long time want for me just because of the hype surrounding it. Relatively fresh bottle as I am told.

A: Hazy mellow gold with nice retention of foamy lacing on the glass. Very interesting a pretty for a pale ale.

S: Very interesting blend of the hop character with the base malts. Good amount of lemon hop sweetness and some other citrus notes.

T: Very interesting indeed. Opens up with a good non-assertive hop blend finishing out with strong honey notes. A bit of grapefruit and other citrus tones. It is a beer that I am savoring and really can't see myself just kicking this back.

M: Follows through excellently with the taste. The bitterness from the hop character is subdued and you the malts are constrained well as to not give off that somewhat lager-ish overly malty and sometimes copper taste that you can get from pale ales.

O: A great take on a pale ale and I would seek this out again. I can't put this ahead of Hoppy Birthday just because of my love for IPAs but this is definitely in the top 3 pale ales I've ever had.

4.62/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is an outstanding pale ale, definitely one of the best but not thee best imo until I try pseudosue. This just explodes with hop flavor and finishes with honey and I want to say toffee/caramel. Not as piney as some of the west coast ipa's I am use to, but I like this flavor profile much more. Only complaint here is the nose, which is definitely lacking although something I can live without.

12 oz. bottle poured into a snifter

Pours a hazy, deep straw gold with two fingers of fluffy white head that maintains a thin cap and soft fuzzy lacing on the side of my glass. Aroma is a captivating blend of bright citrus that takes my nose hostage the instant I pop the cap. Lots of lemon zest, grapefruit, and lime with just a touch of sweet biscuity malt. I'm tempted to splash some on my neck as cologne. That's as sexy as any pale ale can smell.

Tastes every bit as good as my nose told me it would. More sharp, bright citrus that manages to both bite the palate and gently caress it at the same time. Impressive multitasking. There's faint tropical fruit and floral notes, but lemon, orange, and grapefruit rule the day. Also a hint of pine resin for good measure. Just as in the aroma, the light grainy malt offers just enough body to give a fleeting illusion of sweetness. Body is a bit lighter than medium, with lively carbonation. Crisp and refreshing, with a slightly dry finish and lingering memories of all the hop goodness within.

I had been wanting to get my hands on this for a while, and I was worried my anticipation would lead to a classic case of unmet expectations. Nope. I waited until the last bottle of my 6-pack to review it, as I didn't want to let my initial euphoria influence my rating unjustly. Pale ale, IPA, call it whatever you want. This beer is a work of art in every way. I wanted to find a reason not to rate it a 5, but I'd have been lying to myself.

3.83/5  rDev -16.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Good but nothing special. The label art definitely outdoes the quality of the brew for me. Love the name and love the design, sadly do not love the beer. Definitely something you need to try once tho!

4.6/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

One of my favorite APA's and easy to get with a little bit of work here in Indiana.

4.83/5  rDev +4.8%

I had this on tap at three floyds and it is the real deal.

Heaven in a bottle.... My absolute favorite. Lucky to live in a city where it's not impossible to find with a little digging and a connection or two. If you've never had the chance to enjoy Zombie, do what you've got to do to get your hands on some. You won't be disappointed.

Amazing! My tongue loved this beer I just want more and more it's so good on draft

4.67/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Finally able to get a hold of this beer. Great Citra hop aroma and good flavor. Glad I got a Six pack.

3.97/5  rDev -13.9%

A nice intersection between a good label, name, and beer. It does have a really lipsmacking fruit flavor, but there is no malt and the flavor drops off almost immediately. The hazy burnt orange is indeed great looking and the beer sports a wonderful egg-shell white head that sticks around for the entirety of the beers consumption.

Don't let the hype tell you that this is one of the finest beers ever made, but also make no mistake that this is a good beer and maybe a great one. I think its telling that if I could just walk into a liquor store and pick this up on the regular I would, especially in the summer months.

Exceptional balance. This beer will dominate you and ruin your future.

3.77/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I have had this 3X now and just have never been impressed with it...

They suck getting this out to us...but it is top shelf .... But there are a ton of great beers ... Sorry 3 Floyds, but unless you start taking care of your fans...I'm out

3.02/5  rDev -34.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75

What's the big deal? I think Miller Lite tastes better!

4.5/5  rDev -2.4%

Great color, crisp taste, just an amazing pale ale. Damn good beer all around.

to view more.
Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.