Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Wants: 3,005
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.40% ABV

This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one's only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry. Art by Tim Seeley.

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Reviews by GGRECH:

StaceyY1

07-21-2014 14:29:42 | More by StaceyY1
StoutHunter

4.56/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I got a bottle of Three Floyds Zombie Dust that was given to me Beer Jay. I've never had anything from Three Floyds before and I've been wanting to try this beer for a while and I'm happy Beer Jay gave me a chance to try it, so lets see how it goes. Less than two weeks old. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks good, it goes nicely with the name and I think it's eye catching. It poured a nice orange color that took on more of a amber orange color when held to the light and it had a little over two fingers worth of slightly off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some nice patchy lacing behind. This was a very nice looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma start off with a with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the fruity hops being the first to show up and they impart a great fruit aroma that mainly consists of citrus fruit aromas but there also some nice tropical fruit like aromas that come together to make for an aroma that is similar to pineapple orange juice and there's also some piney hops showing up in the background. Up next comes a nice and noticeable malt aroma with some lightly toasted, biscuit, slightly grainy and slight caramel malt like aromas that show up just enough. This beer had a awesome aroma, it was full of fruity hops and it had just enough malts to bring out some balance.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by the fruity hops still being the first to show up and they still impart those same aspects that I got in the aroma with that great pineapple orange juice flavor sticking out the most and it seems like the piney hops stick out just a little more in the background than they did in the aroma. Up next comes the malts which impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma and they show up just enough. On the finish there's just a slightly higher amount of medium bitterness with a fruity hop and slightly piney aftertaste. This was a great tasting beer, the hop profile was really good and it still managed to have a little bit of balance to it.

M- Smooth, fairly crisp, refreshing, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was awesome and it worked great with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a great beer and I thought it was a world class example of an IPA, I know the brewery calls this is a Pale Ale and while it has some of the balance that a good Pale Ale should have it still tasted and drank just like an IPA. This beer had great drinkability, it was smooth, fairly crisp, refreshing, not filling at all and the taste did a great job of holding my attention, I think I could drink a lot of these without even coming close to being bored with it, it's a great combination of taste and drinkability and I think it's a great beer to have on a warm day. What I like the most about this beer was the aroma and mouthfeel, to me those two aspects stood out just a little more than the others and they were both really well done. What I liked the least about this beer was nothing, there isn't a single that about this beer that I disliked or would change, it's great just the way it is, but I do wish I could buy this in Michigan. I would for sure buy this beer if I had the chance and I wouldn't hesitate to grab a case of it. I would recommend this beer to everyone, it is truly one of those must try beers. All in all I was pretty impressed with this beer, with how famous it is in the craft beer scene I was expecting this to be a great beer and it ended up living up to that and it delivered in every aspect. This beer made for a great first impression for Three Floyds and I would love to try more of their beer. As a a Pale Ale, I'm pretty sure it's the best I've had and as an IPA it's up there in my top three for sure. Great job guys, this is one Awesome beer and It deserves all the recognition it gets.

07-21-2014 03:34:19 | More by StoutHunter