Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Zombie Dust - 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

Wants: 4,370
3 Floyds Brewing Co. visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010

Reviews: 1,360 | Hads: 8,842

The taste, look, feel and craftsmanship of this beer is of the charts. By far my favorite APA. The best and most sure fire way to acquire Zombie Dust is to watch the 3 Floyds websites "Beers To Go" page (http://www.3floyds.com/beers-to-go/) and making a trip to the brewery or by stalking your local liquor store (If you live the Chicago / Northwestern Indiana area), making friend s with it's employees, and learning what day and time the distributor makes his delivery. Some what pathetic behavior I know but what can I say....it's a damn good beer.

A- Bright orange with slight haze. Decent lace with lots of head.

S- Citrus, pineapple and grapefruit rind. Slight mandarin orange.

T- The Citra hops here provide a clear citrusy grapefruit profile. Flavor is fantastic, and the hop bitterness is balanced perfectly to finish with the malt. Pineapple, orange rind and slight, slight pine.

M- Feels fairly dry, with a little carbonation keeping the beer bright. No residual bitterness or hop resin on aftertaste.

O- Best single-hop beer I've ever had. Just a fantastic, well-rounded beer from 3F.

One of the best beers I have ever had, this beer is hard to get ahold of and the hype is real. My only complaint is the slight bitterness in the aftertaste.

Hazy golden color with a nice white head. Amazingly big citrus and tropical fruit aroma. Flavor is similar with grapefruit, orange, mango, and just a little pine bitterness. Balanced perfectly with a malty sweetness and body. Very smooth and finishes clean with no aftertaste. I love this beer!

Heaven in a bottle.... My absolute favorite. Lucky to live in a city where it's not impossible to find with a little digging and a connection or two. If you've never had the chance to enjoy Zombie, do what you've got to do to get your hands on some. You won't be disappointed.

They suck getting this out to us...but it is top shelf .... But there are a ton of great beers ... Sorry 3 Floyds, but unless you start taking care of your fans...I'm out

Obtained in a beer trade with a can date a week prior. Honestly, to say it is one of the finest pale ales in the country would be doing it a disservice. While being classified as a pale ale, I would think this is more of a super tasty IPA. You get lots of tropical fruit aromas from the Citra hops utilized in the brewing process. Taste is somewhat subtle but has an effective bite after your first sip. Overall, awesome beer and worth seeking out, cheers!

3floyds was so packed at GABF 2015. The line was 20+ deep to get this beer but I waited anyway and OMG worth every minute.

A: has a beautiful golden color with a full foamy head that disapates with time.

S: When i smelled my sample i was hit with a fragrane of citris. Pine needles and orange peels.

T: This beer is made with a single hop (citra hop). When it hits the lips so good.

M: Very fresh and light.

D: Refreshing pale ale could drink for hours on end. Light and smooth.

I just started drinking beer recently and while trying many different kinds so far, this is by far the best. I'm lucky enough to have the Three Floyds Brewery only about 20 miles from me or so, and I couldn't be any happier about it. Zombie Dust is the pinnacle of what an American Pale Ale should be.

Bottled 10/24/14 and enjoyed on 11/4/14. I get a lot of fresh, piney, tropical, citrus and floral notes on the aroma. Dank, fresh hops. Explosion of flavor in every sip to gulp. Beautiful lacing. Not too bitter at 60 IBUs.. juicy!

This is my favorite beer. Love the artwork, love the taste! I've managed to have it on draft three different occasions in Terre Haute Indiana. Also picked up 2 cases at Dark Lord day 2013!

Pure Citra. A perfect representation of the style on all fronts, and at same time one of the most refreshing, balanced and delicious beers I've had. I've been dusted.

From the first time you smell the hops in the glass, you know this is a special beer. Yes there is an explosion of hops, although controlled, when you taste it, but the clean mouth feel leaves you wanting more. It is evident why all the reviews are what they are for Zombie Dust across the country at BA and other beer rating sites. This is an outstanding beer that you are bound to enjoy! As long as you like hops... If you don't the it is a wonder why you even drink beer.

Pint glass on tap at 3 Floyds Brewery.

My favorite beer of all time!

Appearance - Golden amber hue.

Smell - Huge tropical and citrus notes. Incredible!

Taste - Mind blowing mix of tropical, citrus and pine. Literally mind blowing!!

Mouthfeel - Perfect carbonation. Medium attenuation.One.

Overall - Best Ale of all-time!!!

I was at the brewery on 10/3. Got a case that was brewed on 10/2. I have never had it that fresh. it was phenomenal. I had probably had 6 or 7 times prior, but this was by far the best I had

Unbelievable! Drank the first time and second time in a year later and still excel! This is one of the best beer I have ever drank, period. I rarely rated 5 stars, but this one deserves it and won't disappoint you. Amazing to see the low IBU from Zombie Dust and still delivered executing. Would linger on your buds and palate that long. Impressed.

This is one of the best beers in the world. May make my top 5 so far. Fanatic smell. Great hoppy taste with no bitter nice. Nice sweet aftertaste but it is never too sweet. This the perfect beer to sip or to drink 3 or 4. Not overpowering at all. This beer will not disappoint.

Smells of Apricot citrus grapefruit.
Pours cloudy , no big head. Very aromatic
Tastes like juice
Could drink w bacon and eggs
Brew club loves the beer. We all say buy again
I think it live up to the hype
Hoppy to be a pale ale. I would say more toward IPA
I think it's fff best beer

A: Pours a nice golden yellow with a two finger head that fills the
glass. Lacing hangs around for the duration of drinking and coats the sides.
S: Piney resin, grapefruit and other fruits.
T: Can you get a better blended beer? Pine, grapefruit, citrus that blends deliciously with the malts
M: Nice carbonation that goes down smooth. Feels like a perfect beer.
O: I could drink this beer all day, every day. Deliciously well rounded and a pleasure to drink. It is worth all the hype and more.

Anyone who rates this beer below a 4.5 is crazy. I can regularly get this and it's always a go to for me. By far the best citra hopped beer out!

FFF doesn't make a bad beer!

12 oz. bottle poured into a snifter

Pours a hazy, deep straw gold with two fingers of fluffy white head that maintains a thin cap and soft fuzzy lacing on the side of my glass. Aroma is a captivating blend of bright citrus that takes my nose hostage the instant I pop the cap. Lots of lemon zest, grapefruit, and lime with just a touch of sweet biscuity malt. I'm tempted to splash some on my neck as cologne. That's as sexy as any pale ale can smell.

Tastes every bit as good as my nose told me it would. More sharp, bright citrus that manages to both bite the palate and gently caress it at the same time. Impressive multitasking. There's faint tropical fruit and floral notes, but lemon, orange, and grapefruit rule the day. Also a hint of pine resin for good measure. Just as in the aroma, the light grainy malt offers just enough body to give a fleeting illusion of sweetness. Body is a bit lighter than medium, with lively carbonation. Crisp and refreshing, with a slightly dry finish and lingering memories of all the hop goodness within.

I had been wanting to get my hands on this for a while, and I was worried my anticipation would lead to a classic case of unmet expectations. Nope. I waited until the last bottle of my 6-pack to review it, as I didn't want to let my initial euphoria influence my rating unjustly. Pale ale, IPA, call it whatever you want. This beer is a work of art in every way. I wanted to find a reason not to rate it a 5, but I'd have been lying to myself.

A: A deep orange look to it, great color for a pale ale

S: Lemony, grapefruit, citrus, all the things i love

T: Very hoppy tasting like that grassy taste, with that lemon/grapefruit citrus taste. Delicious one of the best tasting pale ales I've had, just wish it was easier to find in more places ;)

M: Equal carbonation to the body of the beer, very easy to pound down, left that super craving dry pale ale taste in your mouth.

O: Easily one of the best beers I've had, I'm upset the liquor store wouldn't sell me more because of some stupid rule!!! I've been searching everywhere and is usually the first beer i look for.

Have picked up two 6 packs in the last 3 weeks. Both packs were bottled about a week before I drank them. This is an excellent beer and has no faults. I hope with the expansion at Three Floyds this will become more readily available (liquor stores in Indianapolis get 1 case about every 2 weeks), and I don't have to leave work early to get my hands on some. One of the best beers I've ever drank, and if you get it fresh like I have recently it is unbelievably good.

I can only imagine a full six pack of ZD, forget having a case. This stuff is so insanely hard to find.

It has the best flavor of any IPA I have ever had… a little red grapefruit… very sweet and floral but with a good amount of bite in the finish.

Medium to full body and soooo delicious.

A - Copper

S - Hop and citrus smell

T - Truly an impressive taste. Mouthful of flavor. (Hop, Citrus, Malt)

M - Smooth with hardly any bitterness.

O - Truly a class on its own. Zombie Dust is a well balanced Pale Ale. It lives up to its name.

I would strongly recommend you give it a try if you already haven't.

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.