Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Wants: 3,506
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros

hophead_87, Oct 29, 2014

oskinker, Nov 19, 2014

FullObs, Oct 10, 2012

handcrafty, Aug 23, 2014

tgeorgf, May 18, 2013

Appearance - somewhat clouded peach-tinted golden color. Head is puffing up quickly to about a finger and a half. Holds some of the sediment from the bottom, like sprinkled cinnamon on a meringue. Steady action from below, keeping the head in good shape.

Aroma - piny and grapefruit combo, good resilience, mmm....

Taste - the citrus side of the hops hits immediately with the sturdy grain base, the balance is great right from the start. Moving to mid-palate, the grains subside and the hops go a little twangy, prickly on the tongue. Just about where they'd start to get a little medicinal, they begin to ease up instead. The finish stays mildly bitter but fills the mouth just the same. Grapefruit rind at the end.

Mouthfeel - quite smooth, very crisp, medium+ body.

Overall - excellent session pale. Thanks to my buddy Steve for picking up a few of these on his last trip to Munster. Enjoyed it during the WEBN 2013 fireworks, aptly zombie-themed this year. I really enjoyed this beer despite the hype. Too often, once I hear all the accolades, I find it hard to enjoy the beer afterwards - so much pressure! :-)

"But I can't pay attention 'cause I'm on that dust" - Prost!

brewdlyhooked13, Sep 03, 2013

I am coming back now to write a quick blurb on this beer. I have had it on tap at 3F's and it was amazing, but I hadnt had a chance to sit down at home, pour my own, and really think about it...

A great friend from IL just sent me a fresh 12 pack of these beauties and I sat down to properly enjoy one poured into my 3F's Teku. THIS BEER IS AMAZING! I thought maybe I had built it up in my head based on other reviews and the excitement I had to drink more, but that is NOT the case. This is the perfect beer. Litterally. If I could rated this at a 10 I would.

This beer is everything that I want from an IPA (I know, its an APA), you can sip it slowly, you can session it, you can live on it. I would drink this every day if it was possible. Seek out this beer and savor every sip.

HopChef44, Mar 21, 2013

airbag11, Jun 01, 2012

Only had one bottle to try, great smell of hops and citrus, nice one finger head that lasted, taste like heaven in a bottle, Had a surly furious the other day, and this one ranks just as well. can't wait to get my hands on some more of this great tasting pale ale.

BERNUTBAG, Apr 11, 2012