Zombie Dust - 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

Wants: 3,994
3 Floyds Brewing Co. visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,027 | Reviews: 1,333

4.12/5  rDev -10.6%

4.32/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A nice cloudy orange. It was light on it's head but honestly, it was probably my pour. It leaves a great lacing on my pint glass. I can smell citrusy hops that wafts strongly from the glass. I don't have to be close to the glass at all to smell them. That being said, the smell is the only thing that disappoints me about this beer. It's lacking somehow that I can't quite put my finger on. The hops hit me immediately as I taste it but they're calmed down almost immediately by the sweet malt. Neither the hops or the malt is overpowering. The mouth feel is very balanced, not too heavy...not too light. As it lingers in my mouth, I can feel a distinct bite tingling in my mouth. Overall it's a great beer. What impresses me the most is how well balanced it is.

4.56/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

The aroma is freaking huge. It’s wonderful how the aroma is so great being a single hop Citra. Tons of sweet citrus with orange, lemon zest, peach, pineapple juice. There's a bit of a malt backbone. A zesty, spritzy aroma. An incredibly addictive smell.

The flavor is different as the fruits only really hit in the front of pineapple, orange, papaya with a hint of sweetness. However, that cuts off with a big note of pink grapefruit throughout with a combination of bitterness and drying throughout. The beer is extremely dry. The finish has light pine, herbacious, grapefruit peel, which is spot on for Citra hops.

The mouthfeel is medium minus.

A very clean drinking beer. It reminds me of white wine or saison with how dry the beer is. It is different because it has this light malt body, and simply injects hop juice onto the palate and then leaves the mouth extremely empty and dry for me.

3.75/5  rDev -18.7%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.