Zombie Dust - 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Zombie DustZombie Dust

Wants: 3,895
3 Floyds Brewing Co. visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev -18.7%

4.33/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

First of all, love the artwork on the bottle. Pours a bright, transparent, orange. End of the pour reveals some yeasty critters ready to excite my palate. Finger of sudsy head. Descent retention and some sticky lace spots. Lots of bubbles on the side of the glass.

Bright, fresh aroma of piney, citric and herbal hops with apricot. Hint of baby powder.

Lighter bready malt character, slight butter flavor. Aggressive hop presence of sap-drenched pine needles, fresh cut grass, grapefruit and apricot. Nectar like sweetness. Nice balance here.

Just barely medium bodied. Well carbonated. Smooth mid-drink with a semi-dry, crisp finish. Not a lot of yeast texture.

One of the better pale ales I have had and closer to an IPA in my opinion. I'd really like to try this on tap.

3.99/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

The first sip is phenomenal. After that, I felt like it was a pretty garden variety apa. It's good, but I've had it twice now and I do noses what the fuss is about. I love the smell, and the taste is very hop forward.

4.43/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a pint glass

A: Nice orangish yellow hue with frothy white head

S: Piney and resinous hops right off the bat, pretty aromatic

T: Solid hop presence gives good bitterness throughout

M: Good carbonation and dry finish makes me want to drink more

O: Great hopped up Pale Ale, worth the hype but better local brews with easy availability will steer me away from this.

3.25/5  rDev -29.5%

4.32/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A- A very attractive amber color with notes of orange. Head formed beautifully.

S- An amazing citrus infused smell.

T- A citrus combination that really took me by surprise, in a good way.

M- I immediately noticed the carbonation. The alcohol was also contained nicely could definitely have killed the six pack that I luckily got my hands on.

Overall, it lived up to the hype was an absolute phenomenal beer. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it. Will actually be getting my hands on some permanent funeral within the next week!

4.81/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A- Pours a very nice dark orange color, little cloudy.
S- Smells awesome, everything you'd want and expect.
T- Dah...
M- Mouthfeel is great, nice carbonation nice full feel.
Had on draft like 3 nights in a row, each time just blew me away. First time I had it in a bottle it was pretty good probably not worth the hype... But having it on draft just blew me away I had to re-review it. I've never had a better beer than Zombie Dust on tap, and I say that in full confidence.

Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.